Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

msgyorkie:
What do you want me to do…ring Boris up and have a heart to heart with him?
The fishing fleet that are losing out financially will be compensated for so no, 9 jobs are not on the line. Brexit: Fishing firms hold London protest over disruption - BBC News
We are in week 3 of the new way. There will be balls ups on paperwork untill the system is up and running. Its just when any ■■■■ up happens (and there will be more) the anti brexit mob on Trucknet whip themselves into frenzy.
Its almost like you want the ■■■■ ups to happen! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

So how long will the UK taxpayer be expected to subsidise a small industry that has been cut off from its only viable market?

A week, a month, a year, a decade?

There is no deal on ‘services’ between the UK and the EU…will we also be expected to keep international bankers in Porsches, and pay for their children to go to public school when they become ‘unviable’?

It would be nice to see a little humility from those who branded legitimate warnings about the consequences of Brexit as ‘Project Fear’.

But no J R-M, Farage, and BJ himself are all as arrogant and as stupid as ever. BJ overthrew the May deal, after first agreeing to it, then spent over a year negotiating a worse one.

And Labour is just as bad. Voted against May, then for BJ’s oven-ready stuffing of the UK.

Franglais:
Great Thunberg protests about climate change, some criticise her hair style.
Michael Foot protesting against Tory governance, is criticised for his jacket.
Someone on a protest…looking for publicity… is criticised for being too loud and showy.
Cutting incisive commentary, gentlemen.

Here’s some incisive commentary bud…50 or so seconds in, the guy sums up the whole Brexit situation in one sentence…

‘‘Everybody knew there would always be teething problems’’

No further questions m’lord.

Vote Leave.
“There will be no tariffs and minimal bureaucracy”

Johnson:
“Northern Ireland border absolutely unchanged”

I won’t go on.
If I promised yesterday to give you a hundred quid for a day’s work. And say tomorrow I’ll give you a tenner would that be OK?

Franglais:
Vote Leave.

Johnson:

I won’t go on.
If I promised yesterday to give you a hundred quid for a day’s work. And say tomorrow I’ll give you a tenner would that be OK?

:laughing:
I always find it amazing that you continuously try to put across your pseudo astonishment when politicians make false promises… :unamused:
News flash :bulb: … they have done that since time immemorial…and will continue to do so adinfinitum. :bulb: ,
It’s the nature of the beast, it’s what they do in every case of politics.

So in the meantime, those of us who know how things work just reluctantly endure it…what else can we do? you vote em out and the next lot take the baton and continue with it.
But if it makes you feel better by using these endless examples to perpetrate your tedious campaign to show your never ending displays of disapproval of Brexit,.then crack on.
The rest of us will just take it in our stride.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Conor:

Franglais:
And how foolish of hauliers to think of putting half a dozen 4 ton lots in one truck!

Are you actually in transport? I’m beginning to think you’re not. Hauliers offer you to either pay for a full lorry load whether you put on one pallet or 26 or offer you groupage which is cheaper but as these people have found out, means more risk of delays due to problems with one or more of the other part loads. No matter what you ship you don’t choose groupage if it’s time sensitive to the point that even delays of a few hours matter. If it’s that critical you pay for the full lorry.

Best give likes of HSF a bell then I’d say to inform them of what they are doing wrong. They, and others, have built an entire, big business on the back of food groupage

robroy:

Franglais:
Vote Leave.

Johnson:

I won’t go on.

[emoji38]
I always find it amazing that you continuously try to put across your pseudo astonishment when politicians make false promises… :unamused:
News flash :bulb: … they have done that since time immemorial…and will continue to do so adinfinitum. :bulb: ,

So in the meantime, those of us who know how things work just reluctantly endure it…what else can we do? you vote em out and the next lot take the baton and continue with it.
But if it makes you feel better by using these endless examples to perpetrate your tedious campaign to show your never ending displays of disapproval of Brexit,.then crack on.

I and others have said how much worse this current administration is compared to others before it. We have given examples of lies, deceit and cronyism.
You when asked haven’t shown anyone as bad.

So, if you want to be one of those who merely accepts without saying a word whatever is thrown at you, carry on. I won’t.
This really is the “new laid-back RobRoy”, isn’t it? Just roll over and take it.
No moans, no complaints…
Really ?
Is that all we deserve?

Nah you’re right Franglais.
In the last election where the 2 candidates consisted of The Unpredictable v The Unelectable,.we should all have went for the alternative.
Corbyn and Abbot were well known for their competence weren’t they ?..so much so that they got dropped like hot crap soon after.
And at least we would still be in the EU .
What was I thinking. :unamused:

Btw what do you mean ‘The new’’
I’ve always prided myself in being laid back.
I don’t get needlessly het up about things that I have absolutely NO bearing or control over,.and especially do not display petulance when things don’t go my way.
I look for a way to deal with things myself in my own way instead. :bulb:

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:
Vote Leave.

Johnson:

I won’t go on.

[emoji38]

I and others have said how much worse this current administration is compared to others before it. We have given examples of lies, deceit and cronyism.
You when asked haven’t shown anyone as bad.

So, if you want to be one of those who merely accepts without saying a word whatever is thrown at you, carry on. I won’t.
This really is the “new laid-back RobRoy”, isn’t it? Just roll over and take it.
No moans, no complaints…
Really ?
Is that all we deserve?

I dunno, I thought the Major Governnment of the mid '90s was worse than this shower of shiet.

Best give likes of HSF a bell then I’d say to inform them of what they are doing wrong. They, and others, have built an entire, big business on the back of food groupage quote …switchlogic…

yep, but that was before brexit and the new admin etc. also a group of cowboy drivers… ahh that reminds me didnt you… no never, silly me… :laughing: :exclamation:

msgyorkie:
I dunno, I thought the Major Governnment of the mid '90s was worse than this shower of shiet.

What? Worse than Blair’s middle class wing of a supposedlly working class party?
Or the Daddy of em all…Gordon ■■■■ Brown. :laughing: :laughing:
As I said all the same, some worse than others.

gotta be said rob, NEW LABOUR the best conservative govt ever… :unamused: :astonished:

p.s. you spelt blair wrong it’s BLIAR … what a ■■■■■■ he is… :imp:

m.a.n rules:
gotta be said rob, NEW LABOUR the best conservative govt ever… :unamused: :astonished:

Aye, well put.

The fishing sector voted Out, now they are out.
Careful what you wish for eh lads and lasses!

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

OwenMoney:
There is an owner operator with £1 million invested in his trawler unable to sell his catch and pay the bills due to stupid brexit and wether he voted leave or remain it will be a catastrophe for him and his 9 self employed fishermen and their families.

Go land it in Denmark then like some of the others have started doing.

switchlogic:
Best give likes of HSF a bell then I’d say to inform them of what they are doing wrong. They, and others, have built an entire, big business on the back of food groupage

No, HSF built an entire big business off running as bent as hell, if you bothered with the drivers hours you were the exception. I used to work with two drivers who used to drive for them, they’d been running bent for so long they had no clue what any of the drivers hours were. Both got fired from Reed Boardall at a time RB would take anyone on no matter how bad because of how often they were getting infringements.

Conor:

OwenMoney:
There is an owner operator with £1 million invested in his trawler unable to sell his catch and pay the bills due to stupid brexit and wether he voted leave or remain it will be a catastrophe for him and his 9 self employed fishermen and their families.

Do that with all the fish destined for the EU market and bypass all the fish processors and hauliers in the UK then?

Conor:

OwenMoney:

Fair enough - i am glad i am not having to bob across the north sea is a little boat - and go back just to land the catch and get it to a market without it going off due to Brexit delays. More costs and less profits - but it is a solution.
I prefer the north sea on a big assed ferry thanks.

Historically our local boats in West Cornwall have often landed their catch in Bretagne/Brittany and Breton boats have landed in Newlyn / Grand Bretagne.

I guess the Bretons won’t be landing in Newlyn for a while but the Cornish will probably continue landing in Brittany.

Bretagne (Britain in English) / Grand Bretagne (Big Britain in English)

I wonder for how long The Big Britain name will hold as the Union unravels & whether the English will use it or allow it to fall out of use

Conor:

switchlogic:

No, HSF built an entire big business off running as bent as hell, if you bothered with the drivers hours you were the exception. I used to work with two drivers who used to drive for them, they’d been running bent for so long they had no clue what any of the drivers hours were. Both got fired from Reed Boardall at a time RB would take anyone on no matter how bad because of how often they were getting infringements.

Ah yes of course, they used to carry fresh air around. If everyone who claimed to be running bent for HSF actually worked for HSF it would be the biggest transport company in the world. But hey, Conor ‘I once met someone’ knows best of course…except on this thread where you are sounding utterly clueless. Are you actually in transport? Because I’m beginning to think you’re not :wink: