Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

I don’t think remainers blame the shortage of Drivers on Brexit, BUT they do blame the Gov’t that has been in power for the last Ten Years or more and have made Brexit their Election Cry - So it is difficult to separate Tory Failures & Brexit Failures, they just all roll into one.

whisperingsmith:
I don’t think remainers blame the shortage of Drivers on Brexit, BUT they do blame the Gov’t that has been in power for the last Ten Years or more and have made Brexit their Election Cry - So it is difficult to separate Tory Failures & Brexit Failures, they just all roll into one.

There does seem some confusion around this doesn’t there?
Brexit is good because the UK driver shortage is caused by Brexit, thus giving us pay increases.
But at the same time, Brexit isn’t to blame for any problems, so can’t have been the cause of driver shortages.
The UK membership of the EU was to blame for all UK haulage problems about pay conditions etc. So now we’re out all will be good.
Other EU countries however, have better driver pay and conditions because…uummmm…?

whisperingsmith:

When attempting to seperate Tory failures from Labour fails - it is also about the cost in lives as well as taxpayer wasted cash, don’t forget…

The Tories could have blundered recently in Afghanistan, where orders were given to “try and carry on alone” to our military out there, and now coming home… THAT “blunder” didn’t happen, as we followed suit with Biden’s America, and let Biden carry the can for the cost in Civilian lives that his daft stance took… Even then - notice how Biden supporters argued on Biden’s behalf that “He was only following through on a TRUMP policy already in the pipeline…” WTF? - I’ve heard some corkers in my life when it comes to pointing the finger of blame - but telling people you are deliberately acting on the policies of a predecessor that you told everyone to despise based on lies - That takes the biscuit!

Labour Could have blundered under Blair or Brown by letting the Falklands go as being “Too expensive an enterprise to be worth doing”… (Sending a fresh task force down there, the moment Argentina got a whiff of weakness from the Labour government of the day…)

Essentially, “worse things are often ducked” and we end up with a “bad thing happening” that is only around 6 or 7 on the political Earthquake scale, rather than a 9 or 10…

Imagine (alternative timeline) if President Hilary got the UK to go to war in East Ukraine to “Liberate Kiev’s Ukraine from the manifest prescence of Putin’s Troops, that shot down MH17 for no apparent reason dontchya know…”

We’d end up with Mushrooms for Breakfast the very next day, most likely!

or… Gordon Brown decided to be less prudent, and borrow so much extra cash from China that entire swathes of the UK end up in CCP hands, with the roll-out of any socially engineered practices such as “Social Scoring” are imposed as part of the payback deal to keep interest rates on all that debt - low…

Historians might argue one day that Brexit, painful for Remainers as it is - was less bad than Remaining with the uprise of the Far Right that such an alternative timeline outcome would have brought about…

Whilst we live through “interesting times” - try to step back and remember things could be a whole lot worse then, rather than “better under the opposition’s version of life in Blighty to come”…

Do ANY of the Westminster Parties - actually have a real vision for the future of the UK any longer?

We hear tales of “Cannot cancel the foreign aid budget, because it would reduce Britain’s prescence in the world”… Yeh right. THAT kind of “Prescence” (Financial whipping boy to the third world) - we could do without!

Then there’s May’s unannounced policies of rubbishing relations with Russia, and trashing our own power stations - leaving us having to pay through the nose for imported power, just when all the wind farms have faceplanted following a prolonged period of becalmed weather of late…

…And of course over a million people from that have perished, lost their very lives - thanks to the policies of Blair in Iraq, or Cameron in Libya, or even EVERY Western Leader with their response to the ISIS threat… “Send 'em over here - the drawbridge is down!” seemed a common policy of ALL mainstream parties - didn’t it?

…What could possibly go wrong Next? :frowning:

msgyorkie:

JeffA:
Think about it. Why would a rich boss like Tim Weatherspoon want Brexit - he doesn’t care about migration he’s employing most of them - so what else is he expecting to happen? Can you see what it is yet?

Proposals include an end to the 48-hour maximum working week, changes to rules about breaks at work, and removing overtime pay when calculating certain holiday pay entitlements, the Financial Times said.
Another proposal would be to get rid of the current requirement for businesses to log information about daily working hours, to save on administration costs.
The package is being drawn up within the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, the newspaper said, and while it has not been put to other ministers, the department has consulted some business leaders.
Construction work
Brexit deal threatens UK labour and climate standards, thinktank warns
Read more
Such a move would prompt fierce opposition from unions and from Labour, with Boris Johnson’s government having pledged that the ability to diverge from EU rules post-Brexit would not involve watering down employment rights.
But Kwasi Kwarteng, the business secretary – who took the job last week after his predecessor, Alok Sharma, was given a full-time role leading preparations for the Cop26 climate conference in Glasgow in November – rejected the claims.
“We are not going to lower the standards of workers’ rights,” he tweeted. “The UK has one of the best workers’ rights records in the world – going further than the EU in many areas. We want to protect and enhance workers’ rights going forward, not row back on them.”

theguardian.com/politics/20 … ost-brexit

But you have just included the paragraph …“We are not going to lower the standards of workers’ rights,” he tweeted. “The UK has one of the best workers’ rights records in the world – going further than the EU in many areas. We want to protect and enhance workers’ rights going forward, not row back on them.”
Just because some journalist in a far left anti brexit rag reckons there will be a bonfire of worker rights doesnt make it true. Im a Union man and I havent seen any retraction of my working rights!

Not some journalist - the Dept of business. Read it again.

Oh right - just cos a tory denied it you instantly believe him? Remember last week when they denied they would be giving visas to ee drivers?

Another benefit of Brexit.
Lowering food standards, introducing GMO food to be grown in this country, as we no longer need to follow strict EU food regulations.
I remember, a few years ago, when the free trade deal talks between the US and the EU collapsed, one of the reasons for the collapse in talks was that the US didn’t want to bring back their food standards up to the EU level

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … esses.html

Don’t you worry, the Brexit government will find a way to put a positive spin on this story, trying to convince us all how good it’s going to be for us and the country

hkloss1:
Lowering food standards, introducing GMO food to be grown in this country, as we no longer need to follow strict EU food regulations.
I remember, a few years ago, when the free trade deal talks between the US and the EU collapsed, one of the reasons for the collapse in talks was that the US didn’t want to bring back their food standards up to the EU level

Don’t you worry, the Brexit government will find a way to put a positive spin on this story, trying to convince us all how good it’s going to be for us and the country

So the development of drought resistant crops or seeds that require no pesticides are a bad thing the majority of crops grown have been modified at some point to make them more efficient, the modification of certain seeds will create greater yields with less chemical input surely a good thing or is it that because the EU says it’s bad it must be never mind what the scientists say

We don’t need Brexit government officials to put a positive spin on this story, we have Brexit taliban on this forum to do their work for them, while the country is falling apart.
Are you Mazzer relying on an advice and opinion of the scientists who’s life depends on introduction of GMO foods to our lives.
I watch, from time to time a few different doctors on YT , and none of them ever said GMO is good for us, but on the contrary they all advise on staying away from GMO foods, and trying to always buy organic foods.
Organic foods can not contain GMO foods, even in the US, USDA wouldn’t approve it, but food for commoners , no problem, could be GMO food.
So, are you saying I should trust more in what all these privately employed scientists say, rather than what EUs official body says?

If GMO was such a good idea and a no brainer for us to consume, why hadn’t we lobbied the EU, before we left, to introduce GMO to our diets, together with chlorinated chicken?
I also can’t remember, any Brexiter listing introduction of GMO foods as a clear benefit of us leaving the EU.

Your reply implies it is a very clear benefit, and I am surprised the Brexit camp have never mentioned it in the past.

hkloss1:
We don’t need Brexit government officials to put a positive spin on this story, we have Brexit taliban on this forum to do their work for them, while the country is falling apart.
Are you Mazzer relying on an advice and opinion of the scientists who’s life depends on introduction of GMO foods to our lives.
I watch, from time to time a few different doctors on YT , and none of them ever said GMO is good for us, but on the contrary they all advise on staying away from GMO foods, and trying to always buy organic foods.
Organic foods can not contain GMO foods, even in the US, USDA wouldn’t approve it, but food for commoners , no problem, could be GMO food.
So, are you saying I should trust more in what all these privately employed scientists say, rather than what EUs official body says?

If GMO was such a good idea and a no brainer for us to consume, why hadn’t we lobbied the EU, before we left, to introduce GMO to our diets, together with chlorinated chicken?
I can’t ever remember the UK government protesting against abandoning trade negotiations with the US, only because the EU and us didn’t want to accept lower US food standards.
I also can’t remember, any Brexiter listing introduction of GMO foods as a clear benefit of us leaving the EU.

Your reply implies it is a very clear benefit, and I am surprised the Brexit camp have never mentioned it in the past.

The UK was one of the few EU countries to want GM foods and carry out trials so the UK has been looking into this for a long time hardly a reason for Brexit but now we are out we can conduct our own trials and see what the benefits are but if you believe that there are no GM foods in the food chain now then you are mistaken.
Nice to see that you still can’t conduct a conversation without insults YT scientists are hardly independant but from what you are saying is that your mind is made up because the EU says so has it not occured to you that there are people lobbying the EU who don’t want GM foods all arguements will have lobbyists for and against.
Nice to see you trot out the chlorinated chicken arguement it is proven that chlorinated chicken is not bad for you it is the conditions the chickens are kept in that is the problem hardly relevant to the GM arguement ooh look at the horrific conditions those seeds are being kept in.

hkloss1:

Are you sure it’s GMO and not gene editing two different things oh the irony a remainer falling for a scaremongering headline in the Daily Mail

Look brexit gave us chlorinated chicken. What more do the remoaners want?

JeffA:
Look brexit gave us chlorinated chicken. What more do the remoaners want?

Did you used to be called UKtramp ?

20 mins to get out of strensham Svrs north , now got a bloke directing traffic as bloody great que for lorry pumps , cars trying to get out , lorries trying to get passed the qued lorries , 15.0o apx , can’t be brexits fault it’s that bloke directing the traffics fault !!!
And apparently we need to give it 5/10 yrs for things to improve , can’t wait

Franglais:

whisperingsmith:

There does seem some confusion around this doesn’t there?
Brexit is good because the UK driver shortage is caused by Brexit, thus giving us pay increases.
But at the same time, Brexit isn’t to blame for any problems, so can’t have been the cause of driver shortages.
The UK membership of the EU was to blame for all UK haulage problems about pay conditions etc. So now we’re out all will be good.
Other EU countries however, have better driver pay and conditions because…uummmm…?

Yes we’re told the ee drivers going back has improved pay as they worked for nothing , then in the next sentence they won’t come back as there now paid as much in there eu countries , makes you wonder why these countries are paying the same wages as here as apparently these drivers will , did apparently work for peanuts here , go figure

Brexit bloke blaming Anna soubry for the shortage of drivers not brexit , apparently he told her to train more up when she was a minister
As Anna said we had no need , we had all the drivers we needed , we’d have them now if you hadn’t voted for brexit , ending of fom
Anna 1 , brexit idiot 0

dozy:
Brexit bloke blaming Anna soubry for the shortage of drivers not brexit , apparently he told her to train more up when she was a minister
As Anna said we had no need , we had all the drivers we needed , we’d have them now if you hadn’t voted for brexit , ending of fom
Anna 1 , brexit idiot 0

Only if you don’t deal in facts

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

[/quote]
Only if you don’t deal in facts
[/quote]
Definition of a Brexiteer.

How can it be Brexits fault when 12,000 EE went back and 55,000 british drivers retired? Surely the retiring is the bigger issue.

JeffA:
How can it be Brexits fault when 12,000 EE went back and 55,000 british drivers retired? Surely the retiring is the bigger issue.

Because it’s easier for the RHA,FTA, BRC and any other alphabet soup organisation involved in logistics to blame Brexit than to look at themselves and realise that the behaviour of their members is a major factor in driving being an unappealing career for people of any nationality

I think we can all agree with the Govt and BBC news:- that Brexit is not at all responsible for our Brexit problems

There is absolutely no way that the Brexit problems we are all facing have anything to do with Brexit.

Those that think Brexit is responsible for our ■■■■■■■■ problems are righty called out as Traitors.

Although we could all say that ‘Herr Unteroffizier Nigel Farage, zee Käse essende Kapitulationsaffen’ should be deported back to his newly adopted home country of Germany