Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

robroy:

Narc:
Random crap removed by Admin

Not really, they missed 79 pages of it. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: You sure you haven’t missed a 1 or 2 off the front of your number?

A chilly December morning, but the god of the algorithm have smiled on me today, and shunted this wee piece into my feed>
I hope it appeals to others as well.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6yjphN-EQ

robroy:

Narc:
Random crap removed by Admin

Not really, they missed 79 pages of it. :laughing:

100% correct LOL

DS Smith to close it`s Aylesford, Kent factory. 100 job losses expected.
ft.com/content/349072ab-b50 … b90c195e24
Behind a paywall for some, but will be elsewhere too I expect.

The plant has had a halving of its exports since Brexit. DS Smith has other plants in the UK, and in EU, but says its UK operation is being subsidised by its operations elsewhere, and that can`t continue.
Management say the Gov plans to diverge from EU rules are a hindrance and not a help to business.

Michael Gove is following in Johnson`s footsteps, by being told off by the UK Statistics Authority.

But so long as the Tory friendly MSM keep quiet about it I doubt much will happen.

Story in the Guardian
theguardian.com/politics/20 … eals-claim

Vid by Phil Moorhouse
youtube.com/watch?v=FM7e3gHn4vQ

The country is dropping trade, heading for a recession, or is already in one, and Gove claims a massive trade increase!
Just how gullible does he think we are?

Rees-Mogg is still telling the old lies about £350m.
And new lies about paperwork.
And now he`s telling business people how he understands their business, better than they do themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=eSNbxlrDIM0

edition.cnn.com/2022/12/24/econ … index.html

I think one thing is crystal clear. It is not brexit that has damaged our economy it is this current Tory party.

You look at every part of our economy/healthcare system / education system or anywhere else.
There are issues everywhere.

Now you can put all the blame on Brexit for sure. Or you can put all the blame on the Tory party who have it seems no ■■■■■■■ clue what they are doing.

It is not the fault of Brexit that our schools are underfunded and teaching assistants are being made to quit so schools can afford heating and basic supplies or that we have a teacher shortage.
It is not the fault of Brexit that we have a chronic shortage of Healthcare workers and the NHS is being run by idiots.
(Yea, you can make a weak argument for EU doctors and nurses having more trouble getting jobs now)
It is not the fault of Brexit that our energy bills are so high.

I could literally go on and on but you get the point.
The Tory government needs to sort itself out. I doubt it will though, We are in a really bad place when the only alternative is a Keir Starmer government… I really wish there was a 3rd viable option because this Tory and Labour government are not fit to rule this country.

The latest in the Brexit comedy series

The British government will not be able to use armoured jaguar XJs for ministers official cars and is going to have to switch to Audi A8s made in Germany

Jaguar landRover has run into so many problems importing the required parts that they are now unable to manufacture cars good enough for the met protection services requirements. No other British manufacturer can win the tender

birminghammail.co.uk/news/m … r-25831678

Lol sovereignty

chrisdalott:
The latest in the Brexit comedy series

The British government will not be able to use armoured jaguar XJs for ministers official cars and is going to have to switch to Audi A8s made in Germany

Jaguar landRover has run into so many problems importing the required parts that they are now unable to manufacture cars good enough for the met protection services requirements. No other British manufacturer can win the tender

birminghammail.co.uk/news/m … r-25831678

Lol sovereignty

Production of the Jaguar XJ ended in 2019 .

Yeah it’s the XF now

Looked at ordering coffee from Bewleys, Dublin for a birthday present. Delivery to Europe €12.50, to the UK €22.

Sent from my Note 13P using Tapatalk

Getting parts for my 1998 Mercedes C230 Kompressor is much harder due to Brexit.
Plenty of parts in Mainland Europe not so many in the UK

Munchkin:
Looked at ordering coffee from Bewleys, Dublin for a birthday present. Delivery to Europe €12.50, to the UK €22.

Don’t buy it then. Simple as that. It’s a free market capitalist system, if the price of the goods is unattractive then they’ll simply not sell.

The price was fine but I baulked at the extra €9.50 not in Europe tax.

Munchkin:

I get that mate, it’s a bummer. However I stand by my original assertion that if we didn’t buy the product because of punitive taxes then the Irish Co could always urge their MEP to lobby the oh so fair EU commission to address it.

telegraph.co.uk/business/20 … inflation/

the maoster:

Munchkin:

I get that mate, it’s a bummer. However I stand by my original assertion that if we didn’t buy the product because of punitive taxes then the Irish Co could always urge their MEP to lobby the oh so fair EU commission to address it.

I didn’t mean it’s actually tax just extra cost to a Co to send to the UK because of the extra paperwork. Of course that applies both ways especially for small companies trying to export. I ended up buying Brodie’s from Edinburgh.

For all the pro EU usual whingers on here…
youtu.be/7nwyaDcc8-o

A summing up…
The ammunition ‘they’ have given you to prolong your belly aching, is because ‘their’ hearts were never in it, and the result of pure protest that gave ‘them’ their bloody noses was totally unexpected, (which is what I’ve been saying all along.)

So as a contingency plan, they do the job half arsed in order to maintain an opinion of what they see as the ‘wrong decision’ , and in order to make it into.an ‘unpopular decision’,…with a view to possibly overturning it and ‘saving us all’ from the ‘perils of Brexit’. :laughing:

Point being you are hardly going to give something your all, with.a 100% enthusiasm, when it goes against everything you wanted and expected.

So the crap choice for the next election is this.

Keep the totally bloody awful Tory government, and maybe pay the price of losing the NHS into that bargain, with their concious (and obvious) efforts to get you to go into private healthcare.

Or…

Vote in Labour who are totally pro EU, (despite the official line of ‘going with the majority’ :unamused: ).with all the sh.storm that will bring, and possibly have a re run of the legacy of the last Labiur govt who almost made us bankrupt.

You decide.

That post was me taking politics seriously for a change, while waiting for the much more important Carabo cup semi final to start :smiley: … and wholly dedicated to the memory of the late Franglais. :frowning:

(He aint dead btw he’s just a bit ‘‘late’’ in coming on here up to press I have noticed :laughing: )

But beware, like Big Brother he’s still watching us in his new role as chief lurker. :wink: :laughing:

Hey leave me alone I’m missing him. :laughing:

I think Franglais mum caught him posting ■■■■■ on here over Christmas and removed his internet… :laughing: