Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

Conor:

Franglais:
And how foolish of hauliers to think of putting half a dozen 4 ton lots in one truck!

Are you actually in transport? I’m beginning to think you’re not. Hauliers offer you to either pay for a full lorry load whether you put on one pallet or 26 or offer you groupage which is cheaper but as these people have found out, means more risk of delays due to problems with one or more of the other part loads. No matter what you ship you don’t choose groupage if it’s time sensitive to the point that even delays of a few hours matter. If it’s that critical you pay for the full lorry.

If you’re paying to send a truck to Madrid the cost is spread across 24t or 4t of goods. The ferries, tolls, wages, are the same. There may be 10% or so difference in diesel?
For years they have grouped these loads with little problem. Only one thing has changed.

ah but the thing is they KNEW that things would change

and funny how only

He said one operator needed 400 pages of export documentation last week to board a ferry to the EU.

400 pages :question: :question: :question: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

The driver won’t have 400 pieces of paper, but maybe 400 pages were raised for a groupage load.
DHL UPS etc are having problems with this.
My first collection last week had
CMR, DAE, Ex1, Facture, Bon Livraison.
1+8+8+1+2=20 pages. Some of our collections will need a vet cert and or cert of origin too.
One client might have 3 or 4 delivery points.
One client might have 20 or more different products on one pallet, for one delivery. One CMR, but extra sheets on DAE Ex1 etc.
The generic description we used to put on CMRs will no longer be good enough.
When I reach the port it will all be represented by one bar code, but that hides all the work and expense behind it.
Ed look at this exporter
theguardian.com/politics/20 … businesses

They have come begging for a bail out from the tory magic money tree despite the fact that most of them voted to cause this. I bet they get it too

Boris Johnson blames seafood exporters ‘not filling in the right forms’ for post-Brexit sales crash

OwenMoney:
Boris Johnson blames seafood exporters ‘not filling in the right forms’ for post-Brexit sales crash

The hidden costs of Brexit:
UK supermarket shelves are stripped bare of ball point pens!
NHS goes into meltdown with RSI operations!

Reporting 14 protesters have been fined for breaking Covid restrictions.

Well i don’t care — Where is the sodding Unicorn and chips i ordered ? Side order of rainbow over sunlit uplands please Boris

I see there were more boatloads of immigrants crossing the other day.

Have they not heard the news that we’re a sovereign coastal state? And that we can just deport them ba… oh…

toonsy:
I see there were more boatloads of immigrants crossing the other day.

Have they not heard the news that we’re a sovereign coastal state? And that we can just deport them ba… oh…

Immigrants laughing and shouting “Hooray I’ve got my “leave to remain” granted!”
Will soon be up there with “Hooray, I’ve won the raffle for a ticket on the Titanic!”

Todays protest is Franglais ■■■■■■■■■ come true. You must have been rubbing your hands together when this kicked off! :smiley: :smiley:

msgyorkie:
Todays protest is Franglais ■■■■■■■■■ come true. You must have been rubbing your hands together when this kicked off! :smiley: :smiley:

Really ?
Is that all you can say ?
There is an owner operator with £1 million invested in his trawler unable to sell his catch and pay the bills due to stupid brexit and wether he voted leave or remain it will be a catastrophe for him and his 9 self employed fishermen and their families.

What do you want me to do…ring Boris up and have a heart to heart with him?
The fishing fleet that are losing out financially will be compensated for so no, 9 jobs are not on the line. Brexit: Fishing firms hold London protest over disruption - BBC News
We are in week 3 of the new way. There will be balls ups on paperwork untill the system is up and running. Its just when any ■■■■ up happens (and there will be more) the anti brexit mob on Trucknet whip themselves into frenzy.
Its almost like you want the ■■■■ ups to happen! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

[quote="msgyorkie"We are in week 3 of the new way. There will be balls ups on paperwork untill the system is up and running. Its just when any ■■■■ up happens (and there will be more) the anti brexit mob on Trucknet whip themselves into frenzy.
Its almost like you want the ■■■■ ups to happen! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:[/quote]

No, I don’t think any of us do, BUT we are fed up with you listening to you over the last 4 years calling our concerns & predictions over what is happening now as ‘Project Fear’

AND furthermore, the UK versions of Trump’s USA media blame Brussels, whereas ■■■■■■■■ is responsible and there is no way to escape that reality.

■■■■■■■■ is responsible, regardless of what Rupert Murdoch says in the SUN & along with his other Billionaire Tax Avoiding Mates in the EXPRESS & DAILY MAIL.

A reminder of July 2020 estimate by the Gov
ft.com/content/fbc6f191-6d6 … a6e48a9a1e
7 billion quid per year in customs docs. Deal or no deal. 215millikn docs raised. 215 million docs cleared.
On going costs every year not teething problems.
Now thing should get smoother than they are now, but those ongoing costs are there permanently. They either cost we consumers more, or make our exports more expensive cutting profits or making customers look elsewhere.
Will the Gov compensate everyone for the extra cost of living, and for every lost job, or lost profits? Of course not. And it isn’t Johnson paying compensation to fishers. It is us, the tax payers again.
Once again real money is being lost to prove the Brexit dreams are just that: dreams and hollow promises.

weeto:
Fishing protest: Seafood protesters fined after London Brexit demonstration | The Herald

In the 2nd video at 39 seconds it seems that A M Shellfish doesn’t care and is only there to willy wave his manual V8 Scania with side pipes and demonstrate how to set off using every split whilst constantly blipping the throttle unnecessarily, thinking it somehow makes him look cool. :unamused: What a cocksocket.

Mick Bracewell:

weeto:
Fishing protest: Seafood protesters fined after London Brexit demonstration | The Herald

In the 2nd video at 39 seconds it seems that A M Shellfish doesn’t care and is only there to willy wave his manual V8 Scania with side pipes and demonstrate how to set off using every split whilst constantly blipping the throttle unnecessarily, thinking it somehow makes him look cool. :unamused: What a cocksocket.

:laughing:
I love those types :laughing: they’re thinking to themselves …
, ‘‘Everybody’s watching me, thinking COOL’’ :sunglasses: :unamused:

Yep everybody’s watching you mate, but the four letter word starting with a ‘C’ they’re thinking ain’t…'‘COOL’ :laughing:

robroy:

Mick Bracewell:

weeto:

Yep everybody’s watching you mate, but the four letter word starting with a ‘C’ they’re thinking ain’t…'‘COOL’ :laughing:

The man himself at 30 seconds : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3mtX_a4u8&ab_channel=AFPNewsAgency

Great Thunberg protests about climate change, some criticise her hair style.
Michael Foot protesting against Tory governance, is criticised for his jacket.
Someone on a protest…looking for publicity… is criticised for being too loud and showy.
Cutting incisive commentary, gentlemen.

And the good news?
Extra waiting time for docs equals free coffee for me!
Less work achieved every day, extra cost for companies, price hikes for all, but I got a coffee!
What could possibly go wrong?

Mick Bracewell:

robroy:

Mick Bracewell:

weeto:

The man himself at 30 seconds : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl3mtX_a4u8&ab_channel=AFPNewsAgency

And at 0.25, hiding behind the Newcastle United mask…

Did anybody see Rob Yesterday?