Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

I really don’t get the idoits that say brexit has caused the driver shortage, supply shortage and everything else from it getting dark at night to the tide going out. Brexit was not solely to blame. Covid has had a massive impact due to a lot of work places closing due to getting more in furlough, due to workers heading home with family instead of being locked down away from home, the rha making up a fake crisis, whole sale gas shooting up making co2 production stand still.

If your going to point the finger look at everything and not your selected facts. Brexit happend, accept it. You don’t need to like it but we live in a democratic society and the majority spoke and now they have to move on.

Monkey241:

JeffA:
Its not boring if someone disagrees with you. And all the silly “we won we were right yah boo ■■■■■” sounds like a bunch of fat nazis in the 30s.

No one has any idea what effect brexit will have.

No one has any idea about effects…yet later in the thread you’re predicting rationing and shortages for 20 years?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

True. The shortages and rationing may vanish tomorrow.

Nearly there again:
I really don’t get the idoits that say brexit has caused the driver shortage.

It doesn’t seem to stop them though…… stupid Brexit.

the maoster:

Nearly there again:

So Brexit is NOT the reason for the driver shortage?

Unless you think that it’s knock on is affecting the USA too?

the maoster:

Nearly there again:

Oi maoster, clear off and get your own catchphrase

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:
Unless you think that it’s knock on is affecting the USA too?

And the current pay hike is due to?

Franglais:

the maoster:

Nearly there again:

No brexit is not to blame. Europe is having a driver shortage also aswell as America, unless I missed something isn’t in Europe

IMHO Brexit is affecting the current driver shortage, but it certainly isn’t the only, and maybe not the main, cause.
If we believe pay rises are due to driver shortages? The supply/demand relationship often cited.
Driver shortages are not due to Brexit. (Although Brexit is exaggerating them in the UK).
So Brexit is not the cause of pay increases.
Just for RobRoy…
youtu.be/gUXB_jLiT3A

Franglais:
IMHO Brexit is affecting the current driver shortage, but it certainly isn’t the only, and maybe not the main, cause.
If we believe pay rises are due to driver shortages? The supply/demand relationship often cited.
Driver shortages are not due to Brexit. (Although Brexit is exaggerating them in the UK).
Just for RobRoy…
youtu.be/gUXB_jLiT3A

The 3 families who lived in my road all went home because they didn’t feel welcome after brexit , that was there words , no mention of anything else
I hope the same people who booted all these ee families out of this country won’t have the nerve to travel abroad and accept there hospitality!!!, I won’t hold my breath though
It’s always everyone’s / everything’s fault other than brexit

I never said that Brexit was the cause of the pay increases; the cause is the same as when anything increases in price rapidly…. supply and demand.

Whether or not these increases would have happened without Brexit is a debate for another day. Just to throw a curveball in I reckon a good argument could be made that if Brexit had happened twenty years ago then Poland, Ukraine, Romania etc would not now be suffering from driver shortages as they’d have never left in the first place.

the maoster:
I never said that Brexit was the cause of the pay increases; the cause is the same as when anything increases in price rapidly…. supply and demand.

Whether or not these increases would have happened without Brexit is a debate for another day. Just to throw a curveball in I reckon a good argument could be made that if Brexit had happened twenty years ago then Poland, Ukraine, Romania etc would not now be suffering from driver shortages as they’d have never left in the first place.

You, never did say Brexit was the reason for pay rises, I fully acknowledge that, although many others have.

Franglais:

the maoster:

Nearly there again:

If you suppose it is… give me the figures

I was actually asking for the view of Maoster. The “?” was a clue.
However
fullfact.org/economy/fuel-shortage-hgv-drivers/
And “an Exodus”? might be a tad too strong,
ft.com/content/4d6b3be1-627 … da326cabdc
There is a lack of good up to date figures. But that doesn’t mean it is not a real problem, and we need to work with the info we have, rather than deny it because of less than perfect data.
(See, I didn’t tell you to “to go and look on Google” tempting though it was)[emoji3]

Franglais:
I was actually asking for the view of Maoster. The “?” was a clue.
However
fullfact.org/economy/fuel-shortage-hgv-drivers/
And “an Exodus”? might be a tad too strong,
ft.com/content/4d6b3be1-627 … da326cabdc
There is a lack of good up to date figures. But that doesn’t mean it is not a real problem, and we need to work with the info we have, rather than deny it because of less than perfect data.
(See, I didn’t tell you to “to go and look on Google” tempting though it was)[emoji3]

Sorry you’re still struggling with Google. What you needed to look at was already in my comment.

I note the lack of figures in your answer.
Possibly largely because you’re unable to come up with anything better than a vague estimate. The issue is you’ll inflate the number who have supposedly left the UK whilst ignoring any other fact.

dozy:

Franglais:
Just for RobRoy…
youtu.be/gUXB_jLiT3A

The 3 families who lived in my road all went home because they didn’t feel welcome after brexit , that was there words , no mention of anything else
I hope the same people who booted all these ee families out of this country won’t have the nerve to travel abroad and accept there hospitality!!!, I won’t hold my breath though
It’s always everyone’s / everything’s fault other than brexit

So to confirm these people gave up their entire life here and went elsewhere because the uk had a democratic vote and the result was something they didn’t like. Nonsense the families you speak of had intentions of staying here full time if that’s what happend. They where economic migrants

^^

You sound confident you know about these things, how many EE have you known?

Economic migrants?
“Ten Pound Poms”, Irish Navvies, other Brits going to Canada and NZ, to better themselves. Better weather may be a part of it but I’ll bet bet none went to be worse off financially.

Franglais:
Economic migrants?
“Ten Pound Poms”, Irish Navvies, other Brits going to Canada and NZ, to better themselves. Better weather may be a part of it but I’ll bet bet none went to be worse off financially.

Drivers to the Netherlands, brickies to Germany…ex-villans to Spain :grimacing: