Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

the maoster:
^^ you not been reading the posts here about pay rates going north? Or have you auto selected that out?

No mate, I don’t read anything else on this forum, apart of checking this thread from time to time.
So, what companies have awarded pay rises to their drivers since the 1st January this year, what was the previous pay and what’s the new pay, as I don’t have time to be going through other threads?

hkloss1:

the maoster:
^^ you not been reading the posts here about pay rates going north? Or have you auto selected that out?

No mate, I don’t read anything else on this forum, apart of checking this thread from time to time.
So, what companies have awarded pay rises to their drivers since the 1st January this year, what was the previous pay and what’s the new pay, as I don’t have time to be going through other threads?

Mine is up 12%, effective from the 1st of this month.

hkloss1:

the maoster:

You’ll gleefully trawl the internet like some sort of ghoul gleefully posting link after link of just how bad Britain is doing over this or that but you won’t search a few posts on here regarding the up shift nationwide in pay?

Says everything I need to know about you actually.

toonsy:

hkloss1:

the maoster:

Even my lot gave me a pay raise, :open_mouth: .and an extra couple of quid or so on my night out subsistence.
But don’t let us be spoiling the spirit of this thread with any positivity ffs. :laughing:

the maoster:

hkloss1:

the maoster:

You’ll gleefully trawl the internet like some sort of ghoul gleefully posting link after link of just how bad Britain is doing over this or that but you won’t search a few posts on here regarding the up shift nationwide in pay?

Says everything I need to know about you actually.

Yep, doesn’t suit their agenda to do that.

As you mention they can’t wait to post a link when it’s supposedly doom and gloom, but god forbid anything positive like above inflation pay rises and it’s time to bury their head in the sand and pretend it’s not happening.

Oh, for the record I have had a pay rise too and I haven’t noticed any difference in my day to day life than before 1st January.

And yep…some of the ee are selling up,and shipping out…at our place.
Probably worried their nest eggs won’t provide them with the retirement they hoped…if they stick around much longer.
Probably the agenda of a few on here.

robroy:

toonsy:

hkloss1:

the maoster:

Even my lot gave me a pay raise, :open_mouth: .and an extra couple of quid or so on my night out subsistence.
But don’t let us be spoiling the spirit of this thread with any positivity ffs. :laughing:

In fairness I’m not even sure that all the pay increases I’ve seen and heard about can be put down to one reason.

commonrail:
And yep…some of the ee are selling up,and shipping out…at our place.
Probably worried their nest eggs won’t provide them with the retirement they hoped…if they stick around much longer.
Probably the agenda of a few on here.

Every weekend theres a Romanian reg artic, various vans and a couple of coaches with trailers parked round the back of Asda in Colindale, all loading up boxes and bags of peoples stuff and off they go. Definitely moving out.

Ive been full time on mine for 3 years now, not a whisper from any of the agencies I was working for before that. Last few weeks, texts, emails and calls. “Looking for any work” All the agencies round here have been around 12 quid an hour days for years, vast majority are advertising 15+ in the last month.

Come to think of it…the only ACTUAL lorry driver I know…who was pro remain,has a place in Spain.

Franglais:
Is Brexit affecting the US trucking industry?
“Truckers are getting big pay hikes, but there’s still a shortage of drivers - CNN” amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/05/29/econ … index.html

Franglais:
Arch Brexiteer Tim Martin wants more EU immigration
“Wetherspoons boss Tim Martin calls for more EU migration to help staff bars” amp.lbc.co.uk/news/wetherspoons … rs-brexit/

I believe there is a points system in place, which doesn’t rule out shortage occupations. However, the emphasis is on job offers and establishing the full skill set prior to embarkation to the UK.

The framework is to the benefit of workers because they need to have a job offer with a minimum salary level, so zero hours contracts which have been the norm for many EU citizens working in the UK, won’t be acceptable. Standard of English is a prerequisite as far as I can see, which can only be a positive thing.

So, for Tim Martin, he can start taking applications any time he wants. He just needs to be prepared to offer a salaried job above £20,480.

Noremac:

Franglais:
“Wetherspoons boss Tim Martin calls for more EU migration to help staff bars” amp.lbc.co.uk/news/wetherspoons … rs-brexit/

I believe there is a points system in place, which doesn’t rule out shortage occupations. However, the emphasis is on job offers and establishing the full skill set prior to embarkation to the UK.

The framework is to the benefit of workers because they need to have a job offer with a minimum salary level, so zero hours contracts which have been the norm for many EU citizens working in the UK, won’t be acceptable. Standard of English is a prerequisite as far as I can see, which can only be a positive thing.

So, for Tim Martin, he can start taking applications any time he wants. He just needs to be prepared to offer a salaried job above £20,480.

As usual a hack mis-quoted him.
“The Telegraph published an article on 1 June, with highly misleading, and completely fictional, comments about Wetherspoon. Wetherspoon has issued a press statement in response”

A lot of pay rises are bonuses , my mate rang me and said he was now getting £100 bonus for every extra shift worked , can you really see a company continuing to pay that when the pay rise was 30p apx , these companies will claw it back one way or another , little or no pay rises for a few years until the hourly rate comes back to where they want it , and bonuses are as & when it suits them anyway

msgyorkie:

Noremac:

Franglais:

“The Telegraph published an article on 1 June, with highly misleading, and completely fictional, comments about Wetherspoon. Wetherspoon has issued a press statement in response”
Latest News, Wetherspoon News - J D Wetherspoon

Right, thanks for that information. There seemed something not quite right about the article. Turns out the Wetherspoons staffing is fine with plenty of applications. The comment made about immigration was that he thought closer countries should be given preferential treatment on visas which is a world apart from the headline of the original article.

In any case, if GB does find itself short on the hospitality front, I’m sure there would be plenty applications for salaried positions, so all good on that front. However, if salaried positions are being offered to immigrants, why not offer them to UK citizens? Probably more uptake than a zero hours contract, so the need to go through the red tape to employ from abroad would probably go away.

msn.com/en-gb/money/other/b … d=msedgntp

British tax havens are responsible for 29% of the $245 billion in tax the world loses to corporates, according to Tax Justice Network, which ranks BVI, Cayman Islands and Bermuda as the top three enablers of corporate tax abuse on the planet. Along with Jersey, Guernsey and the Barclay brothers in Sark.

There is the reason for Brexit … £ 245 000 000 000 … 29 % feeds a lot of food banks and free school meals in my mind

msgyorkie:

Noremac:

Franglais:

Of course they did. It’s called ‘egg on face, damage limitation’…

Timmy is a odious self publicising ego maniac, who thinks that everything European is bad. He kept banging on how Brittain didnt need Eurooe, was beter shod of it, and let’s control our borders now…well, apart from the workers… as long as it’s only his workers that can come in… no other filthy immigrants.

the nodding donkey:

msgyorkie:

Noremac:

Franglais:

Of course they did. It’s called ‘egg on face, damage limitation’…

Timmy is a odious self publicising ego maniac, who thinks that everything European is bad. He kept banging on how Brittain didnt need Eurooe, was beter shod of it, and let’s control our borders now…well, apart from the workers… as long as it’s only his workers that can come in… no other filthy immigrants.

I’m certainly not a fan of the Telegraph, but if they had published unsubstantiated quotes Martin would have had recourse through IPSO (Independent Publishing Standards Organisation) of which The Daily Telegraph is a member. They would have to issue a retraction and apology if their piece was unfounded. Maybe pay out too?
Instead Martin issued a statement saying:
“Ohhh, no I didn’t!”, after his apparent hypocrisy was pointed out.
Hmmmm.

Cant be bothered to search at the moment but i did read somewhere that he has asked for an apology from the Telegraph. When Im home tonight I will do a look from where I read it.

For all you “MOANERS” and “REMAINERS”

just started on ITV<

"Britain after Brexit : Winners and Losers "

Discuss afterwards :exclamation:

If you’ve missed the beginning or even all of it, ITV + 1 in an hour and a half

Franglais:
I’m certainly not a fan of the Telegraph, but if they had published unsubstantiated quotes Martin would have had recourse through IPSO (Independent Publishing Standards Organisation) of which The Daily Telegraph is a member. They would have to issue a retraction and apology if their piece was unfounded. Maybe pay out too?
Instead Martin issued a statement saying:
“Ohhh, no I didn’t!”, after his apparent hypocrisy was pointed out.
Hmmmm.

Franglais old boy, you are well acquainted with having an agenda, this thread being a perfect example.

As I understand The Telegraph issued an apology because Wetherspoons wasn’t facing staff shortages.

Seems to be a case of dots being connected that weren’t there. Perhaps looking for sensation where it didn’t exist?