Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

There may be a long waiting list for a test, but 28000 new drivers will not make up for the 15000 EU drivers said to of left and the 150000 older drivers due to retire. I see it as a perfect storm, and a win for Brexit. If hauliers want bums on seats, they may have to pay a wage that will entice people to do a job that at the moment, not a lot of people would want to do.

A certain lack of joined up thinking going on here it seems.
theguardian.com/business/20 … t-benefits
Freeports may not be so much to help our future as was suggested.

theguardian.com/politics/20 … ustainable
If the N.I. protocol fails…?

Wheel Nut:
The only thing I have really noticed is with my online shopping order, they send grapes from Chile or India and not Spain, but they are tastier and cheaper.

Same in my local Supermarket in France

I think it is undeniable that since Brexit we have started seeing the first above-inflation pay rises for HGV drivers for some 15 years. The industry itself agrees and seems to point to the outflux of eastern European labour post-Brexit as one of the primary reasons for this.

Of course, Franglais would not see this as an advantage, but for those of us who do drive trucks for a living this can only be a good thing.

Harry Monk:
I think it is undeniable that since Brexit we have started seeing the first above-inflation pay rises for HGV drivers for some 15 years. The industry itself agrees and seems to point to the outflux of eastern European labour post-Brexit as one of the primary reasons for this.

Of course, Franglais would not see this as an advantage, but for those of us who do drive trucks for a living this can only be a good thing.

World population is approx, 7,900,000,000 of whom precisely 1 knows what Franglais is seeing. And it isn’t Harry Monk.
trans.info/en/iru-survey-europe … 021-226644
Suggests there is a looming European wide driver shortage, as COVID restrictions are eased. Driver pay rates may be rising elsewhere too.
Bifa reported this back in 2018,
bifa.org/news/articles/2018 … -of-europe
COVID has postponed it’s effects due to industry slowing down, but it is apparently happening now.
Expect pay rises across the EU, not just in the UK.
Not a Brexit effect IMHO.
If there is a driver shortage that can’t be met, don’t worry: the Gov has already said that immigrants will be allowed in from non EU countries. So no worries there then.
If driving is declared a shortage occupation any prospective employer will need to pay £21k to sponsor an immigrant.
gov.uk/guidance/new-immigra … r%20salary.
Or £26k if not declared a shortage occupation.
The ongoing trade deal discussion with India talk of an extra 3,000 professional immigrants coming to the UK every year.
I don’t know what the definition of professional is in this case. It might be A level equivalent?
You see, a couple if years when it appeared the fish industry (remember that?) would have a post Brexit labour shortfall Michael Gove said
pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/ne … rocessors/
immigration rules would be “flexible”.
I wonder if that will apply to transport in the future?

Franglais:
If driving is declared a shortage occupation any prospective employer will need to pay £21k to sponsor an immigrant.

I highly doubt HGV driving will be put on the skills shortage list when UK government report itself states that there is no HGV shortage.

msgyorkie:

Franglais:

I highly doubt HGV driving will be put on the skills shortage list when UK government report itself states that there is no HGV shortage.

I wouldn’t know.
But what about Gove’s comments? It seems fish processing work is skilled enough to get special treatment.

And the shortage was first mentioned by Harry Monk. Ask him.

I can see that Robroy, MsGyorkie, are all back on this thread, and considering how much they all hated this thread, and wanted it to be closed for good, despite getting advices to just avoid reading it , and contributing, as there are so many more, more suitable ones for their level of thought, threads on this forum, they just can’t resist, coming back ■■■■■■■ all over this thread again, and again, and again.

I know my other best friend, Mazzer, is nervously biting his finger nails waiting for my replies (yes, that is exactly what I meant, biting finger nails, Mazzer), unfortunately I will have to make him wait a little longer, as I just can’s be bothered wasting my valuable time any longer.

In the meantime, I thought I would post this simplistic explanation of the current Brexit situation , for every reader of The Express , Sun, and Daily Mail, on this board:

Brexit Minister Whininig About Brexit Again

Our unelected Brexit minister, David Frost, Boris Johnson’s brexit poodle, has been yet again saying how bad his brexit agreement is working out. Not that he has apologised for this. But he keeps complaining about the protocol as if persuading Express readers will somehow change the reality. The protocol is a legal fact and any problems will need a legal solution.

youtube.com/watch?v=vGSWMs-EBiI

PS. Mazzer, Dear Friend, can you check for me , the texts I typed above, and pick up on all the mistakes, for me , please, as I can’t be bothered, please?

hkloss1:
as I just can’s be bothered wasting my valuable time any longer.

Every cloud………

the maoster:

hkloss1:

Every cloud………

+1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hkloss1:
I can see that Robroy, MsGyorkie, are all back on this thread, and considering how much they all hated this thread, and wanted it to be closed for good, despite getting advices to just avoid reading it , and contributing, as there are so many more, more suitable ones for their level of thought, threads on this forum, they just can’t resist, coming back ■■■■■■■ all over this thread again, and again, and again.

I know my other best friend, Mazzer, is nervously biting his finger nails waiting for my replies (yes, that is exactly what I meant, biting finger nails, Mazzer), unfortunately I will have to make him wait a little longer, as I just can’s be bothered wasting my valuable time any longer.

In the meantime, I thought I would post this simplistic explanation of the current Brexit situation , for every reader of The Express , Sun, and Daily Mail, on this board:

Our unelected Brexit minister, David Frost, Boris Johnson’s brexit poodle, has been yet again saying how bad his brexit agreement is working out. Not that he has apologised for this. But he keeps complaining about the protocol as if persuading Express readers will somehow change the reality. The protocol is a legal fact and any problems will need a legal solution.

PS. Mazzer, Dear Friend, can you check for me , the texts I typed above, and pick up on all the mistakes, for me , please, as I can’t be bothered, please?

:laughing: :laughing:
I know you’d prefer to continue with your endless stream of inane drivel on this subject without any other contrary opinion, but that is not how a forum works.so I’ll continue to dip in and out of it…especially when I see your posts,.as I find them fascinating,.(although maybe not in the way you intended. :smiley: )

As for my ‘level of thinking’, don’t worry it is well within that scope,.as I have a rather bizarre sense of humour ,.and a fascination with bizarre personalities, which is well fed by some of the content on this thread. :bulb:

hkloss1:

I read the first paragraph and my eyes glazed over so gave up on the rest. The resident lunatic is back.

At least I enjoy reading Franglais tosh!

^^^^^^^^
‘Enjoy’ might be stretching it a bit I reckon… :laughing:
But at least with Franglais you can get an intelligent argument out of him and a display of his sense of humour, and without him resorting to petty insults,… and at least HIS ‘rants’ ain’t delivered in the style of an Austrian born Germamic dictator. :smiley:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^
‘Enjoy’ might be stretching it a bit I reckon… [emoji38]
But at least with Franglais you can get an intelligent argument out of him and a display of his sense of humour, and without him resorting to petty insults,… and at least HIS ‘rants’ ain’t delivered in the style of an Austrian born Germamic dictator. :smiley:

No petty insults from me.
I’m saving 'em all up so I’ll give you all a major one, before I go off.

Franglais:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^

I wouldn’t expect anything else mate. :smiley:
I’m going to start complementing Boris, reminding you of the Brexit result, and slagging off Covid rules just to bring it on a bit faster. :laughing:

Franglais:

robroy:
^^^^^^^^

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Mazzer2:

the maoster:

hkloss1:

Every cloud………

+1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

you were late this time Mazzer, the maoster takes the top prize, but not all lost , there are still some , I can see now, you can pick up and lecture me on, I’m surprised you haven’t done it yet.
Your high standards, I feel, need to be maintained.
I might be blaming you for being late this time, but overall, you’ve been doing very well, your responses have always been very fast, and I have always felt important to you, judging by the speed of your replies.
Keep up the good work, fella

robroy:

hkloss1:

:laughing: :laughing:
I know you’d prefer to continue with your endless stream of inane drivel on this subject without any other contrary opinion, but that is not how a forum works.so I’ll continue to dip in and out of it…especially when I see your posts,.as I find them fascinating,.(although maybe not in the way you intended. :smiley: )

As for my ‘level of thinking’, don’t worry it is well within that scope,.as I have a rather bizarre sense of humour ,.and a fascination with bizarre personalities, which is well fed by some of the content on this thread. :bulb:

you call my replies “an endless stream of inane drivel” , and I also call your replies “an endless stream of inane drivel”, I guess we will never agree, so I we will have get used to disagreeing and learn to live with it. Sad

I’m happy to read , that you find my posts fascinating, and you continue to dip in and out mainly when you see my posts,your reply, instills more convidence in myself, and I feel obliged to continue keeping you fascinated, but on the other hand I have to point out that you hadn’t dipped in and out for quite some time on this thread , despite seeing my posts, which leaves me a little dissapointed , I have to say.

Since you enjoy reading what I posts, and I have no reasons to suspect you might not be genuine about it, I have found another very interesting video for you to watch, this time from a diffrent vlogger, sadly again describing people such as yourself in not a very positive way:

“I Voted For Brexit Now It Is Harming Me And My Wife!” - Retiree In Spain

Joe in Spain voted for Brexit back in 2016 for Britain “to rule itself”, now that their are restrictions on UK citizens who are living or spending extended periods of time in Spain he regrets his vote.

youtube.com/watch?v=TnMYgxoTPOc

Check the comments below the video, they are hilarious, and I know you enjoy reading hilarious comments.

When you , and the likes of you were planning to vote Brexit, was it in your plans to be concidered as clowns by citizens of other countries, after the vote you won, and being laughed at, or it just happened, and you still don’t know why you are being laughed at, by virtualy everybody?

You have won the vote, but lost Brexit, sadly I have to say

robroy:
^^^^^^^^
‘Enjoy’ might be stretching it a bit I reckon… :laughing:

Petty insults?
You might want to check back to where it all started, but then I guess , you don’t want to find out, that you have yourself only to blame.
We have a saying “You reap what you sow”, in my part of the country, not sure if the same exists where you come from.