Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

pierrot 14:

robroy:
This thread has given me a brilliant idea. :sunglasses:
If/when England get kicked out of Euro 2020, I’m planning to start a 10 page thread whinging on and sending links on why we should have won it,.where we went wrong, and who was to blame. :bulb:
I’m confident that when UEFA read on Trucknet how a load of truck drivers are so unhappy with the results, that they will have a full replay of the whole competition. :bulb:

:laughing: :laughing:

^^^^^^
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I presume you meant knocked out and not kicked out Rob

But I’m with you on this one. Southgate is definitely selling you a lie :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Here’s a link to all the non believers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

premierleague.com/VAR

pierrot 14:

robroy:
If/when England get kicked out of Euro 2020, I’m planning to start a 10 page thread whinging on and sending links on why we should have won it,.where we went wrong, and who was to blame. :bulb:
I’m confident that when UEFA read on Trucknet how a load of truck drivers are so unhappy with the results, that they will have a full replay of the whole competition. :bulb:

^^^^^^

But I’m with you on this one. Southgate is definitely selling you a lie :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

LOL
Southgate has promised me a land of milk and honey. He claimed that when he lifts the trophy the clock will be turned back to 1966.
But there are some people on cmonengland.com/forum claiming that the foreigners will take the ball away for 30 minutes of the game because of some strange rule?
They also claim that should we win the tournament the other nations will no longer play with us??
On that forum there is also some weird bloke that trawls through websites and posts links that show Southgate will not deliver on the promise because some far left wing journalist said so.
Help im so confused?

msgyorkie:

pierrot 14:

robroy:

[emoji38] [emoji38]

^^^^^^
[emoji38] [emoji38] [emoji38]

LOL
Southgate has promised me a land of milk and honey. He claimed that when he lifts the trophy the clock will be turned back to 1966.
But there are some people on cmonengland.com/forum claiming that the foreigners will take the ball away for 30 minutes of the game because of some strange rule?
They also claim that should we win the tournament the other nations will no longer play with us??
On that forum there is also some weird bloke that trawls through websites and posts links that show Southgate will not deliver on the promise because some far left wing journalist said so.
Help im so confused?

[emoji3]
Doubtless you will continue supporting our National team, through it all. Quite right too.
Does that mean you’ll also be betting your wage packet on a win? Does that mean you won’t criticise the manager?

msgyorkie:

pierrot 14:

robroy:

^^^^^^

LOL
Help im so confused?

Yeh I’ve seen that football forum myself, but there are two of these guys.
They come across as having loyalties towards the European sides rather than being pro England.
A guy who is presumably half Francais and the other half Anglais,.and a very strange :open_mouth: and totally obsessive little German guy (possibly of Austrian origin by his style of delivery on that forum) called Herr.Kloss… :wink: :laughing:

robroy:

msgyorkie:

pierrot 14:

robroy:

^^^^^^

LOL
Help im so confused?

Yeh I’ve seen that football forum myself, but there are two of these guys.
They come across as having loyalties towards the European sides rather than being pro England.
A guy who is presumably half Francais and the other half Anglais,.and a very strange :open_mouth: and totally obsessive little German guy (possibly of Austrian origin by his style of delivery on that forum) called Herr.Kloss… :wink: :laughing:

Hahaha… Herr Kloss?? More like Hair Flick!

Not sure if anybody listened to BBC4 radio this morning.
Now New Zealand wants the same deal , as Australia got, mostly for their dairy products, you know the one that is 6 times better for Australia than for the UK.
Apparently other countries are going to be demanding the same kind of deal that Australia got, as the precedent has been set.
Liz Truss was invited to the show, but refused ( did not reply to the invitation, to be precise).

…and now, companies want to be involved in signing trade deals, as this Brexit government can’t be trusted

The business community are increasingly unimpressed with the government’s handling of post-brexit trade agreements and want more involvement. A cross party group of MPs has also said the same thing. But the government don’t seem interested in trade deals for the purposes of trade, so it is unlikely that they would want to involve anyone else.

youtube.com/watch?v=_DIoiZ4rMMk

Who Is the UK’s biggest trade partner?
I’ll give you a clue…It isn’t the other side of the world…It isn’t on the Pacific Ocean rim…
Who is conducting negotiations with the EU?
(■■■■ I gave the answer away)
A certain Lord Frost. A Government Minister.
Voted in by?
Answerable to?
But at least he isn’t called a Commissioner, so it must be OK… ?
"Lord Frost: “The basic problem [with the protocol] is that the chilling effect on goods moving from Great Britain to Northern Ireland is pretty strong. Until we began implementing the protocol nobody could quite know that.” (1)
But when later challenged by the committee, who pointed out that experts did predict these problems, he replied:
Lord Frost: “I’m not saying that nobody suggested the such thing could happen. I think what we’ve seen, though, is that the effects has been pretty marked”
Lifted from Reddit.
So, our genius non elected minister, says before Parliament, that effects of the NI Protocol
Couldn’t be foreseen.
We’re foreseen by experts.
Is having a strong effect.
And they haven’t even been fully implemented yet!
Johnson’s “oven ready deal” is still running around the farm yard…
Being a bore, I’ll repeat a story:
A divorced Dad promises his daughter a birthday treat. A day by the seaside!
Great we all say!
It’ll be a lovely sunny day. We’ll have all your friends along in a minibus I’ll hire. Swimming. Coke. Burgers and chips. The fairground will be open and Dad will pay for all the rides for all of you.
Brilliant.!
The day gets nearer.
It arrives.
Dad arrives in an old car. He’d been refused a hire car. So daughter leaves half a dozen of her mates behind.
But never mind it’s her birthday treat.
On the way to the beach, the clouds roll in. It chills down and starts to rain.
Daughter is feeling a bit fed up.
“Hey Dad, what about a burger?”
“Sorry love, your Mum says you’re not allowed”.
But, hey ho, we’re off to the beach.
As they arrive the heavens open and a thunderstorm starts. At the beach they are tho only ones…apart that is, from a life guard sitting under an umbrella by a red flag, who tells them swimming is far too dangerous today.
Looking around, they see the fairground packing up to move out.
They go back to the old car…Daughter is sobbing.
“What’s up?” Asks Dad.
“I promised you a day at the beach for a treat, and here we are!”
“Happy Bre… Birthday”

[quote="msgyorkie"Hahaha… Herr Kloss?? More like Hair Flick![/quote]

Are you sure it’s not ‘Herr Schnell Tragen’ ■■

Looks like I have become somebody very important in Brexitard’s lives.
They spend considerable amounts of their life time trying to research my nickname all over the Internet trying to come up with something that could cheer them up a little, while the country is being given away by their leaders.
If they could only have spent as much time on researching Brexit consequences before voting, the country would not have been in such a mess, it is now.

Here is a Brexit good news story…from The Graudian too!
theguardian.com/world/2021/ … -that-much
Read the Telegaph and Mail etc, and you might believe their lies about how the EU is on the brink of collapse. But those stories are as accurate as those stories about £350m a week coming back to the NHS, or Turkey joining soon, easy no cost negotiations, they need us more, etc etc.

hkloss1:
They spend considerable amounts of their life time trying to research my nickname all over the Internet trying to come up with something that could cheer them up a little, while the country is being given away by their leaders.
If they could only have spent as much time on researching Brexit consequences before voting, the country would not have been in such a mess, it is now.

I think looking at some of the posts on this page alone, the penny is finally dropping that maybe it wasn’t all upsides and positives…

If only someone had mentioned it before. :unamused:

hkloss1:
Looks like I have become somebody very important

A different video
DW.
Deutsche Welle, German state owned tv documentary. About half an hour.
youtu.be/hYeS0xtCB1c
Lots of lorries!

milodon:

Noremac:
The UK held a referendum. The UK left the EU because it was the will of the people, for good or bad. We have to all make the best of it and nobody said there wouldn’t be hard yards in the process.

If people voted based on blatant lies, it is something everyone should be worried about. Taking it on all fours means it will only get worse for democracy.

What were the blatant lies that resulted in my vote?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Who Is the UK’s biggest trade partner?
I’ll give you a clue…It isn’t the other side of the world…It isn’t on the Pacific Ocean rim…
Who is conducting negotiations with the EU?
(■■■■ I gave the answer away)
A certain Lord Frost. A Government Minister.
Voted in by?
Answerable to?
But at least he isn’t called a Commissioner, so it must be OK… ?
"Lord Frost: “The basic problem [with the protocol] is that the chilling effect on goods moving from Great Britain to Northern Ireland is pretty strong. Until we began implementing the protocol nobody could quite know that.” (1)
But when later challenged by the committee, who pointed out that experts did predict these problems, he replied:
Lord Frost: “I’m not saying that nobody suggested the such thing could happen. I think what we’ve seen, though, is that the effects has been pretty marked”
Lifted from Reddit.
So, our genius non elected minister, says before Parliament, that effects of the NI Protocol
Couldn’t be foreseen.
We’re foreseen by experts.
Is having a strong effect.
And they haven’t even been fully implemented yet!
Johnson’s “oven ready deal” is still running around the farm yard…
Being a bore, I’ll repeat a story:
A divorced Dad promises his daughter a birthday treat. A day by the seaside!
Great we all say!
It’ll be a lovely sunny day. We’ll have all your friends along in a minibus I’ll hire. Swimming. Coke. Burgers and chips. The fairground will be open and Dad will pay for all the rides for all of you.
Brilliant.!
The day gets nearer.
It arrives.
Dad arrives in an old car. He’d been refused a hire car. So daughter leaves half a dozen of her mates behind.
But never mind it’s her birthday treat.
On the way to the beach, the clouds roll in. It chills down and starts to rain.
Daughter is feeling a bit fed up.
“Hey Dad, what about a burger?”
“Sorry love, your Mum says you’re not allowed”.
But, hey ho, we’re off to the beach.
As they arrive the heavens open and a thunderstorm starts. At the beach they are tho only ones…apart that is, from a life guard sitting under an umbrella by a red flag, who tells them swimming is far too dangerous today.
Looking around, they see the fairground packing up to move out.
They go back to the old car…Daughter is sobbing.
“What’s up?” Asks Dad.
“I promised you a day at the beach for a treat, and here we are!”
“Happy Bre… Birthday”

You think we should vote for trade negotiators now?

Difference between him and a commissioner is he was employed by people we voted for.

hkloss1:

You grossly overestimate your importance methinks. Ambivalent would best describe my feelings. Flourish, fail, live or die. Whatever you do makes no difference to me.

I do apologise though on picking you up on your spelling. That was unfair of me and I just wish I could write as well in a language that isn’t my mother tongue as you do. Well done.

Darkside:

hkloss1:

I think looking at some of the posts on this page alone, the penny is finally dropping that maybe it wasn’t all upsides and positives…

If only someone had mentioned it before. :unamused:

Research was precisely what caused my leave vote.

Prior to the referendum I just accepted the EU as we’d been members most of my life.

The wider I read the more the desire to get out grew.

@Monkey241 “Brexit is a complete disaster and is going to be getting worst by the day, month, year, decade”

King’s College London economics professor Jonathan Portes shares your views too, Portes said "Brexit would give Britain’s economy a “slow puncture”, with a “significant but not catastrophic, persistent drag on growth of a quarter-to-half percent a year for the foreseeable future”. :open_mouth: euractiv.com/section/uk-eur … ic-hit-uk/

lancpudn:
@Monkey241 “Brexit is a complete disaster and is going to be getting worst by the day, month, year, decade”

King’s College London economics professor Jonathan Portes shares your views too, Portes said "Brexit would give Britain’s economy a “slow puncture”, with a “significant but not catastrophic, persistent drag on growth of a quarter-to-half percent a year for the foreseeable future”. :open_mouth: euractiv.com/section/uk-eur … ic-hit-uk/

Is that it?

Monkey241:

milodon:

Noremac:
The UK held a referendum. The UK left the EU because it was the will of the people, for good or bad. We have to all make the best of it and nobody said there wouldn’t be hard yards in the process.

If people voted based on blatant lies, it is something everyone should be worried about. Taking it on all fours means it will only get worse for democracy.

What were the blatant lies that resulted in my vote?

£350.000.000 for the NHS?

That’s the most blatant, and one they put in writing. Theres also the “getting back control of our fishing waters”., for starters…

Ask the UK fishing industry how that worked out… :imp: