Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

the maoster:
I’m extremely competitive by nature and therefore see second place as merely the first loser, so I do therefore understand your angst.

Here is a link for you then: Pyrrhus of Epirus.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrrhic_victory

But lets stick to the issue: you are in no way refuting my point that what you blame the EU for in the UK, is not a problem in some other EU countries.
So, what you complain of cannot be caused by the EU, can it?
So, leaving the EU will not cure that problem, will it?

Brexit briton looks ok to me,when I move about the country I see little of what the BBC and news papers rabbit on about apart from immigration , they stay quiet about it…I see house price explosion…I do not like it but it shows there is confidence ,I see lots of new cars big gas guzzlers and electric ,I see lots of investment all this shows confidence why I do not know .We have the changes since brexit along with covid and now the insane amouts of money and equipment to ukraine (I am dead against) so if you have to do a bit of extra paper work I do not care the eu is a bent mafia and we are well rid.

Franglais:

Oh but it has though. Why can’t you see that? Deliberate denial or wishful thinking?

Last night, as ever, in the central routiers Bourges with French drivers who do UK.
I said that as from September we will have more delay’s with passport controls and to a man (and the lady) they asked what was Brexit for. Like i know!

Can anybody say ? I can’t say blue passports and soverignty as that is bull. All we see from this sharp pointy end is loads more hassle ,queues and paperwork that didn’t exist after the early '90s.

The whole table moaned about the cost of parking and the terrible food however .And to add, diesel theft and curtain slashing. 5 times one man said near Litchfield . (Midlands)

the maoster:

Franglais:

Oh but it has though. Why can’t you see that? Deliberate denial or wishful thinking?

But the problem you describe doesn`t exist in other EU countries does it?

We have had a rise in UK driver wages? YES.

Germany, France, USA, Canada, have also got a shortage of drivers, and pay rises! Did Brexit affect them too?

fuse:
Brexit briton looks ok to me,when I move about the country I see little of what the BBC and news papers rabbit on about apart from immigration , they stay quiet about it…I see house price explosion…I do not like it but it shows there is confidence ,I see lots of new cars big gas guzzlers and electric ,I see lots of investment all this shows confidence why I do not know .We have the changes since brexit along with covid and now the insane amouts of money and equipment to ukraine (I am dead against) so if you have to do a bit of extra paper work I do not care the eu is a bent mafia and we are well rid.

I see a shortage of houses.

And investment?
piie.com/research/piie-char … ter-brexit
Ill have pint of what youre on! Nah, make it a half

Well so much better than having having totally unelected politicians on our Cabinet (Frosty) or having contracts for PPE awarded to buddies of politicos or…

OwenMoney:
Last night, as ever, in the central routiers Bourges with French drivers who do UK.
I said that as from September we will have more delay’s with passport controls and to a man (and the lady) they asked what was Brexit for. Like i know!

Can anybody say ? I can’t say blue passports and soverignty as that is bull. All we see from this sharp pointy end is loads more hassle ,queues and paperwork that didn’t exist after the early '90s.

The whole table moaned about the cost of parking and the terrible food however .And to add, diesel theft and curtain slashing. 5 times one man said near Litchfield . (Midlands)

I wonder if it’s a case of hanging onto an outdated imperialist dogma

So what if some lorry drivers have to carry extra paperwork or are delayed at the border? An inconvenience for a few but for the majority I would say Brexit is a win.
You have only got to look at the shambolic way the Mafia dealt with the covid vaccine rollout to see that brexit was the right thing for the UK to do.
So carry on crying as its still very funny watching you bleat on TNUK.

OwenMoney:
I wonder if it’s a case of hanging onto an outdated imperialist dogma

Living in the past? Surely not!
mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ … t-27090524
(Cue Mr CF telling us how “thous” are better than mm)
Really useful for our school kids isn`t it? Get them to study more about rods, perches and poles; hogsheads and firkins.

For the youthful:
Hogshead: A traditional ■■■ toy, allegedly loved by Eton boys
Firkin: The British Standard unit of excess. e.g. too firkin heavy for this pallet truck, too firkin stupid for words.

msgyorkie:
So what if some lorry drivers have to carry extra paperwork or are delayed at the border? Aninconvenience for a few but for the majority I would say Brexit is a win
You have only got to look at the shambolic way the Mafia dealt with the covid vaccine rollout to see that brexit was the right thing for the UK to do.

An “inconvenience” for a few?
Every tax payer in the UK is paying for extra Gov officials to process those documents.
Every consumer of EU goods in the UK pays for increased import costs. (be in no doubt only a tiny proportion of consumers will have no EU imports)

So, we have a cost that is plain to see. What benefits do you see*?

Covid vaccine rollout? The vaccine was introduced into the UK when we were still in the EU and under EU regs.
So nothing to do with Brexit.**

The Mafia and Covid?
Yep. The greedy and selfish way that a group of pals made excess profits from setting up companies and selling the NHS unfit tat, and the treasury refusing to investigate furlough fraud is Mafia like. Nowt to do with Brexit though.

**“When the MHRA approved the Pfizer/BioNTech coronavirus vaccine for use in the UK on 2 December, the government press release accompanying this announcement made clear that approval was given under regulation 174.”
fullfact.org/health/coronavirus-vaccine-brexit/

msgyorkie:
So what if some lorry drivers have to carry extra paperwork or are delayed at the border? An inconvenience for a few but for the majority I would say Brexit is a win.

Shame, i was hoping for a more sensible and reasonable response.

House shortage yes but most are buying and paying top bucks…= confidence …big smart gas guzzlers and expensive electric cars = confidence …eu = an eu armed forces using french and German equipment…and the ever long gravy train of eu leaders no you can have it…while I am at it none would stand up to russia even with mighty eu armed force .if they were to go it alone without USA they would throw the towel in before russia got over the boarder

Brexit bonus! More money for charities! Well done Kent rate payers.

I see Kent County Council have some extra expenditure. For the next 6mths it`ll be contracting the RE:ACT disaster response charity to provide assistance on Kent roads.
kentonline.co.uk/ashford/ne … nd-267580/

Of course it may all be fiction. If there are no queues in Dover, Kent rate payers will be quite happy to make a donation for no reason at all.

I guess the Brexit bonus will soon mean that max gross weight will change from 44tonnes to 43.3051 Imperial Tons

the maoster:
I’m extremely competitive by nature and therefore see second place as merely the first loser, so I do therefore understand your angst.

Lol,and yet…being a wagon driver,is hardly first place in ‘gods great lottery’ lol

whisperingsmith:
I guess the Brexit bonus will soon mean that max gross weight will change from 44tonnes to 43.3051 Imperial Tons

43.3051 tons? Surely not… Heathen! No decimals are allowed are they?

43 tons, 6 cwt, 0 qtr, 0 st, 1 lb, 6 ozs, 12drams. *

Let`s do away with all the complication of moving the decimal point in favour of sub-divisional units of differing ratios, at the same time as we do away with open borders in favour of more paperwork, documentation, and civil servants.

• open to correction of course.
    Write your explanation in Latin, on vellum, with a swan`s quill, and hand made ink.

At least one of you lot (serial whingers) has had the courage of his convictions at not being able to accept not getting his own way…
The famous (or not) top British artist sculptor,.the guy who designed and created The Angel of The North at Newcastle Sir Anthony Gormley has gave up his British passport and is now a German citizen…
What a devastating loss to ourccountry eh? :unamused: …not. :bulb:
He says he’s ‘‘about to design more ‘works of srt’ reflecting the ‘‘Embarrassment of Brexit’’…what a ■■■■■■. :laughing:
Shut the door on yer way out and Auf wiederseen pet. (roughly translated as ’ ■■■■ right off, nobody cares’’.)
Maybe some of the more vocal on this subject on here would care to join him??

Probably wasn’t too much of a decision for him, his mother was a German citizen.
Wonder if he still retains all the publicity rights etc. to the Angel ■■

Tyneside

Farage has German citizenship and passport
No loss of free movement for him.
Something now denied to British passport holders.

Who cares about freedom of movement, when we’re still paying through the nose for EU imported food in overpriced Euros when there is a mountain of the stuff, so should be flogged off at a discount, rather than left in warehouses to be plundered by Putin?