Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

tmcassett:

the maoster:
Be fair RR ^^^^^ after all sometimes it’s days or weeks until some really good Brexit Viagara comes along. You know, the stuff that gets him really hard and excited. You can’t pass up opportunities like that you know.

Noticeably quiet though 2 or 3 months back when his beloved EU had offices in Brussels raided in connection to corruption - no links or discussion there from memory! :wink:

Really?
Where have I ever said that the EU is great or that I loved it?

Re: "Baroness " Bra…
Postby Franglais » 13 Dec 2022, 10:51
LazyDriver:
Isn’t the EU Parliament under criminal investigation with the deputy being suspended. Following accusations of brown envelopes with Qatar postcodes changing hands?
(now that’s how you mention the EU…) :stuck_out_tongue:
Franglais:
Yep.
Accusations have been made against some members, the police called in, and those under suspicion have been suspended, while investigations are made.
What hasn`t happened, is the promise of an internal inquiry, whilst desperate moves are made to change the rules.

In case that isnt clear enough, I condemn corruption in the EU as everywhere else. I do note that the Police are involved in the EU case, right from the start, and there has been no suggestion Ive yet seen that the investigation is being somehow nobbled by the politicos? No dealing with it all “in house”.
Anyone found guilty should be dealt with very severely.

Any organisation the size of the EU will have some rotten apples in it.
Looks to me like they are doing the right thing to get rid of them.
Couldn`t some others take a lesson?

And to revert to the first para, please don`t use “strawman arguments”.
The EU is not flawless, perfect, lovely, or any other adjectives you choose to try to put into my mouth.
BUT being in it is better, IMHO than being outside of it.

Still don’t remember you rushing to post any links or discuss the issue, you know like you do anytime something “negative” regarding Brexit pops ups.

tmcassett:
Still don’t remember you rushing to post any links or discuss the issue, you know like you do anytime something “negative” regarding Brexit pops ups.

What`s to discuss?
That a huge organisation has found it has (it appears) some very dodgy members? Hardly a surprise?
That the Police are straight in there to make arrests and sort it out? What is wrong with that?
Were you posting on the UK Gov corruptions issues? Or is only the EU that needs sorting out?

I have never posted everything negative regarding Brexit that "pops up".
Far too much “popping up” for that!

And
pops up
to appear or happen, especially suddenly or unexpectedly
dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio … ish/pop-up

Largely, what I post about isnt summat that just "pops up". :smiley: The Dover queues were warned about, happened last year, and nowt has been done to improve things. Extra Easter holiday makers didnt “pop up”.

Franglais:

tmcassett:

What`s to discuss?
That a huge organisation has found it has (it appears) some very dodgy members? Hardly a surprise?
That the Police are straight in there to make arrests and sort it out? What is wrong with that?
Were you posting on the UK Gov corruptions issues? Or is only the EU that needs sorting out?

I have never posted everything negative regarding Brexit that "pops up".
Far too much “popping up” for that!

And
pops up
to appear or happen, especially suddenly or unexpectedly
dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio … ish/pop-up

Largely, what I post about isnt summat that just "pops up". :smiley: The Dover queues were warned about, happened last year, and nowt has been done to improve things. Extra Easter holiday makers didnt “pop up”.

Merely pointing out your selective links and stories and your endless obsession with trying to prove you were right.

tmcassett:
Merely pointing out your selective links and stories and your endless obsession with trying to prove you were right.

I guess that is a bit different than you then.
You aren`t always posting about the brilliant trade deals, easier transport links, financial prosperity, etc brought us by Brexit.

Precious few links and stories from you about how well Brexit is working out…
uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/jacob … 50084.html
Or are you a fan of fish-fingers?

Franglais:
You aren`t always posting about the brilliant trade deals, easier transport links, financial prosperity, etc brought us by Brexit.

Precious few links and stories from you about how well Brexit is working out.

Good, bad or indifferent what do they prove? It’s happened so I don’t waste my time like you, spending hour upon hour desperately searching for that next article you can include a link to. Discussion is fair enough but you take things to a manic obsessive level with this and it really makes you come across as quire sad.

tmcassett:

Franglais:

Good, bad or indifferent what do they prove? It’s happened so I don’t waste my time like you, spending hour upon hour desperately searching for that next article you can include a link to. Discussion is fair enough but you take things to a manic obsessive level with this and it really makes you come across as quire sad.

Some people argue for hours about who was or wasnt off-side in a footie match years ago. Some collect things of no practical value. I dont sit in judgement of them.

Discussion about Brexit is why I am here, on the Brexit thread. All Im getting from you is comments about my character. I honestly dont much* care what your opinion of that is.

What do news stories prove?
Well, if they are overwhelming all going in one direction, then maybe they prove, that as predicted by many experts it was a bad move?
And since it isn`t all over yet (no matter what you and others keep repeating) then the next stages, and the re-negotiations due in a couple of years, will be influenced by our opinions? It might be a bit optimistic to expect that, but we can only hope.

*Actually, I don`t care at all.

Franglais:

tmcassett:

Franglais:

Some people argue for hours about who was or wasnt off-side in a footie match years ago. Some collect things of no practical value. I dont sit in judgement of them.

Discussion about Brexit is why I am here, on the Brexit thread. All Im getting from you is comments about my character. I honestly dont much* care what your opinion of that is.

Well, if they are overwhelming all going in one direction, then maybe they prove, that as predicted by many experts it was a bad move?
And since it isn`t all over yet (no matter what you and others keep repeating) then the next stages, and the re-negotiations due in a couple of years, will be influenced by our opinions? It might be a bit optimistic to expect that, but we can only hope.

Thing is mate when you get a bloke on here like Luke, a well known and prolific pro EU stalwart, telling you you are getting tedious, what do you think the rest of us reckon? :bulb:
It’s maybe time to have a word with yourself…irrespective of whether you ‘care at all’ or not.

48 btw.

Why do remainers not understand that being in the EU means eventually there will be a one world government run by horrible WEF type knob heads. The problems that are occurring now are without a doubt being controlled by the eu. Illegal boat people are coming from the EU and our arsey neighbours France (who we have never got on with) they are behind it all so stop blaming brexit it is pathetic. You remain fanatics lost and are nothing but gullible bores.

Narc:
Why do remainers not understand that being in the EU means eventually there will be a one world government run by horrible WEF type knob heads. The problems that are occurring now are without a doubt being controlled by the eu. Illegal boat people are coming from the EU and our arsey neighbours France (who we have never got on with) they are behind it all so stop blaming brexit it is pathetic. You remain fanatics lost and are nothing but gullible bores.

Before Brexit we could, and did, return some immigrants to France under the Dublin agreement. Now we can`t.
All signed away by Johnson, and the Brexiteers.

Apart from Ukranians, the UK received in 2022 asylum applications from about 84.400 people. France 137,500 and Germany over 217,700.
They aren`t all coming over here. Most stay in the EU.

The gullible ones are those who repeat the lies of incompetent Gov ministers and the lies of wealthy press barons.

We dont have a government of WEF knob-heads. We do have a Gov of lying, cheating, avaricious, knob-heads who arent WEF.
Wonderful.

Here is one recently. Even Nick Ferrari calls out his blatant lie.
youtube.com/watch?v=0oaxdRvZ–s

Franglais:

tmcassett:

Franglais:

Difference being those examples you give above aren’t done as point scoring exercises in the way you do with anything Brexit related. Like the point made by Robroy, even hard-core pro-EU supporters like Switchlogic have called you out on your incessant and childish whining.

tmcassett:
Difference being those examples you give above aren’t done as point scoring exercises in the way you do with anything Brexit related. Like the point made by Robroy, even hard-core pro-EU supporters like Switchlogic have called you out on your incessant and childish whining.

Well, as mentioned before, repeatedly, you could easily shut me up by scoring enough points to show that Brexit is a good thing.
You don`t.
You continue with “your incessant and childish whining” about my posts, but never address the post themselves.

This is the Brexit thread: try posting about Brexit, not critiquing other`s posting styles.

Franglais:
Apart from Ukranians, the UK received in 2022 asylum applications from about 84.400 people. France 137,500 and Germany over 217,700.
They aren`t all coming over here. Most stay in the EU.

The gullible ones

It’s pretty funny using the word “gullible” in the same post as stating that “they aren’t all coming over here”

Okay, not every single one is but I think it’s only the gullible who would believe the numbers we are actually being fed by the MSM. And it’s the gullible who believe they are all coming from war torn countries in fear of their lives.

Anyhow, must dash as I’ve got an EDL March to attend, you know because I am a hard-core raving bigot and racist after all.

Franglais:

tmcassett:

Well, as mentioned before, repeatedly, you could easily shut me up by scoring enough points to show that Brexit is a good thing.
You don`t.
You continue with “your incessant and childish whining” about my posts, but never address the post themselves.

This is the Brexit thread: try posting about Brexit, not critiquing other`s posting styles.

I’m not interested in point scoring or trying to prove what’s good, what’s bad or what’s neutral. It won’t change anything.

tmcassett:
Anyhow, must dash as I’ve got an EDL March to attend, you know because I am a hard-core raving bigot and racist after all.

Pathetic.

Franglais:

tmcassett:

Pathetic.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tmcassett:

Franglais:

tmcassett:

You don`t.

I’m not interested in point scoring or trying to prove what’s good, what’s bad or what’s neutral. It won’t change anything.

If you aren`t interested in what is good/bad/neutral regarding Brexit, why are you reading and posting on the Brexit thread?

Franglais:

tmcassett:

Franglais:

tmcassett:

You don`t.

If you aren`t interested in what is good/bad/neutral regarding Brexit, why are you reading and posting on the Brexit thread?

I said I’m not interested in point scoring regarding Brexit.

tmcassett:
I said I’m not interested in point scoring regarding Brexit

Hmmm
Do you use the same pub as RobRoy?
The “Fox and Grapes”?
:smiley:

Just to ■■■■ into your love - fest for a mo…

Why is it ok for the unelected Sunak, without a mandate from the voting populace to say it’s a good thing for Northern Irish exporters to have easier access to the EU markets than an exporter from the rest of the UK ?
Why is it ok for Johnson to tell the EU to admit Ukraine to the bloc, giving their citizens right’s we have had taken away ?
I wanted to retire to the Costa del Sol not the Costa packet Skegness

(The EDL are just the KKK but with not so good Persil) Nasty nasty nasty