Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

msgyorkie:

yourhavingalarf:
I see Kent…

Is open again so to speak.

msn.com/en-gb/money/other/u … d=msedgntp

From that report… “The government today said that trade volumes between the UK and EU had returned to normal levels, with a statement saying there was a 46 per cent increase in exports to the bloc after a large decline in January.”

So when are the doom mongerers going to stop trawling the web for bad news and start reporting on the positives for a balance??

From the ONS site
ons.gov.uk/economy/national … bruary2021
Decrease in trade in Jan of £5.7 billion, increase in Feb of £3.7 billion…
Increase in balance of payments deficit of £0.5 billion.
Yes, the Gov says every little thing is wonderful.
Do those bare figures support that?
Note, as the ONS says covid is affecting things a lot, and short term figures should be treated cautiously.
What happens next when the new, already postponed, UK import rules take effect? If the current Gov get around to fulfilling their side of the deal?

And another article showing the on going issues.
newstatesman.com/politics/b … -damage-uk
“The experts were right”
Who’d have guessed it!

Just returned…

From my local greengrocers with Belgium’s best kept secret, Hoogstraten strawberries.

Nom nom nom.

I haven’t been around for a while, and I know I haven’t answered Mazzer’s post from about a month ago, as other, more important things kept me away from this place.

I know Mazzer must have been biting his finger nails waiting for my reply, I will get back to it, as soon as time permits.
I can see, Brexiters are still defending the undefendable, as expected.

Just wanted to quickly share this little gem:

The Express are now reporting the latest in a long line of spurious so called solutions to brexit from an unqualified brexit supporter which seems to have been missed by actual legal experts. The claim is that article 349 of the treaty on the functioning of the European Union holds the key to the Northern Ireland Protocol. Don’t get your hopes it, it is, of course, absolute tosh.

youtube.com/watch?v=YZGm6SsCqeo

Not sure if anybody listened to BBC4 this morning, but Liz Truss confirmed , to strike a trade deal with India, UK will have to relax immigration rules for India’s nationals.

From today’s BBC article:

"The do that, the UK is likely to have to relax immigration rules between India and the UK, Ms Truss added.

“We’ve already made significant steps in improving the immigration regime with the post-study work visa. We’ve seen a massive rise in Indian students coming to the UK.”

And here is a part copy of The Sun article from 2018:

"INDIA has said it will demand easier access for its citizens to migrate to Britain as part of a post-Brexit free trade deal.

The country’s high commissioner to the UK Yashvardhan Sinha said India wants the “best deal possible” with Britain.
But he said it’s in no hurry to strike a free trade deal.

And warning Britain that a free trade deal would have to involve opening our borders to Indian migrants, Mr Sinha told Politico: “It is very important that if we need to step up our engagement we need to have that easier access, the ease of travel has to be looked into.”

Hkloss, the whole story on the migration deal with India not just the bits you cherry pick, doesn’t seem a bad deal and it will be controlled with the added bonus of it being easier to deport those who overstay or are here illegally can’t see much wrong with that.
msn.com/en-gb/money/other/t … d=msedgntp

Like your comment about biting my nails whilst awaiting your reply :smiley: People bite their nails when they are nervous, nothing much to be nervous about awaiting another copy and pasted reply from yourself, perhaps waiting with baited breath might have been a better response :bulb:

Illegal Indian migrants to be deported. Talented young Indian workers to be allowed to work in the UK. Mobility and Migration Agreement will allow young Britons to work in India
Whats wrong with that?

msgyorkie:
Thousands face the boot in UK-India deal after Britain agrees to accept more students | Daily Mail Online

Illegal Indian migrants to be deported. Talented young Indian workers to be allowed to work in the UK. Mobility and Migration Agreement will allow young Britons to work in India
Whats wrong with that?

Doesn’t fit the narrative from remain that anyone who voted for Brexit is a racist :smiley: :smiley:

msgyorkie:
Thousands face the boot in UK-India deal after Britain agrees to accept more students | Daily Mail Online

Whats wrong with that?

If there are really 40k plus undocumented Indian immigrants in the UK now, as “estimated” how does this agreement change anything there?
How will it be easier to find them, or depth them in the future?
1 billion extra trade deal? Good. (If those estimates prove accurate)
But remember we were trading 290 billion with the EU in 2019.
An extra billion is good, but it really is not that much is it?

Franglais:

msgyorkie:

Whats wrong with that?

If there are really 40k plus undocumented Indian immigrants in the UK now, as “estimated” how does this agreement change anything there?

But trade with the EU hasn’t ended■■? We still trade with the EU but under different terms.

msgyorkie:

Franglais:

msgyorkie:

Whats wrong with that?

But trade with the EU hasn’t ended■■? We still trade with the EU but under different terms.

I never said trade with EU has ended.?
It seems it has dropped, but by how much is arguable, and it is early days yet. We don’t have the added obstruction of the UK import chechmks yet, either.
My point is trade of 1billion per year is not much at all. Paperwork cost alone due to Brexit estimated at 8 to 15 billion…
That is money paid for what exactly?
And the billion deal with India is an estimate, and is not a billion profit, but trade.

Palmerston Lives, oh Yes :smiley:

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57003069

The frogs threaten to blockade the port of St Helier and cut off Jersey’s Electricity so we have sent in a couple of gunboats. The row? the frogs can’t provide the right paperwork - lovely play them at their own game.

cav551:

The frogs threaten to blockade the port of St Helier and cut off Jersey’s Electricity so we have sent in a couple of gunboats. The row? the frogs can’t provide the right paperwork - lovely play them at their own game.

That did bring a wry smile the world champions of bureaucracy complaining at having to have the right paperwork :smiley: :smiley:

Mazzer2:

cav551:

That did bring a wry smile the world champions of bureaucracy complaining at having to have the right paperwork :smiley: :smiley:

Actually they have all the right paperwork, not necessarily in the right order. See Preview

Wheel Nut:

Mazzer2:

cav551:

Actually they have all the right paperwork, not necessarily in the right order. See Preview

https://youtu.be/uMPEUcVyJsc

Still ironic and worth a smile :smiley:

I stopped looking at this thread weeks ago, mostly because it’s became ■■■■ embarrasing and boring,.and because at least one of the regular contributors comes across as a one trick pony fanatical hysterical fruitcake, who quite frankly slightly frightens me …he doesn’t really I’m joking. :smiley:

My contribution is Hartlepool a strong Labour outpost for at least 50 years voted Tory. :open_mouth:
An electorate that was 70% for Brexit,.and who had a candidate who went against his constituency by being pro remain,.and wanting the Tedious Remainer second referendum. :unamused:
Coincidence or what, and it also makes a mockery of the …Leavers changing their minds ■■■■■■■■.

Taking cover hiding from the nutter. :open_mouth: :laughing:

> robroy:
> My contribution is Hartlepool a strong Labour outpost for at least 50 years voted Tory. :open_mouth:

Lovely Polish guy who runs a restaurant next door to my local in Penzance thesingingrooster.co.uk/ taught us a Polish Saying (in Polish) which I have forgotten and only remember the translation - which is quite apt - and went: “Not My Monkey, Not My Circus”.

I was listening to wake up to money on Radio 5 the other day. It was highlighting the growing confidence in the UK buisness sector. Just the other day I was reading about the 6% growth forecast year on year for the next 3 years. Yes i know its a bounceback from Covid lockdown but it highlights what is possibly a rosy future post Brexit.

There is a trend for our resident naysayers of doom and indestruction to copy and paste articles that elude negativity. But there is a trend in that these negative articles are from left wing commentators that were and still are firmly pro remain and therefore will always seek to give a heavily slanted view rather than a balanced outlook. I dont read the Guardian but have they ever done a pro brexit article??

I myself feel very positive and glad that I have voted for Brexit.

The only thing I have really noticed is with my online shopping order, they send grapes from Chile or India and not Spain, but they are tastier and cheaper.

Nah too much positivity creeping into this thread, it needs to get back to normal. :laughing: