Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

It’s Official- Brexit is a myth!
Even Johnson, the scholar of old foreign fairy tales, (what a wonderful qualification for a leader) has now said that the fishing industry has an El-Dorado to look forward to.
A mythical place.
independent.co.uk/news/uk/p … 90035.html

And is this article an accurate picture of transport in Northern Ireland?
“Plea for financial assistance as Northern Irish truckers ‘hammered’ by Brexit red tape | The Independent” independent.co.uk/news/uk/p … 5.html?amp
N.I companies moving goods via Irish companies to avoid extra documents? Under supply of certain goods? Eire hauliers taking what was NI work?
Problems are not merely teething issues, but will be on going because of the ipso facto border between NI and the mainland.

Cant see the point of all this arguing on here as to who or what is right/wrong.
Quoting figures, statistics, what politicians have said then and now.

It’s DONE, just get on with it.

I’m the other side of the stream, bringing dairy products and poultry products to the UK,
along with alcoholic goods and food stuffs from Spain.
Fresh produce has more controls than your every day groupage load, so we have loads more paperwork.

We’ve had teething problems, of course but would say 95% runs smoothly.

We also bring back to France dairy produce like Cheddar etc.
and the controls for that in France IMO are stricter.

All I can say is, if the paperwork is in order, there’s nothing to worry about

Franglais:
“Plea for financial assistance as Northern Irish truckers ‘hammered’ by Brexit red tape | The Independent” independent.co.uk/news/uk/p … 5.html?amp
N.I companies moving goods via Irish companies to avoid extra documents? Under supply of certain goods? Eire hauliers taking what was NI work?
Problems are not merely teething issues, but will be on going because of the ipso facto border between NI and the mainland.

Don’t think the bit about Irish hauliers taking Northern Irish work is true the transport system in Ireland works as one regardless of who lifts the load the documentation is the same, wherever you load on the island of Ireland there will be both Northern and Southern firms loading along side you, plenty of firms have lorries registered in the two countries so for example Hannon has his fleet with Northern and Southern plates. European loads are going direct so nothing to do with coming into the UK, loads into the UK are plenty, there is a shortage of loads going back to Ireland but that applies to the whole of Ireland not just the North partly due to stockpiling and partly to do with paperwork, if you read the Irish press you’ll see that Irish firms are making the same complaint as Northern ones the problem applies to the whole of Ireland as they are in the same customs set up
But it’s nice to see the Independent add a bit of friction by saying work is being taken by another country’s hauliers at least the journalist will be now be on Sinn Fein’s christmas card list trouble is once you’re on that list it’s very hard to get off it so don’t expect to see anymore “balanced” articles from this journalist :smiley:

Franglais:

Yeh but c’mon Franglais,.we ALL know you’re really secretly loving all this, go on admit it. :wink: :smiley:

pierrot 14:
Cant see the point of all this arguing on here as to who or what is right/wrong.

They can’t. They are Trucknet’s ‘‘intellectual colossi’’.
They know so much more than mere governments.
Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Rishi Sunak, Priti Patel and the remainder of the Tory team: Idiots! All of them.
Whereas Trucknet’s intellectual colossi are employed in an arena where workers ■■■■-in-bottles, ■■■-in-bags, or hide in, under or amongst trailers, trees, bushes and hedges going to the toilet more like dogs than humans [should]; and where ‘actual’ shower/toilet facilities exist, their use is in a manner no different to convicts or squaddies: used by all-and-sundry [the very thought of which makes me feel ill]. And all this as part of living --their one and only life-- in a little box-on-wheels.

An overall experience that Trucknet’s intellectual colossi call a ‘‘lifestyle choice’’ or a case ‘‘living the dream’’.

Now then, ‘hands up’ those who want to live like Franglais, Switchlogic & Co, or ‘hands up’ those who want to live like Boris, Rees-Mogg & Co.
Considering the abject, loathsome and unmitigated disaster of those who choose to live like trampers, who would want such inept fools running this [or any] country?

Truck drivers telling others where those others have gone wrong: is that the ultimate irony?

alte hase:

pierrot 14:

Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Rishi Sunak, Priti Patel and the remainder of the Tory team: Idiots! All of them.
Whereas Trucknet’s intellectual colossi are employed in an arena where workers ■■■■-in-bottles, ■■■-in-bags, or hide in, under or amongst trailers, trees, bushes and hedges going to the toilet more like dogs than humans [should]; and where ‘actual’ shower/toilet facilities exist, their use is in a manner no different to convicts or squaddies: used by all-and-sundry [the very thought of which makes me feel ill]. And all this as part of living --their one and only life-- in a little box-on-wheels.

An overall experience that Trucknet’s intellectual colossi call a ‘‘lifestyle choice’’ or a case ‘‘living the dream’’.

Now then, ‘hands up’ those who want to live like Franglais, Switchlogic & Co, or ‘hands up’ those who want to live like Boris, Rees-Mogg & Co.
Considering the abject, loathsome and unmitigated disaster of those who choose to live like trampers, who would want such inept fools running this [or any] country?

Truck drivers telling others where those others have gone wrong: is that the ultimate irony?

Obviously had a bad experience tramping then, as has been pointed out previously being a tramper does not mean having to live like a tramp you don’t have to take the meaning literally

Mazzer2:

alte hase:

pierrot 14:

Obviously had a bad experience tramping then, as has been pointed out previously being a tramper does not mean having to live like a tramp you don’t have to take the meaning literally

Maybe his dad was a tramper?
Will he tell us? Does he know?

Franglais:
quote]Maybe his dad was a tramper?
Will he tell us? Does he know?

So many possible answers to that question but most would probably result in a ban :smiley:

Doubtless things will smooth out later on. The charges for private imports from the EU will doubtless get here much quicker in the future.
“Brexit: ‘I was asked to pay an extra £82 for my £200 coat’ - BBC News” bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-55734277

alte hase:

Are you actually a driver yourself?.. or do you just listen to ■■■■■■■■ spouted by those who know the far end of ■■■■ all about the job,
Granted there are one or two who treat the job as you say, but I personally do not know of any myself, then again I avoid low life in the same way I avoid d/heads who don’t know wtf they are taling about. :bulb:
Put it this way,.I’ve tramped most of my life, and the job actually was like that,.I for one would not be doing it.
Your quote…‘‘Live like trampers’’ illustrates your misguided view of the job. :unamused:
Try a bit of research into the real world of the job next time.before you start spouting more ■■■■■■■■. :unamused:

Then you go on to insult the whole British Army,.equating them to convicts :open_mouth: …you’re on fire mate, unbelievable. :laughing: :laughing:

Thing is you make a good point drivers ain’t qualified to be politicians, but do you have to be so bloody offensive to make your point?

Franglais:
Doubtless things will smooth out later on. The charges for private imports from the EU will doubtless get here much quicker in the future.
“Brexit: ‘I was asked to pay an extra £82 for my £200 coat’ - BBC News” bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-55734277

And so it goes on…(and on and on) :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously mate, you do make some good points on this site from time to time, but you’re starting to become a caricature of yourself :bulb: .
On the other hand it gives me a laugh. :smiley:

robroy:

Franglais:

And so it goes on…(and on and on) :laughing: :laughing:

Seriously mate, you do make some good points on this site from time to time, but you’re starting to become a caricature of yourself :bulb: .
On the other hand it gives me a laugh. :smiley:

When I read this on the BBC news site this morning I had a chuckle and just knew our friend would jump on this. Congrats Franglais you lived up to my expectation! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Whats your thoughts on this one then Franglais. UK held to ransom by the EU as it refuses to help clear ports until PM drops 'Singapore on Thames' | Daily Mail Online
EU playing the Big Bully card?

> msgyorkie:
> Whats your thoughts on this one then Franglais. UK held to ransom by the EU as it refuses to help clear ports until PM drops 'Singapore on Thames' | Daily Mail Online
> EU playing the Big Bully card?

It never ceases to amaze me how after leading the calls for Brexit, now that we have it and it’s going ■■■■ Up, The Daily Mail now tries to pass the buck to the EU for the problems of Brexit.

The problems that have been known & warned about since before 26.5% of the UK population voted for it in 2016.

whisperingsmith:
The problems that have been known & warned about since before 26.5% of the UK population voted for it in 2016.

… or 52% of those who bothered their arses to vote. Ain’t spin great? You can make it sound whichever way you lean.

msgyorkie:
Whats your thoughts on this one then Franglais. UK held to ransom by the EU as it refuses to help clear ports until PM drops 'Singapore on Thames' | Daily Mail Online
EU playing the Big Bully card?

So the Gov are saying it is “completely free flowing” and also that there are back logs?

Could we take them to court if we don’t like their behaviour? Which one?

We need the EU to change how They do things, to free Our ports?
So much for a friction free border?
So much for us standing on our own two feet as an independent country…

Summat goes wrong, blame someone else.

Franglais:

I guess the poor lady will have to buy a coat from a British firm instead. How terrible.

A government spokesperson said: "The new VAT model ensures goods from EU and non-EU countries are treated in the same way and that UK businesses are not disadvantaged by competition from VAT-free imports.

“The new system also addresses the problem of overseas sellers failing to pay the right amount of VAT when they sell goods in the UK. We anticipate this will bring in £300m in tax every year, to fund essential UK public services.”

Winder how many of that 52% have now departed this mortal coil? The exit vote did seem to have an older demographic.

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

Perhaps not as many of the younger 48% who’s angst ridden bodies have been found slumped beside empty Paracetamol bottles!