Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

Since we are still waiting for the TNUK Brexiteers to come up with some tangible Brexit Bonuses, here is the list of Brexit benefits suggested to The Minister For Unicorns.

youtube.com/watch?v=00GkY564uUg

That is at the very heart of what they stand for… “conserving” the wealth of the wealthy, even our much feted majesty. In the end despite all the smokescreens that was what Brexit was really about for those who paid for it.

Directive (EU) 2015/849 (4th Anti-Money Laundering Directive, 4AMLD) aims to combat money laundering* and the financing of terrorism* by preventing the financial market from being misused for these purposes.

The UK, it’s offshore banking and the laundering of Russian money through London were the real hidden reasons for Brexit.
Farage as an obnoxious millionaire metal trader on the LME knew this.

Franglais:
Since we are still waiting for the TNUK Brexiteers to come up with some tangible Brexit Bonuses

Significant pay rises in the last 18 months, you’ve been told that time and time again. The vast majority of waffle you post links to does not affect 99.9% people in any way, shape or form or in any noticeable way to their daily lives. You just seem to use it as a tool to carry on whining like a child in the playground because you didn’t get your own way. On the other hand money earned that goes into your bank at the end of the week/month does. Time to get over it old bean, we had a democratic vote and the side you voted on lost!

What would your reaction and thoughts be had the vote been to stay in the EU and this thread was the opposite way round, with poster’s still babbling on 6 years later about the injustice of the result?

tmcassett:

Franglais:
Since we are still waiting for the TNUK Brexiteers to come up with some tangible Brexit Bonuses

Significant pay rises in the last 18 months, you’ve been told that time and time again. The vast majority of waffle you post links to does not affect 99.9% people in any way, shape or form or in any noticeable way to their daily lives. You just seem to use it as a tool to carry on whining like a child in the playground because you didn’t get your own way. On the other hand money earned that goes into your bank at the end of the week/month does. Time to get over it old bean, we had a democratic vote and the side you voted on lost!

What would your reaction and thoughts be had the vote been to stay in the EU and this thread was the opposite way round, with poster’s still babbling on 6 years later about the injustice of the result?

Significant pay rises lately? Yes… Is that a result of Brexit?
Significant and ongoing rises in the cost of living too… Is that a result of Brexit?

Inflation is no-one`s friend.

Are we as drivers getting a fairer slice of the cake? Yes, I think we are.

Were we denied that before because of the EU? Since other EU nations` drivers were not being under valued, I say “No”.
So, although there is a Brexit effect, the fact that other countries have always managed to pay their workers better than in the UK, especially during years of planned UK austerity, and other drivers all over the place are doing better because of a shortage, that is not a Brexit effect.

What I can see due to Brexit is the increase in admin and red-tape, the increase in journey times, and more delays. All of which affects the price just about everyone in the UK pays for EU imports. Not all price rise is due to Brexit, but some of it is.
We can`t avoid the effects of Putin invading Ukraine. We could have avoided the effects of leaving the Customs Union of the EU.
And I can see the way UK exporters are paying more for export docs and checks, and how smaller ones are simply either giving up, or taking the advice to set up warehouses in the EU!

Franglais:

Were we denied that before because of the EU? Since other EU nations` drivers were not being under valued, I say “No”.

Only a fool would not be able to see the wage stagnation from the early 2000’s across various industries and trades and the significant increase in said wages since is a result of Brexit! Still you keep crying into your EU flag!

tmcassett:

Franglais:

Only a fool would not be able to see the wage stagnation from the early 2000’s across various industries and trades and the significant increase in said wages since is a result of Brexit! Still you keep crying into your EU flag!

Sounds so simple doesn`t it?

For every complicated situation there is a simple explanation, and a simple fix.
That is always wrong.

Simple answers, for simple minds. :laughing:

Angel of the north and Gormless , I think of the co2 used to produce it, eyesore it is more like scrap and in the name of woke taken down and melted into something of purpose .And to swap UK passport for German one ,it is less than a hundred years since they exterminated 6 million jews ,is that not far worse that people voting to leave a club that was not going the ways as advertised (common market) good riddance to him pity he could not take his art (WHAT A JOKE )with him :angry:

I WAS WRONG…i was commenting on news I had watched on BBC night before …thee BBC have said "Mr Gormley has NOT left the UK because of Brexit " they had got the facts wrong,so I am sorry for my post and for taking any notice of the bbc.

thelocal.fr/20220609/is-new … -citizens/

Still do net care I do not like the baton swinging french police or the German twisting of rules ie emissions , destroying an ancient forest it get opencast coal only a couple of years ago…no you are welcome to the mafia…I voted for the common market but not an eu state or eu armed forces

It was driven by nothing more than xenophobic bigotry. I’m sick of hearing all the excuses.

you have your idea I have mine…I am right

> OwenMoney:
> It was driven by nothing more than xenophobic bigotry.

Almost, but actually it was Non Dom Billionaire Newspaper owners & Millionaire currency traders with EU passports like Farage who mobilised the xenophobic bigotry to save them paying taxes

Sums up our current predicament

So…61 pages and counting. :neutral_face:
I know I regularly and periodically take the ■■■■ out of you guys and your refusal to accept Brexit after almost…6 BLOODY YEARS. :bulb: !! , but to be serious for a .minute just a couple of questions.

1.When are you going to finally get bored with all this and just make the best out of (what you consider to be ) a bad job.■■

Surely as in everything else in life, it’s all about react and adapt…it’s what I told my kids in the process of bringing them up and preparing them for adulthood…How to deal with things in life that are chucked at them, that does not necessarilly fit in with their plans and tastes, …and tbf to them they have grown up into adults. ,.and do just that.these days. :bulb:

2’. What exactly do you hope to achieve by this continuous petulance,.and display of displeasure with the situation.■■

Unless of course the British Govt regularly dip into Trucknet and say…
'‘Wow!!..Have you seen the opinions of a few random truck drivers, they ain’t happy,.so I reckon we should take steps to rejoin the EU asap’ .
If you agree that this scenario is highly unlikely,. why not just take the stance pointed out in my last question. :bulb:

Point is chaps, it’s all getting a tad embarrassing now, and ever so boring.

robroy:
I know I regularly and periodically take the ■■■■ out of you guys and your refusal to accept Brexit after almost…6 BLOODY YEARS. :bulb: !! , but to be serious for a .minute just a couple of questions.

1.When are you going to finally get bored with all this and just make the best out of (what you consider to be ) a bad job.■■

Surely as in everything else in life, it’s all about react and adapt…it’s what I told my kids in the process of bringing them up and preparing them for adulthood…How to deal with things in life that are chucked at them, that does not necessarilly fit in with their plans and tastes, …and tbf to them they have grown up into adults. ,.and do just that.these days. :bulb:

2’. What exactly do you hope to achieve by this continuous petulance,.and display of displeasure with the situation.■■

'‘Wow!!..Have you seen the opinions of a few random truck drivers, they ain’t happy,.so I reckon we should take steps to rejoin the EU asap’ .
If you agree that this scenario is highly unlikely,. why not just take the stance pointed out in my last question. :bulb:

Here again?
Telling us to “Shut up and go away” again?

When I discovered that poking my fingers in my own eyes was painful I stopped doing it :bulb:
You don`t like reading this thread? Hmmm what could you possibly do about that, I wonder?

Some of us arent so silly as to believe "Brexit is done" or any other such nonsense. We are out of the EU, and we wont be going back in any time soon, but that does not mean that there is nothing to discuss.
Clearly those who told you lies before, and who are telling you lies today, would like to be left alone to get on with it out of sight.

You don`t like having the lies that fooled you pointed out?
Well, carry on being one of the “people who are fooled all of the time”; rather than become one of the people who learns from mistakes and become one of the “people fooled some of the time”.

Franglais:

robroy:

Here again?
Telling us to “Shut up and go away” again?

When I discovered that poking my fingers in my own eyes was painful I stopped doing it :bulb:
You don`t like reading this thread? Hmmm what could you possibly do about that, I wonder?

Some of us arent so silly as to believe "Brexit is done" or any other such nonsense. We are out of the EU, and we wont be going back in any time soon, but that does not mean that there is nothing to discuss.
Clearly those who told you lies before, and who are telling you lies today, would like to be left alone to get on with it out of sight.

You don`t like having the lies that fooled you pointed out?
Well, carry on being one of the “people who are fooled all of the time”; rather than become one of the people who learns from mistakes and become one of the “people fooled some of the time”.

No,.I’ve went back and read it 3 times, still don’t see where I say ‘‘Shut up and go away’’…good idea though after saying that. :smiley:
Then the usual suggestion to ignore your inane ramblings in order to keep you in full flow :unamused:
We’ve been here before Frangers, …that is not how a forum works, but we all know you prefer an uninterrupted ‘‘soliloquy’’ rather than an opposing view.

’ Some of you aren’t so silly’ you say ’ eh?
I beg to differ,.ok ‘‘silly’’ ain’t the word I’d personally use to sum up you lot, but hey, it’s a start.

There’s a theme here with people like you, illustrated by a number of examples , the general election, Brexit,.Scottish independence,.and the recent vote of confidence.
An initial AGREEMENT is made on BOTH sides,.that a majority vote is the way to decide.
But then because that vote/those votes, do not result in a landslide victory, it then focuses on how large (or small) the majority is/was by those who did not get their own way…as if that is relevant.
News flash…it does not matter a flying ■■■■ if it was ONE single vote that decided the majority, that is the name of the game, that is how a vote works. :bulb:

So yeh, seeing as I’m constantly accused by you of telling you to all shut the ■■■■ up and deal with it, (confident that it speaks for the majority on here however large or small that may be)…can I suggest you shut the ■■■■ up about it…there I’ve said it. :smiley:

I think the only way this thread will die a death, is if all opposing views are stopped, in the hope that you all get sick of the whole bore fest, but judging you on stuff like Covid, it will no doubt perpetuate for another 5 years.

I’ll keep dipping in from time to time in the whole borefest/whingefest anyway,… if only just to carry on irritating you. :smiley:

I read every one of these posts on here as I love a good laugh in the morning. Its comedy gold watching the continual denial of a democratic vote and the foot stomping childish petulance of a few anti democratic posters.

msgyorkie:
I read every one of these posts on here as I love a good laugh in the morning. Its comedy gold watching the continual denial of a democratic vote and the foot stomping childish petulance of a few anti democratic posters.

Another member who regularly posts here about his emotions. Rarely if ever anything about the topic of Brexit, just sharing with us all, his feelings.

There was a vote about us leaving the EU and that has happened. Can`t see anyone denying that?
I can see a lot of us discussing the consequences and ongoing issues associated with that.
Those issues happening in the real world today may be uncomfortable for those who still believe in the lies they were told years ago, but hey-ho! such is life.

Franglais:

msgyorkie:

Another member who regularly posts here about his emotions. Rarely if ever anything about the topic of Brexit, just sharing with us all, his feelings.

There was a vote about us leaving the EU and that has happened. Can`t see anyone denying that?
I can see a lot of us discussing the consequences and ongoing issues associated with that.
Those issues happening in the real world today may be uncomfortable for those who still believe in the lies they were told years ago, but hey-ho! such is life.

‘‘Rarely about the topic of Brexit’’ ? :laughing: …there’s a good reason for that Frangers, not to mention a message being in there somewhere. :bulb:
Anyhow, we leave the subjects of Brexit, Boris,.and the (creme de la ‘menthe’ subject Rodney) , …the dreaded Covid to you,.as you appear to get so much enjoyment from it/them.

They are only ‘‘uncomfortable’’ and ‘‘lies’’ in your opinion mate, I’m really comfortable thanks,.as for lies, you get used to (or most of us do) lies from politicians, it’s the nature of the beast, so rather than go on a vow of petulance, you just get on with it.

Resistance is futile, one party is much like another, and if another party and/or party leader takes charge, it’s a case of (to quote Roger Daltrey) ‘‘Meet the new boss,.same as the old boss’’ :bulb:
So unless you or me have a desire to enter politics, it’s best just to go with the flow, make the best of a bad job, weather the storm, or practice any other cliche that you can think of, whilst looking after numero uno.
It’s what the working classes and the great unwashed have done since time immemorial.
Here’s another cliche for you…''You can’t beat the system.
But you just carry on with the whinge fest regardless, the rest of us will just observe in awe,. amazement,.amusement and entertaimment… :laughing: