Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

robroy:
Here’s yer mate Rob making another post on the Brexit thread Frangers, so make sure you keep count. :wink: :smiley: …(+1.on the total you informed me about on the other thread :smiley: )
You may have got more sympathy off MOST of us on here if you came at the topic from another angle, maybe a new thread on it…but yet again any ■■■■■■■ excuse to drone on about Brexit and bump up your Brexit thread to the top. (I’ve mentioned it 3 times there Sybil but I think I got away with it :smiley: )
Anyhhoo that said…

Yep…you are 100% correct, who tf feels comfortable knowing (or maybe not knowing) that there is a degree of arsenic :open_mouth: in your little pride and joys rusks, and tinned squashed banana. :open_mouth:

.After saying that I am sure it is safe because the large companies who manufacture it will be keen to avoid, (and will be fully aware of) the absolute [zb] storm of litigation that would come down over their lugs 8f some little girl or boy fell foul of it all… but yeah,.I as a parent would still not be content with the situation regardless.

Something should be looked into.
I ain’t a scientist in the league of Carryfast, but I am fairly sure an alternative ingredient could be used to do the job that arsenic (still.can’t believe it) is doing in your baby’s food.

There ya go mate something we agree on, pity the subject matter was used as a vehicle for the usual motive and agenda though…just saying.

The post was mostly about Brexit and the way it is all going. Why would I start another thread?

It wasn`t primarily about the levels of arsenic in foods, just using that as an example of how the Gov, because of Brexit, are allowing divergence from EU rules, but how that is useless.

It is an example of the hollow victory achieved by those cheered Brexit.
The ability to do summat we don`t want to do.

Ahh so I was right just another excuse to drone on then.
UK leaving a corrupt and very expensive regime overshadows and is much more worth bringing up (again :unamused: ) over young babies being potentially poisoned…got it.
((+2 btw :smiley: )

Franglais:

Why do you think it’s a competition? You just come across as a bit pathetic with your endless quest and links to try and prove your were right. It’s happened, get over it. You remind me of my 2 and 5 year old kids bickering between themselves because one thinks they got more pudding than the other.

tmcassett:

Franglais:

Why do you think it’s a competition? You just come across as a bit pathetic with your endless quest and links to try and prove your were right. .

The ironic thing is though it does not prove anything to those that he is trying to ram the point home to, instead he is only preaching to those who are converted.
Most of us who wanted rid of the EU would vote exactly the same way given the chance again…despite the pro EU powers that be (who all got an unexpected bloody nose ) trying their best in their half aresd approach to make things go smoothly, trying to make things look worse than they probably are.

(Awaiting one of Franglais’ infamous links to try and prove me wrong on the bit where I stated MOST of us would vote the same way :smiley: )

+3 …keep count. :smiley:

robroy:

tmcassett:

Franglais:

Why do you think it’s a competition? You just come across as a bit pathetic with your endless quest and links to try and prove your were right. .

The ironic thing is though it does not prove anything to those that he is trying to ram the point home to, instead he is only preaching to those who are converted.
Most of us who wanted rid of the EU would vote exactly the same way given the chance again…despite the pro EU powers that be (who all got an unexpected bloody nose ) trying their best in their half aresd approach to make things go smoothly, trying to make things look worse than they probably are.

(Awaiting one of Franglais’ infamous links to try and prove me wrong on the bit where I stated MOST of us would vote the same way :smiley: )

I’m curious what he would have made of the fact if the opposite had happened and people were posting links and articles 7 years after the event about why remaining was a mistake. As you say, it achieves nothing.

tmcassett:

robroy:

tmcassett:

Franglais:

I’m curious what he would have made of the fact if the opposite had happened and people were posting links and articles 7 years after the event about why remaining was a mistake. As you say, it achieves nothing.

Does it though? We left Europe because a dedicated core of people wouldn’t let the issue go, despite people telling them to, that it was a lost cause, that they were just annoying. If people took that advice we’d never have had a Brexit vote. So it’s a bit rich after DECADES of anti EU whinging that got Brexiteers exactly what they wanted for them to turn round and say enough is enough, isn’t it? If Brexit is all you wanted to be defend it, don’t simply try and shut the other side up because that just comes across as petulant. If it isn’t what you wanted asked the people who dragged us into it why? Blaiming it on ‘remoaners’ is a bit childish.

Personally though I couldn’t give a s…t what happens to this country anymore.

Happy St Patrick’s Day

tmcassett:

7 years after the referendum.
3 years after Brexit started.
The NI Protocol is still being re-negotiated and argued over.
New negotiations are in 2026.

Oh, and the post was about something, Brexit related, that happened within the last few days.
I could have started another thread about it, but hey, we don`t want our pantomime dames getting their frilly knickers in too much of a twist do we? How many Brexit threads would you like? It affects many aspects of everyday life.

I bet you’re just jealous because you didn’t buy turnip stocks on the futures market.

OwenMoney:
I bet you’re just jealous because you didn’t buy turnip stocks on the futures market.

Yep.
I didn`t foresee the increased root vegetable demand, following the run on tomatoes and salads to feed the vastly increased UK unicorn stocks.
What are flying pigs fed on? Any alternative energy sources for them?

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

Yep.
I didn`t foresee the increased root vegetable demand, following the run on tomatoes and salads to feed the vastly increased UK unicorn stocks.
What are flying pigs fed on? Any alternative energy sources for them?

Oh ffs it’s an anti Brexit double act now. :unamused:
Not in in the comedy league of Morecambe & Wise either,…more on the level of The Chuckle Brothers. :laughing:
To you… :smiley:

(+4)

Franglais:

tmcassett:

Oh, and the post was about something, Brexit related, that happened within the last few days.
I could have started another thread about it, but hey, we don`t want our pantomime dames getting their frilly knickers in too much of a twist do we? How many Brexit threads would you like? It affects many aspects of everyday life.

My point still remains, it achieves nothing. You spending endless hours of your time frantically searching for any article you can find to try and prove your point and that you were right is still a bit pathetic and shows you as the same.

switchlogic:
Does it though? We left Europe because a dedicated core of people wouldn’t let the issue go, despite people telling them to, that it was a lost cause, that they were just annoying. If people took that advice we’d never have had a Brexit vote. So it’s a bit rich after DECADES of anti EU whinging that got Brexiteers exactly what they wanted for them to turn round and say enough is enough, isn’t it? If Brexit is all you wanted to be defend it, don’t simply try and shut the other side up because that just comes across as petulant. If it isn’t what you wanted asked the people who dragged us into it why? Blaiming it on ‘remoaners’ is a bit childish.

Happy St Patrick’s Day

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are on about above and exactly what your point is?

tmcassett:

switchlogic:

Happy St Patrick’s Day

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are on about above and exactly what your point is?

Ok

tmcassett:

Franglais:

tmcassett:

My point still remains, it achieves nothing. You spending endless hours of your time frantically searching for any article you can find to try and prove your point and that you were right is still a bit pathetic and shows you as the same.

No. Your point does not remain.
I am not discussing events seven years after they happened.

Also I am not spending endless hours “frantically searching for things”.
I am commenting on current events. Stuff in the news.

I comment on current events influenced by Brexit here: on the Brexit thread.
I comment about other events in threads about them.

As this is not about the logistics of hydrogen supply, I am fairly confident in saying:
It ain`t rocket science.

It seems we do agree about one thing: current events do show that Brexit was a mistake.
No where have you said, that I remember, that any Brexit effects have been good?

Franglais:

tmcassett:

Franglais:

tmcassett:

As this is not about the logistics of hydrogen supply, I am fairly confident in saying:
It ain`t rocket science.

It seems we do agree about one thing: current events do show that Brexit was a mistake.
No where have you said, that I remember, that any Brexit effects have been good?

Ah well looks like + 5 coming up :smiley:

Thing is Frangers there is a difference between commenting on something and actually and actively seeking stuff out to fuel a (pointless) agenda.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you come across as bordering on being maniaclly obsessive about this stuff.

We all get it !!.. The process has not been 100% successful nor 100% smooth.
.I have given you my theory as to how I think that is so, and to use one of my football analogies (that you love :smiley: ) …, It’s a bit like Alan Shearer being forced into the job of being an ambassador and spokesman for Sunderland FC,. (Ok it would never happen, but just go with it) .
Sure he would go through the motions, because he had to, but he would hardly be enthusiastic,.and I am sure he’d be tempted to make sure, although he appeared on the face if things to be giving 100% to make it work, that it did not, because in reality he would not give a toss and love the fact that things were not going all sweetness and light.
Simple, but fair analysis of the situation I would say.

Feel free to rubbish that theory (Feel free?, Jesus I’m turning into Carryfast :unamused: ) as I’m sure you will, .but I believe it to be a big part of the problem,.whereby the powers that be were arrogant and up their own arses enough after Cameron’s ‘‘second to none’’ deal, to fully expect,.and take for granted, a remain vote.and they got a bloody nose,.so much so Cameron resigned over it as far as I remember…because it was all a long time ago.

Anyway back to you…deal with it and move on FFS…you are actually becoming a caricature of yourself on all this stuff.

robroy:

Franglais:

tmcassett:

It ain`t rocket science.

Ah well looks like + 5 coming up :smiley:

Thing is Frangers there is a difference between commenting on something and actually and actively seeking stuff out to fuel a (pointless) agenda.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, you come across as bordering on being maniaclly obsessive about this stuff.

We all get it !!.. The process has not been 100% successful nor 100% smooth.
.I have given you my theory as to how I think that is so, and to use one of my football analogies (that you love :smiley: ) …, It’s a bit like Alan Shearer being forced into the job of being an ambassador and spokesman for Sunderland FC,. (Ok it would never happen, but just go with it) .
Sure he would go through the motions, because he had to, but he would hardly be enthusiastic,.and I am sure he’d be tempted to make sure, although he appeared on the face if things to be giving 100% to make it work, that it did not, because in reality he would not give a toss and love the fact that things were not going all sweetness and light.
Simple, but fair analysis of the situation I would say.

Feel free to rubbish that theory (Feel free?, Jesus I’m turning into Carryfast :unamused: ) as I’m sure you will, .but I believe it to be a big part of the problem,.whereby the powers that be were arrogant and up their own arses enough after Cameron’s ‘‘second to none’’ deal, to fully expect,.and take for granted, a remain vote.and they got a bloody nose,.so much so Cameron resigned over it as far as I remember…because it was all a long time ago.

Anyway back to you…deal with it and move on FFS…you are actually becoming a caricature of yourself on all this stuff.

“Actively seeking stuff out”?
Umm, I call that “listening to the news”.
What I am mostly posting about is current affairs, news reports etc.

I dont care how "I come across". My image is of very little concern to me. "How I come across" isnt the subject of this thread: Brexit is.

“Cameron was given a bloody nose”?
Maybe he was. And maybe he deserved that and more.
But isnt that you suggesting the Brexit vote (that happened years ago, and [u]you[/u] are still discussing it!) was about "giving it to the man" rather than about Brexit itself? Arent you saying the electorate voted to stuff the country for the wrong reasons?

And I`ve no idea at all about your football analogy.
The way you keep on about footie, even here, you come across as bordering on being maniaclly obsessive about this stuff. :smiley:

“We all get it !!.. The process has not been 100% successful nor 100% smooth.”
Agreed.
Ain`t that nice, we agree.
“Not 100% successful” as in: “the Titanic had a less than 100% successful voyage”.

“deal with it and move on FFS”
I have been dealing with the results of Brexit, at work and personally for years. I still am.
And so is the country: the ESF (European Social Fund) payments to the UK, worth millions of quid, end this month.
Gove has promised to replace them. Maybe in 2024 or maybe sometime, or maybe, since we are due an election in the next couple of years, never.

I`ll repeat what I said earlier, mostly what I talk about here is current affairs but I try to keep the Brexit related stuff on the Brexit thread.
It does what it says on the tin.

You are sounding like a rambling old Uncle in a care home, who’s relations avoid visiting because of the boredom…if you don’t care as to how you come across to people on here crack on with it.
I’m the same I don’t care, I’ve been accused on here of being an arrogant ■■■■, amongst other things, sans fait rien Rodders, so be it, …but given the choice I would take that over making a bit of a figure of mirth of myself anyday… but you don’t care, so neither do I. :smiley:
Enjoy yer Sunday,.and keep trawling for more Brexit…errr news. :smiley:

(+6 fyi)

Franglais:

You might have a point if the above were true, but as Robroy makes the point above, you can’t wait to search out any and all articles from wherever to post on here to try and further your agenda that Brexit was wrong. Bit sad really.

The end of this month, the ESF (European Social Fund) ceases its payments to the UK. Thats half a billion of funding lost.
The promised replacement funding, may be here in 2024? Or may be postponed a wee bit longer?
After a General Election? Just like Hunt`s budget Ideas?

Earlier this month, BYD the largest manufacturer of light E and Hybrid vehicles …in the world… has spoken about a new plant in the west.
The UK was specifically ruled out because of Brexit. MIchael Shu said the UK didn`t even get into the top ten list of candidates.

Tesla has previously said that Brexit influenced his choice to build a plant in Berlin, not the UK.