Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

Don’t worry RR, the bad news bear will be furiously copying and pasting reams of shizzle that nobody reads or cares about.

the maoster:
Don’t worry RR, the bad news bear will be furiously copying and pasting reams of shizzle that nobody reads or cares about.

:laughing: :laughing:
Then Haniball Lecter will make a long winded comment in his own inimitable way.

Wheel Nut:
The only thing I have really noticed is with my online shopping order, they send grapes from Chile or India and not Spain, but they are tastier and cheaper.

Funnily enough I was in Morrisons today doing the weekly shop and I bought an Iceberg lettuce. It was priced at 45p and usually when its that low a price its because its the local crop grown near me in the Ely fens. However upon looking at the place of growth it was Spain!

So I thought food imports from the EU were
A) Never going to be sold in the UK because its too much hassle with the paperwork.
B) Never going to be sold in the UK because it will be too expensive.

So over to you Franglais…can you please explain how post brexit an iceberg lettuce grown in Spain is cheaper than it was last year pre brexit because frankly im baffled…wasnt the UK meant to starve to death as no grower wanted to export their goods into a post brexit UK■■?

the maoster:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hes been a bit quiet, ever get the feeling we are going to get bombarded with anti brexit propaganda in a Carryfast style?

msgyorkie:

Wheel Nut:
The only thing I have really noticed is with my online shopping order, they send grapes from Chile or India and not Spain, but they are tastier and cheaper.

Funnily enough I was in Morrisons today doing the weekly shop and I bought an Iceberg lettuce. It was priced at 45p and usually when its that low a price its because its the local crop grown near me in the Ely fens. However upon looking at the place of growth it was Spain!

A) Never going to be sold in the UK because its too much hassle with the paperwork.

So over to you Franglais…can you please explain how post brexit an iceberg lettuce grown in Spain is cheaper than it was last year pre brexit because frankly im baffled…wasnt the UK meant to starve to death as no grower wanted to export their goods into a post brexit UK■■?

Guess what
“she prices, she go up, she go down!”
This is the coldest spring for decades.
Proof positive that Brexit is bad because of our increased heating bills!
statista.com/statistics/467 … ingdom-uk/

Franglais:

msgyorkie:

Wheel Nut:

Guess what

So you agree that the price of a lettuce imported from Spain post Brexit has NOT become overpriced then.
Hmmm looks like the UK will still be getting produce in at an affordable price. I thought produce from Spain was going to out of my peasant reach according to you naysayers of doom and destruction.

msgyorkie:

Franglais:

msgyorkie:

Wheel Nut:

Guess what

So you agree that the price of a lettuce imported from Spain post Brexit has NOT become overpriced then.
Hmmm looks like the UK will still be getting produce in at an affordable price. I thought produce from Spain was going to out of my peasant reach according to you naysayers of doom and destruction.

Also he wants to go to a Lidl’s RDC and see how many EU trucks are there , still the same number

New pastures

blue estate:
Also he wants to go to a Lidl’s RDC and see how many EU trucks are there , still the same number

A massive Brexit success? No.
No change there then.

msgyorkie:

Did I say that?
Where?

And please say what your sources are for

msgyorkie:

The Johnson “Story Book Of True Facts…Honest!” ?
Or some other august publication?

FFS , !!!

I really can’t believe all this tosh being spouted about Brexit !! :unamused:

Franglais and all you other remaining barons of DOOM, IT’S HAPPENED

, get over it,

it will never go back to how it was, it’s here and will STAY here.

Movement of goods between Europe and the UK, WILL go on,
tariffs will occur for certain goods,
there will be problems in custom documentation

PLEASE STOP trolling through ALL the taboids to find what fits your agenda :exclamation:

Every now and then I lke to push the stick through the bars and poke the bear. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

pierrot 14:
FFS , !!!

, get over it,

PLEASE STOP trolling through ALL the taboids to find what fits your agenda :exclamation:

It isn`t here yet though, is it? The UK vet checks have been postponed. Currently scheduled for Oct I think? You have that to look forward when getting off the boat in Pompey.
Wher is the deal for UK access to EU financial markets? (Currently, moved into a memorandum of understanding I think. Unsigned yet?)
Goods will of course continue to move between the UK and the EU. Who has ever said otherwise?
And as you correctly point out Brexit will cause extra paperwork, which costs money, and which will sometimes go wrong, causing delays and more cost. In the future there may be tariffs and non-trade barriers introduced.

So, why are you content to go along this route?

And why do you seek to shout at those with a differing point of view? If you don`t like my standpoint you are free to argue or ignore it.

msgyorkie:
Every now and then I lke to push the stick through the bars and poke the bear. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Yes, you do.
You make unsubstantiated claims, which when queried you ignore and dont justify. I spose that is equivalent to poking at a superior force and then running away?
Carry on, mate.

msgyorkie:

I might be able to shed some light on this.
For quite a few years I used to load lettuce every other week from a pack house in Lorca in Southern Spain and deliver to either English Village Salads near Selby or Geest at Spaulding.
The trays had individually wrapped Iceburg lettuce for all the major supermarkets already with the price on them and “Produce of Great Britain” on the label.
I questioned this and the answer was that every few months we would take a 24 tonne load of lettuce seed down there that we used to load in Bourne therefore it was British seed and British produce, the fact it was grown in Spain and transported back to UK didn’t alter the fact that it was British.
I can only surmise that now the seed is Spanish and not transported from the UK, it’s labelled as such and has less transport costs hence a lower price.

pierrot 14:
FFS , !!!

, get over it,

Indeed but leftie EU enthusiast types will never let it go, like a small yappy dog with a bone.

Franglais:

msgyorkie:

Yes, you do.
You make unsubstantiated claims, which when queried you ignore and dont justify. I spose that is equivalent to poking at a superior force and then running away?
Carry on, mate.

Nah not really mate, to quote a phrase of Robroy…“I cant be arsed” to take part in a Carryfast/Franglais game of trawling websites and cut and pasting.
I just find it comical that you will post on here the moment you find some bad news but NEVER post the good points. And before you say there isnt any good moves from Brexit, yes there is and no im not going to go away and trawl websites just to cut and paste cos quite frankly…“I cant be arsed” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

msgyorkie:
.“I cant be arsed”

Oh, quelle surprize!
No evidence to back up any claims, promises, and statements, but still has a superiority complex. You and Johnson really do deserve each other.
Enjoy! :smiley:

twitter.com/FT/status/1391421171141423106?s=19
Have noticed a few local firms advertising, who would not normally need to. Could an acute shortage finally push the hourly rate up?

Franglais:

msgyorkie:
.“I cant be arsed”

Oh, quelle surprize!
No evidence to back up any claims, promises, and statements, but still has a superiority complex. You and Johnson really do deserve each other.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

msgyorkie:

Franglais:

msgyorkie:
.“I cant be arsed”

Oh, quelle surprize!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ahh…a happy ending !

Janos:
https://twitter.com/FT/status/1391421171141423106?s=19
Have noticed a few local firms advertising, who would not normally need to. Could an acute shortage finally push the hourly rate up?

Can’t see the rate going up much

If you read the article it’s saying there’s a backlog of 28000 new drivers. Due to there being no hgv lessons or tests being conducted over the past 12 months.
Now the tests are starting again there wlill be a flood of new pass drivers looking for.jobs