Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

robroy:

Franglais:
Oh, no!
Now we are going to have loads and loads of posts telling us of all the Brexit benefits we now enjoy…

No we ain’t Franglais, because most of us accepted the democratic vote God knows how many [zb] years ago it was now,…it’s only people like yourself endlessly droning on about it (yawn [zb] yawn :unamused: ) who refuse to get over it and move the [zb] on ! :bulb:

Gosh.
If I dont want to listen to you drone and drone on about footie, guess what? I dont follow the footie threads! :bulb:

Another thought:
If I start out down a road that I think is the best route, but it later seems to be a bad choice, I do think again.
I don`t just assert that my initial choice must always be the best one.

But I do like to give a positive slant, so I agree with you on this point:
there ain`t gonna be loads and loads of “Brexit benefit” posts…

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:
Oh, no!
Now we are going to have loads and loads of posts telling us of all the Brexit benefits we now enjoy…

No we ain’t Franglais, because most of us accepted the democratic vote God knows how many [zb] years ago it was now,…it’s only people like yourself endlessly droning on about it (yawn [zb] yawn :unamused: ) who refuse to get over it and move the [zb] on ! :bulb:

Gosh.
If I dont want to listen to you drone and drone on about footie, guess what? I dont follow the footie threads! :bulb:

Another thought:
If I start out down a road that I think is the best route, but it later seems to be a bad choice, I do think again.
I don`t just assert that my initial choice must always be the best one.

But I do like to give a positive slant, so I agree with you on this point:
there ain`t gonna be loads and loads of “Brexit benefit” posts…

Not the football analogy again ffs. :unamused:
Difference is football to me is a kind of hobby, if moaning and belly aching about a far distant lost cause is your hobby,.I d be having a word with myself if I was you mate tbh. : :neutral_face:
At least your obsession with Covid was actually current at the time.

You really ought to broaden your horizons, get out more, or both. :smiley:

robroy:
Not the football analogy again ffs.
Difference is football to me is a kind of hobby, if moaning and belly aching about a far distant lost cause is your hobby,.I d be having a word with myself if I was you mate tbh. :

I drew no analogies between Brexit and footie. I gave two examples of different threads topics and how we can choose to respond to them.

How on earth are Footie and Brexit similar?
One is a topic where claims about future performance are made, then, when all is shown to be lies and exaggeration, the fans still blindly support their own side. Doesn`t matter how crap the outcome, they still shout about it being great.
The other one is football.

OwenMoney:
EU membership vs lost trade: Forget extra NHS cash, Brexit costs Britain £173m every week, or £1m per hour - CityAM

The truth increasingly seems that quitting the European Union means there is £173m a week less to spend on the NHS, according to calculations based on recent ONS and UK Government data.

Weighing up the cost of EU membership versus lost EU exports since Brexit, Brexit has cost the UK £9bn a year, or around £173m a week, about £25m per day, or just over £1m every single hour.

Did any of you read the article before re-starting your love fest ?

Franglais:

robroy:
Not the football analogy again ffs.
Difference is football to me is a kind of hobby, if moaning and belly aching about a far distant lost cause is your hobby,.I d be having a word with myself if I was you mate tbh. :

I drew no analogies between Brexit and footie. I gave two examples of different threads topics and how we can choose to respond to them.

How on earth are Footie and Brexit similar?
One is a topic where claims about future performance are made, then, when all is shown to be lies and exaggeration, the fans still blindly support their own side. Doesn`t matter how crap the outcome, they still shout about it being great.
The other one is football.

I see what you did there…very clever. :laughing:
However the joke is spoiled by your usual apparent bitterness of not getting your own way vibe coming out …yet again.

OwenMoney:

OwenMoney:
EU membership vs lost trade: Forget extra NHS cash, Brexit costs Britain £173m every week, or £1m per hour - CityAM

The truth increasingly seems that quitting the European Union means there is £173m a week less to spend on the NHS, according to calculations based on recent ONS and UK Government data.

Weighing up the cost of EU membership versus lost EU exports since Brexit, Brexit has cost the UK £9bn a year, or around £173m a week, about £25m per day, or just over £1m every single hour.

I was most interested in Rees-Mogg`s contribution. Especially in light of his previous comments that implementing the Brexit deal he supported being against the National interest.
As a reminder.
huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ … c90f3daff0

Look on the bright side Franglais.

We only have Brexit on Exports, Brexit on Imports has once again been postponed.

So so far Europe 1 - Gammonia 0 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OwenMoney:

OwenMoney:

Could say, a 4b profit considering membership is 13b a year. To pay for countries who are negative contributors to the EU, you’re so in love with the EU you, had the chance to up and leave… but no, sit and whine about it.

yourhavingalarf:

Franglais:
Oh, no!

How is that…

Different to you making loads and loads of posts telling us of all the Brexit disavantages?

It’s not, but some people think whining like a little child 6 years after the event will make a difference rather than just get over it and move on. :unamused: :unamused:

discoman:

OwenMoney:

OwenMoney:

Could say, a 4b profit considering membership is 13b a year. To pay for countries who are negative contributors to the EU, you’re so in love with the EU you, had the chance to up and leave… but no, sit and whine about it.

Says the man who is so in love with the UK, that he moved to the other side of the world., but still argues about something that does not concern him anymore.

May god save the DUP

OwenMoney:
May god save the DUP

Why would She?
SHe didn`t save the dinosaurs…
…oohh…

Edit
To (try to) get myself out the stone age

God is a female ? The Taliban and the DUP will not be happy .( nor the Republican party in the USA )

Brexit to be reclassified as a religion after no evidence found of benefits, with followers having to survive on faith alone.

https://bit.ly/38LdfSu

Disaster relief charity called in over post-Brexit lorry port queues.

RE:ACT Disaster Response also works in war-torn Afghanistan and Ukraine – but has now signed a deal with Kent County Council as it struggles with gridlock at the Port of Dover.

A statement announcing the deal reads: “Kent County Council has long accepted that it has a duty to provide humanitarian assistance to those in need.”

Well said, Ervina…best argument for Brexit I`ve seen in ages…

It`s been reported

whisperingsmith:
Brexit to be reclassified as a religion after no evidence found of benefits, with followers having to survive on faith alone.

Six years on and still the tears keep coming.

You lost. Get over it.

Harry Monk:

whisperingsmith:

Six years on and still the tears keep coming.

You lost. Get over it.

Aye.
And generally speaking the Brexiteers, who won the vote, have been very quiet and modest about the vast gains that have been made since our exit…
One might almost say…silent…
Even Rees-Mogg the current Minister For Unicorns, has only said that, the UK following the agreed Brexit deal would be “an act of self harm” …just the once…
Wonder where he is now?

King Pyrrhus of Epirus will be shaking his head somewhere.

Franglais:
And generally speaking the Brexiteers, who won the vote, have been very quiet and modest about the vast gains that have been made since our exit…

The reversal of 15 years of wage stagnation and the biggest increase in wages that I’ve seen in 36 years of doing the job was nice.

I’m sure that if you drove a truck for a living you’d feel the same.

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

The reversal of 15 years of wage stagnation and the biggest increase in wages that I’ve seen in 36 years of doing the job was nice.

I’m sure that if you drove a truck for a living you’d feel the same.

Indeed, and the fact that we haven’t gone to hell in a handcart when we merely voted to leave as all the Europhiles predicted, and getting it done hasn’t had their desired outcome, far from it. Little Britain? It’s more like little Europe now.