Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:
It ain’t all about YOU you know.

Hooray ! We agree!
So no more posts including references to obsession/calm down/hatred and other feelings you attribute to a poster?
Let`s hope so.

Hatred ? :laughing:
There are only about 3 people I.actually ‘hate’ in this world mate…all for [zb] good reasons.
You don’t even come anywhere near that category.
Irritating, mildly annoying, bizarrely enigmatic maybe, but subject of hatred? :open_mouth:
As I said you are vastly over estimating your relevance. :unamused:

You really need to stop playing the victim card mate.
As you keep reminding me it’s a forum .

Easy to see who really thinks "Its all about me!" isnt it?
I didnt say you were hateful of anyone. I did say you attributed hate to others, specifically me. I dont know whether or not you have hate for others and haven`t commented on such.

Bur if we just stick to the subject…in this case Brexit…then all this confusion can be avoided, can`t it?

Franglais:

robroy:

Franglais:

robroy:
It ain’t all about YOU you know.

Hooray ! We agree!
So no more posts including references to obsession/calm down/hatred and other feelings you attribute to a poster?
Let`s hope so.

Hatred ? :laughing:
There are only about 3 people I.actually ‘hate’ in this world mate…all for [zb] good reasons.
You don’t even come anywhere near that category.
Irritating, mildly annoying, bizarrely enigmatic maybe, but subject of hatred? :open_mouth:
As I said you are vastly over estimating your relevance. :unamused:

You really need to stop playing the victim card mate.
As you keep reminding me it’s a forum .

Easy to see who really thinks "Its all about me!" isnt it?
I didnt say you were hateful of anyone. I did say you attributed hate to others, SPECIFICALLY ME I dont know whether or not you have hate for others and haven`t commented on such.

Bur if we just stick to the subject…in this case Brexit…then all this confusion can be avoided, can`t it?

:laughing: :laughing:
So you are still playing the victim then despite me refuting any adverse feelings, (or in fact any feelings of any kind) I have towards you,. :unamused:

Then the piece de resistance Rodders, …in terms of shear irony … you go on to try and give me advice and directions on how the conversation should go,.DESPITE continuously telling me how a forum works. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: …and after it was YOU who went off the topic to display self pity.
Seriously mate …get a ■■■■ life.

Like I said…Bizarrely enigmatic,.and not in a good way .
How’s that for a …quote: '‘comment on your mental state’?
If you have a problem with me go running to the mods,I’m sure ‘‘Mr Brexitstan’’ :unamused: will back you up judging by his previous comment.

Go for it .I really CGA (flying) F.

Try reading the post, again.

Franglais:
Try reading the post, again.

I have. :unamused:
Ok I got the ‘to’ and ‘towards’ confused admittedly.
Never been afraid to admit if I’m wrong,.so I apologise (while eating my slice of humble pie.)
I’m so used to just speed reading through your posts. :smiley:
Tbf you have chucked accusations implying bullying to me before,.although I suspect you are as big snd resilient towards knocks as I am,.which is why I find it a bit ridiculous.

Anyhow, if you want to accept it or chuck it back at me…up to you.

So back to normal…
If you are so keen to keep on topic, answer my initial question that you chose to ignore…
What is your motive and reason for prolonging this thread, keeping on belly aching about Brexit,.and what exactly do you hope to achieve by prolonging the constant and perpetual complaining about it.

Misunderstanding cleared up then. :smiley:

So, I find Brexit interesting.
I post about it.
Simples.

I believe you and others post about footie and such like? I dont. But I dont feel the need to call you all obsessives, or say youre shouting into the wind because the footie managers dont listen to you. I dont tell you to do summat else with your lives. I dont repeatedly demand an explanation from you for your behaviour, nor try to control you and your posts in a subject that doesn`t interest me.

Try it.

Zen.

Franglais:

I post about it.
Simples.

I believe you and others post about footie and such like? I dont. But I dont feel the need to call you all obsessives, or say youre shouting into the wind because the footie managers dont listen to you. I dont tell you to do summat else with your lives. I dont repeatedly demand an explanation from you for your behaviour, nor try to control you and your posts in a subject that doesn`t interest me.

Try it.

Zen.

I know mate, but it’s like ■■■■■■■ in the wind, nothing is going to change by a couple of random truckers complaining about it constantly at every opportunity,.and trying (unsucessfully) to ‘prove’ their point to those with an opposing view.
Yeah,.I talk a lot about football., but I don’t try and convince others they are backing and supporting the wrong team,. and should be Newcastle fans, or telling them they are wrong following their clubs…or constantly come on moaning about a certain game or games that were played years ago that we lost.
I move on and look forward to the next ones…that is the difference.

(Btw I never knew your first name was Zen.)

Zaccarius.
:smiley:

Franglais:

I post about it.
Simples.

Try it.

Zen.

Problem with your analogy above is you are selective about what you post regarding Brexit.

Anything negative towards Brexit and you are all over it like a rash. But anything from the other side, like what I called you out on earlier, then you are no-where to be seen with your links and articles. After all, I thought you post in this thread for the sake of ‘discussion’? It’s not discussion if you are only going to discuss one side.

Let’s face it, had the story yesterday been that the UK had fallen into recession and the Eurozone countries hadn’t, we all know you wouldn’t have been able to get here fast enough with the link and story in your never ending obsession to prove you are right.

robroy:
nothing is going to change by a couple of random truckers complaining about it constantly at every opportunity,.and trying (unsucessfully) to ‘prove’ their point to those with an opposing view.

And where have I said that I will change the world, or Brexit?
I talk about Brexit here, partly because I don`t like talking into an echo chamber.

Nice to have a conversation, rather than a shouting match with others of a different view. That is the idea anyways.

tmcassett:

Franglais:

I post about it.
Simples.

Try it.

Zen.

Problem with your analogy above is you are selective about what you post regarding Brexit.

Anything negative towards Brexit and you are all over it like a rash. But anything from the other side, like what I called you out on earlier, then you are no-where to be seen with your links and articles. After all, I thought you post in this thread for the sake of ‘discussion’? It’s not discussion if you are only going to discuss one side.

Let’s face it, had the story yesterday been that the UK had fallen into recession and the Eurozone countries hadn’t, we all know you wouldn’t have been able to get here fast enough with the link and story in your never ending obsession to prove you are right.

On many, many occasions I and others have invited examples of “Brexit Benefits”. There haven`t been many.

DEBATE:
a formal discussion on a particular matter in a public meeting or legislative assembly, in which opposing arguments are put forward and which usually ends with a vote.

I choose to put forward my point of view.
You are free to put forward your point of view.

I have never pretended to be an unbiased commentator.
In criticising me are you setting yourself up as a neutral commentator?
Are your posts all equally balanced pro/anti?

Franglais:

So as a lot of us suspected, you are just here for a whingefest because a democratic vote didn’t go your way.

tmcassett:

Franglais:

So as a lot of us suspected, you are just here for a whingefest because a democratic vote didn’t go your way.

I apologise.

Its just that I got fed-up with you Brexiteers always on here ramming all the Brexit success stories down our throats. I am so fed up with the constant drop in food prices, the way we have overtaken all other world economies, seeing my savings expand to make me even richer. Yep, youre right. I really am a sad individual, and should learn to accept all of these advantages with a smile.

There you go then.

Franglais:
I apologise.

I am so fed up with the constant drop in food prices, the way we have overtaken all other world economies, seeing my savings expand to make me even richer.
Yep, you`re right. I really am a sad individual, and should learn to accept all of these advantages with a smile.

There you go then.

And you think 90 pages and 7 years on a lorry drivers forum is going to solve all those things you are unhappy with?

tmcassett:

Franglais:

GIve him some space here:

People like me moan a lot because the democratic vote DID go our way (Eg. Brexit) but then wasn’t acted upon, installed, implemented, etc with any “Teething Troubles” ironed out before the next “Divisive Issue” came along…

…Which was the government’s handling of COVID…
I personally hate the Tories for the way they handled a pretty harmless “Stronger-than-normal Cold Strain” into a global economic disaster now added to be a 2nd “wrong response” to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

We’ve had a disease with a 0.2% mortality rate swapped for
(1) Increased suicide rate
(2) Increased Bankruptcies
(3) Increased Family Break-ups
and
(4) Increased Distrust in each other

then added to it with

(5) Decreased voting options at elections
(6) Voting process - now fully rigged in all countries with a firm deep-state irremovable unelected establishment (“Whitehall”)
(7) Increased inflation by CHOICE to destroy people’s savings, get their houses re-possessed, but NO help from LABOUR in “defaulting debts advice” to the masses… Odd that!

(8) Increased national indebtedness to countries that are our mortal enemies in the international community
(9) Making a pariah out of a former neutral-friendly nation that could have sold us cheap gas in particular, had we not gone to proxy war against it without even consulting Parliament beforehand, let alone the British People…

The 2019 election should have been “Vote Corbyn if you don’t want to go to war with Russia, and do more for Palestinans instead”.
Corbyn got crushed in 2019 - because his own party stabbed him in the back, just like Trump’s “RINO” Republicans did to him in the 2020 election…

Now Boris has been crushed by the same machine, but as someone who voted for him in 2019 - “I don’t care anymore, because of his stance on Ukraine”…
Without the support of people like me - there’s no coming back for Boris this time.
Corbyn though? - He was the only one who argued we should “avoid war with Russia”.
No WONDER Keir Starmer wants him dead and buried… Already booted out of Labour…
Wouldn’t it be funny if Corbyn stands on a Reform Party ticket at the next election - with more chance of HIS coming back than Boris at this point?

C’mon Corbynites on here - Would you vote for him again - on a RP ticket? :stuck_out_tongue:

Winseer:

tmcassett:

Franglais:

People like me moan a lot because the democratic vote DID go our way (Eg. Brexit) but then wasn’t acted upon, installed, implemented, etc with any “Teething Troubles” ironed out before the next “Divisive Issue” came along…

Same principle applies. Whining about it won’t change anything.

We all know we never got the Brexit a lot of us were hoping for, mainly down to the fact that none of those in power across all parties wanted it and here we are today.

tmcassett:

Winseer:

tmcassett:

Franglais:

We all know we never got the Brexit a lot of us were hoping for, mainly down to the fact that none of those in power across all parties wanted it and here we are today.

What Brexit were you wanting? What should the govt have done? We were promised a great trade deal with the US - it never happened because the US arn’t interested in a trade deal with a little country like ours. Nothing to do with the government being “remainer”.

JeffA:

tmcassett:

What Brexit were you wanting? What should the govt have done? We were promised a great trade deal with the US - it never happened because the US arn’t interested in a trade deal with a little country like ours. Nothing to do with the government being “remainer”.

Never mentioned anything about trade deals with the USA. I was hoping for simple things like immigration control & actually putting the people of the UK first and foremost over others, you know in the way countries like the USA & Australia do. Things the government could control if they really wanted.

It’s only the leftie media who peddle the narrative that we are all raging right wing racists who believe in “magic money tree’s” and “unicorns” for actually wanting to put the UK & it’s people first.

And the vast majority of politicians across all parties are “remainers” who never wanted to leave, that much is obvious from the actions (or lack of them) in the last 7 years.

Cat & Pigeons scenario ?

In the unlikely event some kind of alliance and/or new party does come off… Will it have any effect,.or at least send a message to those in power who are merely going through the motions in a half arsed way, to try and make it look as if they ARE carrying out the will of the democratic vote…(quite unsuccessfully to those who have open eyes and can see what is really going on btw.)
youtu.be/s-4ElfoiVfw

robroy:
Cat & Pigeons scenario ?

In the unlikely event some kind of alliance and/or new party does come off… Will it have any effect,.or at least send a message to those in power who are merely going through the motions in a half arsed way, to try and make it look as if they ARE carrying out the will of the democratic vote…(quite unsuccessfully to those who have open eyes and can see what is really going on btw.)
youtu.be/s-4ElfoiVfw

“Carrying out the will of a democratic vote”
What more should they do?

YOU have repeatedly said that Brexit is done and I should shut up. Now youre saying it hasnt been done?

We have a points based system for immigration. Foreigners can come in to take well paid jobs, but not poorly paid jobs.

We are out of the EU customs area so have extra admin costs, more expensive imports and less competitive exports.

We are out of the free movement zone, so have longer queues at borders and can`t get jobs or retire in Europe so easily.

We are out of the zone where financial data is exchanged, so tax evaders have an easier time of it.

We have less information exchanged between police forces so criminals have an easier time.

Youre wrong to say Brexit hasnt worked well.
It has worked well for those who wanted it the most!

tmcassett:
Never mentioned anything about trade deals with the USA. I was hoping for simple things like immigration control & actually putting the people of the UK first and foremost over others, you know in the way countries like the USA & Australia do. Things the government could control if they really wanted.

It’s only the leftie media who peddle the narrative that we are all raging right wing racists who believe in “magic money tree’s” and “unicorns” for actually wanting to put the UK & it’s people first.

And the vast majority of politicians across all parties are “remainers” who never wanted to leave, that much is obvious from the actions (or lack of them) in the last 7 years

We now do have a points based immigration system. That has happened.
What hasnt happened is that being the "magic bullet" solution that was suggested by some. Migration is an issue, but Brexit isnt the solution to it.

Most politicians were remainers.
Most politicians were and are for a better UK for all citizens.

The Farages and Johnsons of this world will spit out anything (and do it very well and persuasively) to win votes.
There are many problems facing the UK, and them offering a single enemy in the UK rallied many different elements together. It was promised to be a cure for everything.

Complex problems always have a simple cure, that is always wrong.

Franglais:

robroy:
Cat & Pigeons scenario ?

youtu.be/s-4ElfoiVfw

“Carrying out the will of a democratic vote”
What more should they do?

YOU have repeatedly said that Brexit is done and I should shut up. Now youre saying it hasnt been done?

We have a points based system for immigration. Foreigners can come in to take well paid jobs, but not poorly paid jobs.

We are out of the EU customs area so have extra admin costs, more expensive imports and less competitive exports.

We are out of the free movement zone, so have longer queues at borders and can`t get jobs or retire in Europe so easily.

We are out of the zone where financial data is exchanged, so tax evaders have an easier time of it.

We have less information exchanged between police forces so criminals have an easier time.

Youre wrong to say Brexit hasnt worked well.
It has worked well for those who wanted it the most!

As I’ve said before mate, I ain’t gonna get in a hand to hand fight with you about politics, and specifics,. as you are into it far more deeply than me, where as I am just a casual observer on the periphary in comparison.
I do not share your devout enthusiasm…I am pleased to say. :smiley:

On this particular point I brought up,.(and IF it comes off), anything that is going to point out to these ■■■■■ that we ain’t as stupid as they think, and that we know exactly their underhand tactics, in terms of making our independence from the EU a success, is good enough for me.

Btw you say Farage and Johnson will say whatever just to gain votes…
You have just described the nature of the beast of every politician at every level since time immemorial and counting, so why single those two out just because YOU detest one and have entirely different opposing views to the other. :unamused: