Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

JeffA:
That 25% stil looking good with the cost of everything going through the roof? I wouldve thoughtht the heating bill alone wouldve taken that 25%.

Yeah good point, well made. I forgot that it’s only post Brexit Britain that has seen price increases. What was I thinking?

Franglais:
Maybe Brexit has increased your wages. How do you link the two?.

Really? Are you really asking that? :smiley: You do realise that denial isn’t a river running through Egypt don’t you?

Franglais:
So, from previous posts you dont want new entrants to the UK to receive NHS care. Now you say you dont want those who may have paid in for 50 years, but retired abroad (freeing up housing and taking weight off of services) to receive care.
This does seem consistent with you saying that you take pleasure from the pain of others.

I don’t remember saying that I don’t want new entrants to the UK to receive NHS care, but I’m sure that you are sad enough to trawl through years of previous posts to find the damning evidence.

What I think about new entrants to the UK re health care is exactly the same as if I required healthcare in the US; I’d have to pay a fortune or I’d have to take out insurance. Are you suggesting that those who have contributed nothing should receive healthcare that is in short supply, perhaps denying someone who has paid into the system all of their lives much needed treatment?

On second thoughts you probably are because as a dyed in the wool bleeding heart liberal who has at best a tenuous grasp on the harsh realities of the world you, like others of your ilk are happy to snipe from the wings but don’t possess the minerals to actually stand up and be counted less it causes you physical harm or distress.

the maoster:

Franglais:

Really? Are you really asking that? :smiley: You do realise that denial isn’t a river running through Egypt don’t you?

…It is - if you only speak Patois. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, and Brexit has increased Zero Hours workers wages - by quite a bit, which has forced full timer’s rates higher with it.

Shame that “inflation” has wiped such gains out since though.
Inflation mostly caused by the government refusing to buy cheap energy from Russia, and sabotaging the EU-benefiting pipeline themselves making the road back to “low inflation” now impossible to achieve this side of WWIII.

JeffA:
That 25% stil looking good with the cost of everything going through the roof? I wouldve thoughtht the heating bill alone wouldve taken that 25%.

If imagining the reactions of strangers is worth £100 billion to you then good luck.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Bless you, you think that the energy crisis we’ve seen over the last year was caused by Brexit?

And it not like the rampant inflation that countries all over the world have seen (including all the EU one’s) have been affected by … I don’t know, a supposed pandemic and 18 months of unnecessary lockdowns. :unamused:

If the Left could just get outraged by the Great Reset, the New World Order, and the confiscation of EVERYTHING that even the Left ever owned…

Where’s the OUTRAGE thus far though?

There’s still millions of Lefties out there trolling the Right for “Conspiracy Theories” that the above somehow “isn’t real” because the luvvy mainstream media moguls - have said so!

tmcassett:

JeffA:

If imagining the reactions of strangers is worth £100 billion to you then good luck.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Bless you, you think that the energy crisis we’ve seen over the last year was caused by Brexit?

And it not like the rampant inflation that countries all over the world have seen (including all the EU one’s) have been affected by … I don’t know, a supposed pandemic and 18 months of unnecessary lockdowns. :unamused:

Have all countries been affected by Covid, and many affected by the Russian war?
Yes they have.
But Brexit Britain has been behind all the other developed economies in recovery. It is behind the EU.

the maoster:

Franglais:

Yeah, I am asking that question. Care to answer it?

And it is a question. I am not denying anything. I am questioning summat.

As I also asked, has everyone had a “Brexit payrise”? Has every lorry driver had a “Brexit payrise”? We both know the answer so take that as rhetorical.
Have other EU and other countries had payrises? Again we both know the answer.

So, how do you link your rise to Brexit?

ED to add
By the way
"The scheme will receive another €575,000 from the Italian Government, which is sufficient to grant the 230 applications that have missed out due to the funding having been used up.
The programme offers persons under the age of 35 a voucher that covers up to €2,500 of the cost of training to be a HGV driver. This is believed to be equal to an 80% discount on training for anyone interested in becoming a lorry driver.
The applications available via the scheme were used up almost instantly back in February. Earlier this month, additional funding was used to grant another 343 vouchers to would-be applicants.
Those who have received the vouchers now have 60 days to activate them by getting in contact with accredited driving schools and booking a course.
Read more at: trans.info/en/hgv-driver-training-345248
"
Driver shortages are across the EU giving pay rises and training aid in many place. Not just the UK

the maoster:

Franglais:
So, from previous posts you dont want new entrants to the UK to receive NHS care. Now you say you dont want those who may have paid in for 50 years, but retired abroad (freeing up housing and taking weight off of services) to receive care.
This does seem consistent with you saying that you take pleasure from the pain of others.

I don’t remember saying that I don’t want new entrants to the UK to receive NHS care, but I’m sure that you are sad enough to trawl through years of previous posts to find the damning evidence.

What I think about new entrants to the UK re health care is exactly the same as if I required healthcare in the US; I’d have to pay a fortune or I’d have to take out insurance. Are you suggesting that those who have contributed nothing should receive healthcare that is in short supply, perhaps denying someone who has paid into the system all of their lives much needed treatment?

On second thoughts you probably are because as a dyed in the wool bleeding heart liberal who has at best a tenuous grasp on the harsh realities of the world you, like others of your ilk are happy to snipe from the wings but don’t possess the minerals to actually stand up and be counted less it causes you physical harm or distress.

Visitors to the UK from the EU will get free health care at point of need. The NHS will recover the cost from their own country via their EHIC card.
Visitors from other countries will need insurance, or will be charged.
In the UK in case of emergency treatment that will be given before any walletectomy is performed.
Non-urgent care for visitors will be subject to charges already.

The USA has the most expensive health care in the world, but doesnt have much better outcomes than other countries. I dont think they are anything to emulate.

89 pages and counting towards the inevitable ton. :smiley:
Can one or more of the more prominent whingers on here explain the purpose of their posts and indeed this thread?
Let me explain my query. :smiley:

The results of Brexit are what they are, the plebs, the great unwashed, the general public you/we (as ever) can do absolutely nada about what Politicians say do or put on to us.

In terms of Brexit add to the mix the fact that they are organising all this stuff reluctantly and against their will, but HAVE to at least be seen to implement it because of the DEMOCRATIC vote, which has been pointed out to you numerous times.as one of the main reasons for Brexit as it currently stands and becoming a hotch potch cluster ■■■■…or even a manipulation for us all to go running to the Govt of the day to negotiate re.entry (led presumably by a couple of truck drivers on here. :unamused: :laughing: )

At least one of you spends far too much time in his life trawling the internet for examples of '‘how/why Brexit did not work’ in his/their view, numerous pro remain type links and vids to fuel the ongoing tedious debate, …guess what we get it. :bulb:

(Use of the past tense done purposely as it all happened x no of ■■■■ years ago,…as my 14 yr old granddaughter says…‘Get over it’'. :bulb: )

So back to my initial query…
Is it some childish immature trait to keep saying ‘‘We told you so’’ or what? I mean, especially seeing as you readily display other childish traits akin to my other and younger little grand daughters, by you displaying a metaphorical stuck out lip when you didn’t get your own way over all this…(difference is they, the kiddies actually DO ‘get over it’ eventually. :laughing: )

Or is it a self perceived superiority thing even?,
A kind of arrogant ‘we always know better than you’ or ‘we always have the last word because ‘you lot’ did not know what you were doing back then’…(newsflash we did ! )

Or is it an effort to make us ‘see the light’ or ‘change our minds’ … news flash no 2 …ain’t happening :smiley: )

So where do we go from here with this thread…(or ‘campaign’ as some see it with illusions of political grandeur. :unamused: :laughing: ) do.we continue for another 6 years,.another 100 pages?

The obvious answer is those who are (or were :smiley: …past tense again) '‘Brexiteers’ should just ignore it and leave the remainers to a mega wallowing whinge fest …but bearing in mind that Franglais has recently explained the purpose and concept of a forum to me at least twice (not at all patronising btw :smiley: ) I feel I need to keep checking this thread out and putting a counter active comment now and again to wind these guys up more than anything :smiley: , …
If for nothing else only for the comedy value of truckers being politicians and at least one ‘one trick pony’ who perpetually speaks of nothing else and is currently living in ‘Brexitstan’ apparentlly :smiley: , and by judging by his signature sees it as his top priority in life :laughing: …(not you this time either Frangers. :smiley: )

Entertainment on a rainy day and comedy gold personified in a proverbial nutshell. :laughing:
Tell you what guys, on second thoughts …keep it up after all, the dark nights just fly in reading it. :laughing: :laughing:

Franglais:

tmcassett:

JeffA:

Have all countries been affected by Covid, and many affected by the Russian war?
Yes they have.
But Brexit Britain has been behind all the other developed economies in recovery. It is behind the EU.

Tell that to Germany now, who is ahead of us in their falling down…
The EU essentially is the United Liberal Left Green States of Germany.
A quick end to the war in Ukraine - is essential for this regime’s future.

I favour a quick end to the war as well, but for different reasons. It would be better for both belligerants to stop killing each other - rather than to go on doing just that. The EU and NATO are not helping, by aiding a country that otherwise would have just been “taken” in Putin’s Chess Move - they have prolonged this war at economic cost to the rest of us not even involved in it.
Our “Economic recover” lags behind most EU states - because we’re giving proportionally more of UK cash to that stupid and lost cause.
If NATO wants Russia out of the game - they needed to invade Crimea in 2014 instead of wage a proxy war now which can only end with WWIII if Russia even looks like it is starting to lose this NATO expansion war of what was Russian territory to start with, after all…

China are already loaning money at less favourable terms to the west - by ratcheting down purchases of western bonds, forcing western central banks to embark on more and more QE - the real cause of the inflation spiral we’re now going through.

No money for “Pay Rises” - so it isn’t “Greedy UK workers demanding too much” that is causing inflation.

I support ALL medical staff @ the NHS getting their 35% pay rise. Not because I’m a lefty, but because medical staff (rather than half-hearted non-medical staff working a ticket…) deserve it.

…But but but… Even Keir Starmer isn’t running with a decent treatment of NHS staff (medical or not) - because he’ll do what his puppetmasters tell him, no more - no less.

Franglais:

tmcassett:

JeffA:

Yes they have.

All countries have been affected negatively by that country’s flawed reaction to Brexit, the Covid lockdown, and now the NATO eastern expansion - none of which were necessary, as even Brexit could have been stopped BY the EU by Cameron back in 2015 being given concessions and a pledge to “Reform” by the EU at that time, rather than “taking Britain entirely for granted” which is what actually happened in the months leading upto the referendum.

I thought with his ongoing obsession of ‘discussing’ all things Brexit, Franglais would have been all over this thread today with the news that the Eurozone countries have slipped into recession and the UK hasn’t.

tmcassett:
I thought with his ongoing obsession of ‘discussing’ all things Brexit, Franglais would have been all over this thread today with the news that the Eurozone countries have slipped into recession and the UK hasn’t.

A bit like a race.
Post Covid the EU zone was going faster away from the line and in front of us. Now they are going slower.
But they are still out in front. The UK is still the only developed country not to have recovered to pre-Covid economic levels.

Im not sure that is the best metric anyway. Better to measure where the UK is now to where it would have been had we remained in the EU, rather than where we are now, out of it. I cant see any measures saying that Brexit has made us better off. Even Farage hasnt spoken of any, has he? He says its a ■■■■-up.

PS. Where did you get your Doctorate in psychology?
The same place Dr RR got his degrees in psychology and virology?
Must be really good for you two being able to diagnose obsession from www posts.

Same place as you got your degree in politics?

robroy:

:smiley:

Happy to admit I dont have one. Happy to admit what I write about isnt of my own invention.
Happy to post links showing what my posts are based. (Annoying as that is for some)

Do either of you two care to reveal the reason for remotely diagnosing my, or other posters` mental state?

Franglais:

robroy:

:smiley:

Happy to admit I dont have one. Happy to admit what I write about isnt of my own invention.
Happy to post links showing what my posts are based. (Annoying as that is for some)

Do either of you two care to reveal the reason for remotely diagnosing my, or other posters` mental state?

Wtf are you on about…'diagnosing your mental state ’ ? :unamused:
I think your over estimating your importance and relavance on here mate tbh …just saying.
It ain’t all about YOU you know. :unamused:

Franglais:
PS. Where did you get your Doctorate in psychology?
The same place Dr RR got his degrees in psychology and virology?
Must be really good for you two being able to diagnose obsession from www posts.

No qualifications needed, just need to go back and view this thread and see your inability to let it go to come to the conclusion you are obsessed.

robroy:
It ain’t all about YOU you know.

Hooray ! We agree!
So no more posts including references to obsession/calm down/hatred and other feelings you attribute to a poster?
Let`s hope so.

Franglais:

robroy:
It ain’t all about YOU you know.

Hooray ! We agree!
So no more posts including references to obsession/calm down/hatred and other feelings you attribute to a poster?
Let`s hope so.

Hatred ? :laughing:
There are only about 3 people I.actually ‘hate’ in this world mate…all for ■■■■ good reasons.
You don’t even come anywhere near that category.
Irritating, mildly annoying, bizarrely enigmatic maybe, but subject of hatred? :open_mouth:
As I said you are vastly over estimating your relevance. :unamused:

You really need to stop playing the victim card mate.
As you keep reminding me it’s a forum .