Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

Noremac:

Franglais:
I’m certainly not a fan of the Telegraph, but if they had published unsubstantiated quotes Martin would have had recourse through IPSO (Independent Publishing Standards Organisation) of which The Daily Telegraph is a member. They would have to issue a retraction and apology if their piece was unfounded. Maybe pay out too?
Instead Martin issued a statement saying:
“Ohhh, no I didn’t!”, after his apparent hypocrisy was pointed out.
Hmmmm.

Franglais old boy, you are well acquainted with having an agenda, this thread being a perfect example.

As I understand The Telegraph issued an apology because Wetherspoons wasn’t facing staff shortages.

Seems to be a case of dots being connected that weren’t there. Perhaps looking for sensation where it didn’t exist?

My post dated 2nd June.
The Telegraph apology dated 4th June.
So, my post seems correct, at the time it was posted.

So to sum up…
Tim Martin WAS misquoted by a hack.
Suprise suprise.

Journalism in the UK is really at a low point. No matter what the paper is the hacks have to lie to make the story.

Another very happy group of people.
Brexit does wonders

youtube.com/watch?v=W-fVv6QncNo

Franglais:

msgyorkie:
Irish Ferries to open Calais to Dover route. Irish Ferries announces new service on Dover – Calais route.

A 3 operator ferry route! Do they know something you remainers don’t or are you still believing that there is no future and no trade relationship between the UK and the EU?

Who has said

msgyorkie:
that there is no future and no trade relationship between the UK and the EU

Isnt it the Brexit side of the argument that we are better off trading further afield? Isnt it the remain side to say we do have a very strong trade with our nearest and biggest partners? And that putting obstacles in the way of that trade is not a good idea?
What are you saying?

Isn’t it the Brexit side blah blah.

There are many sides to the Brexit argument…but I’ve never argued that a reason to leave was per se for longer trade routes.

I think you’re shaping an argument to fit whatever strange point you’re trying to make.

By your logic whatever the arrangement with the EU we should accept it cos its closer and therefore environmentally more friendly [emoji23]

I expect you also believe the EU gave us everything from paid leave to Health and Safety…

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

hkloss1:
While brexitards keep waffling, we just keep highlighting, how brexitards have dammaged and keep dammaging the country

Permanent Brexit Problems Highlighted by Engineering Firm

It is being increasingly reported that small businesses are facing especially harsh impacts to their business from brexit. Ken Torres, an engineer, explains how his business is being put at risk through no fault of his own due to Borisn Johnson’s extreme tory brexit.

youtube.com/watch?v=_Kl2uV9xAtg

How to Judge Brexit a Success or Failure?

Like any project, brexit should have success and failure criteria. We’ve left the EU now, but the next general election will give us a chance to change our course again, hopefully away from Boris Johnson’s extreme tory brexit. But what are the failure standards for brexit? How should we judged whether or not the path we’ve taken is a success or failure in terms that everyone can agree on?

youtube.com/watch?v=JDzf9RIqgXE

The irony of someone who can barely spell insulting anyone else over intellect is delicious.

As for ‘Brexitard’ I thought we’d learned that such stereotyping was small minded?

I guess you’re the one that proves the point.

The irony is deep

hkloss1:
Another very happy group of people.
Brexit does wonders

youtube.com/watch?v=W-fVv6QncNo

Devastates farmers?

Is that empirical observation born of fact? Or over emotional farmers making hyperbolic statements?

Franglais:

Noremac:

Franglais:
I’m certainly not a fan of the Telegraph, but if they had published unsubstantiated quotes Martin would have had recourse through IPSO (Independent Publishing Standards Organisation) of which The Daily Telegraph is a member. They would have to issue a retraction and apology if their piece was unfounded. Maybe pay out too?
Instead Martin issued a statement saying:
“Ohhh, no I didn’t!”, after his apparent hypocrisy was pointed out.
Hmmmm.

Franglais old boy, you are well acquainted with having an agenda, this thread being a perfect example.

As I understand The Telegraph issued an apology because Wetherspoons wasn’t facing staff shortages.

Seems to be a case of dots being connected that weren’t there. Perhaps looking for sensation where it didn’t exist?

My post dated 2nd June.
The Telegraph apology dated 4th June.
So, my post seems correct, at the time it was posted.

So… what you’re saying is ‘mea culpa’?

In a rather oblique way consisting of ‘I was right at the time’?

Or…more accurately …I believe what the press writes without question provided it supports my world view on Brexit?

Monkey241:

hkloss1:
While brexitards keep waffling, we just keep highlighting, how brexitards have dammaged and keep dammaging the country

It is being increasingly reported that small businesses are facing especially harsh impacts to their business from brexit. Ken Torres, an engineer, explains how his business is being put at risk through no fault of his own due to Borisn Johnson’s extreme tory brexit.

Like any project, brexit should have success and failure criteria. We’ve left the EU now, but the next general election will give us a chance to change our course again, hopefully away from Boris Johnson’s extreme tory brexit. But what are the failure standards for brexit? How should we judged whether or not the path we’ve taken is a success or failure in terms that everyone can agree on?

The irony of someone who can barely spell insulting anyone else over intellect is delicious.

As for ‘Brexitard’ I thought we’d learned that such stereotyping was small minded?

The irony is deep

I understand your pain , Monkey, it must be very frustrating for you and your mates from club “B” , not to be able to post anything supporting Brexit, that would make sense.
The bad news is that your, and your mates pain isn’t going to be ending anytime soon, it’s just the beginning, the of the mother of all c.o.c.k ups is just starting to produce it’s unwanted babies.
There’s much more to come, until, in a few years time, you all are going to be beging the EU to accept little poor England back to the fold, where Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish, already back in, are going to be deciding whether to let you in or not.
Be nice to them, your future depends on them.

Take a look at the spelling, before Mazzer and the maoster arrive, they have been my most reliable spell checkers so far. You might be allowed to join the team, if you impress me with speed and dedication

What’s your take on this, Monkey?

Brexit to Finish British Farming Off with Australia Deal

After initial reports that the brexit deal with Australia was to have a 15 year delay clause for ending tariffs on Australian meat, it appears that those tariffs will now end immediately. This will flood Britain with cheap Australian beef and lamb, and with harder trading conditions for exports, British beef and lamb farmers will find it impossible to compete.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=mRv0kQtN1sA

Fiddle-players, Farmers, Fishers, Financiers, next? Steel?
ft.com/content/dc2af157-a42 … 28f9c70b2b

Looks like one Brexiteer was correct:
Patrick Minford who was in favour of Brexit (one of the few economists who was) said UK steel, farming etc would be hard hit. Looks like a Brexiteer was correct about summat.

Franglais:

Patrick Minford who was in favour of Brexit (one of the few economists who was) said UK steel, farming etc would be hard hit. Looks like a Brexiteer was correct about summat.

Yet UK steelworks are flat out. Order books are so full they are turning down work.
“There are fears that steel shortages could hit large projects after British Steel stopped taking orders on structural steel sections due to “extreme demand”.”

This doesnt add up with your Brexiteer economist!

Ah, Franglais has been on his daily article hunt so he can post links to Trucknet to prove he was right all along.

msgyorkie:
Yet UK steelworks are flat out. Order books are so full they are turning down work.
“There are fears that steel shortages could hit large projects after British Steel stopped taking orders on structural steel sections due to “extreme demand”.”
Materials warning on large projects as British Steel halts structural orders | Construction News

At least someone can afford a fourth yacht whilst people are pawning off their lifes work :unamused:

msgyorkie:

Franglais:

https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/supply-chain/materials-warning-on-large-projects-as-british-steel-halts-structural-orders-12-05-2021/

Did you bother reading the article?

Ed.
“Several Tory MPs in “red wall” seats, backed by the Labour party and steel industry leaders, are furious that a government body has officially recommended that protections inherited from the EU to safeguard UK producers be ended imminently by the government.”
That demand could well be filled by imported steel, because of dropping protection! So if the UK hasnt got enough capacity as you say,and imports from cheaper suppliers are getting easier......where will it be bought? Wake Up! Look at Liberty Steels owner Sanjeev Gupta, and his links to Greensill. If he and his UK business doesn`t make the steel, so what? Maybe his Australian steel making business can! Result !

Franglais:

msgyorkie:

Franglais:

Materials warning on large projects as British Steel halts structural orders | Construction News

Did you bother reading the article?

No its behind a paywall. I have to go on the selected information in your post. “Patrick Minford who was in favour of Brexit (one of the few economists who was) said UK steel, farming etc would be hard hit.”
And so on limited info and knowing what your agenda is I have replied with the solid fact that UK steel has full order books.

hkloss1:

Monkey241:

hkloss1:

The irony is deep

I understand your pain , Monkey, it must be very frustrating for you and your mates from club “B” , not to be able to post anything supporting Brexit, that would make sense.
The bad news is that your, and your mates pain isn’t going to be ending anytime soon, it’s just the beginning, the of the mother of all c.o.c.k ups is just starting to produce it’s unwanted babies.
There’s much more to come, until, in a few years time, you all are going to be beging the EU to accept little poor England back to the fold, where Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish, already back in, are going to be deciding whether to let you in or not.
Be nice to them, your future depends on them.

Take a look at the spelling, before Mazzer and the maoster arrive, they have been my most reliable spell checkers so far. You might be allowed to join the team, if you impress me with speed and dedication

Beging?

To be fair, your bizarre spelling almost takes attention from the absurdity of your argument…almost.

Let me know when you have anything cogent to offer.

Franglais:

Correct about summat?

Odd how if Remainers were so correct that they couldn’t formulate a winning argument…

msgyorkie:
No its behind a paywall. I have to go on the selected information in your post. “Patrick Minford who was in favour of Brexit (one of the few economists who was) said UK steel, farming etc would be hard hit.”
And so on limited info and knowing what your agenda is I have replied with the solid fact that UK steel has full order books

Point taken.
theguardian.com/business/20 … ies-warned
youtube.com/watch?v=qbHH-FsVEa4
youtube.com/watch?v=SQQyukKVJfI
walesonline.co.uk/news/poli … d-15323164

Yes, full order books today. But new suppliers could be available tomorrow, and they are cheaper. You ain`t thick, work it out.

Franglais:

msgyorkie:
And so on limited info and knowing what your agenda is I have replied with the solid fact that UK steel has full order books

Point taken.

Yes, full order books today. But new suppliers could be available tomorrow, and they are cheaper. You ain`t thick, work it out.

Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s more a question of type and grade of steel.

We stopped competing in the steel mass market long ago…

Monkey241:

Franglais:

msgyorkie:

Point taken.

Correct me if I’m wrong but it’s more a question of type and grade of steel.

We stopped competing in the steel mass market long ago…

Incidentally…New suppliers could be available tomorrow?

Sounds like a confused over access to the SM type argument.

Those suppliers are available now