Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

Franglais:
And of course…Johnson`s “new dawn”, “fantastic opportunities” Australia trade deal.
Even those involved are starting to admit a little of the truth.

youtube.com/watch?v=2AR7-sLb5Bc

We’re now hearing that Liz Truss buggered up the Australia deal - by putting a time limit on it that knackered our hand in the negotiations…

So much for her being a “Success” at foreign secretary… If that announcement had come out sooner - then perhaps Truss wouldn’t have been on the ballot paper, leaving someone who could be bluffed into calling a snap election to “confirm their mandate” instead…

Keir Starmer - cannot win when 20-30 points ahead in the polls, as we don’t have such a think as “Mid Terms” in this country, alas…

Even Andrew Bailey isnt allowed to mention the B word it seems. This video by Moorhouse, pre to-days budget, looks at the UK economy, and why we are doing so badly compared to, well, almost everyone.
youtube.com/watch?v=LENZxf4NLR4

IDK how to post vids inline to this forum, or even if it is allowed. The little vid is the link. Enjoy!

The Hunt Budget got a lot of coverage, but for my money, the best question to come out of Parliament that day, came not from Starmer, Reeves, nor Rayner, not from Blackford, but from Caroline Lucas.
Max Robespierre had her for his “Hero of the Week”.
youtube.com/watch?v=vppN1BJ-U30

You don’t believe enough Franglais…Realists like you are holding the country back.

Believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa and Brexit. Believe and it will come true.

Still waiting for my Unicorn though.

OwenMoney:
You don’t believe enough Franglais…Realists like you are holding the country back.

Believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa and Brexit. Believe and it will come true.

Still waiting for my Unicorn though.

Is your unicorn hiding in Switzerland? Being bandied about a bit in various quarters.

Are the “cakists” realising (slooowly) that they were sold a broken back nag, not a unicorn? Are some ready to look again at the Swiss? They wont find a unicorn there, but maybe a usable hack instead of the dead horse theyre still whipping.

Obviously the “true believers” of the Brexit cult wont be happy about that, but maybe those *who wanted* to believe that what they were promised was achievable, and now seeing the reality, will create a sea-change in opinion, so that the "unspeakable heresy" that "Brexit isnt working" becomes a subject for rational discussion again.

Frangers…
You mention whipping a dead horse? :open_mouth:
Seriously? :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

I’ll just leave it there and rely on your powers of perception to ‘get my drift’.

Anyhoo…
Here endeth my monthly ‘dip in’ to this paradoxic thread.
A paradox in the sense that it is both tragically sad and comedy gold at the same time. :laughing:
Keep up the perpetuation guys, we’re all loving it…
And hey!.. think nothing about the self induced embarrasment that the rest of us feel for you.

Until next time.

I shall return. :sunglasses:
(Douglas McArthur 1880 1964) a prolific Brexiteer .
Last bit is a lie btw. :smiley:
Farewell moaners. :laughing:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZKo49DF7Bg0

Sunak says no to EU return or any deal. Maybe his Globalist pals told him off for the recent chit chat…

Directly from a Franglais friendly site.

Narc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKo49DF7Bg0

Sunak says no to EU return or any deal. Maybe his Globalist pals told him off for the recent chit chat…

I`ve no doubt that Sunak would say such a thing.

Whether or not he believes such a thing now, or even if he does, will continue to believe such, is far from as sure.

I’m being totally ignored…now I KNOW I’m annoying them :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

(Still.a bit of a blow to my inflated ego though. :laughing: )

(Got that last bit in before Frangers did. :wink: )

Franglais:

Narc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKo49DF7Bg0

I`ve no doubt that Sunak would say such a thing.

Whether or not he believes such a thing now, or even if he does, will continue to believe such, is far from as sure.

I don’t believe a word any of them say, look at Starmer and his recent immigration stance, no more reliance on cheap immigrant workers? Yeah right.

Look I posted it for a giggle Franglais, I noticed you couldn’t let it go in another thread about that dreadful camp comedian and 10k, you are so rabid about this it’s humorous to me :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry pal have a top day

No fewer than 3 letters in Monday’s ‘i’ paper conflated Toryism with Brexit. Are folk forgetting the droves of people who joined the Labour Party specifically to support Tony Benn’s bid to get us out of the EU?

ERF-NGC-European:
No fewer than 3 letters in Monday’s ‘i’ paper conflated Toryism with Brexit. Are folk forgetting the droves of people who joined the Labour Party specifically to support Tony Benn’s bid to get us out of the EU?

The Tony Benn who retired from Parliament in 2001, and died in 2014?
Maybe some did join Labour because of Benn`s stance, but would they have remained (sorry! :smiley: ) in the party if he was the one and only thing about it they liked?

The “Leave” and “Remain” campaigns did both have cross party membership. So you are absolutely correct that Brexit isn`t a purely Tory project. However “Leave” had more Tory than Labour MPs.

In the 2019 G.E. all the Tory MPs had to agree to a Brexit manifesto.

And lets look at the the particular flavour of Brexit we have: When "Leave" were campaigning there was lots of talk of how it would all work. In fact there was only one remain, the one that we had been living with and we all knew about, warts and all. But there were so many possible ideas of what Brexit *could* be floating around, Canadian, Swiss, Hard, Soft, Norwegian, a Brexit free for all to imagine, free of any historical fact. The Brexit we have wasnt negotiated by “Leave”. It was “negotiated” by a Tory Gov led by Johnson.
It is a Tory/Johnson Brexit.

If Benn had been PM… we would have had a different flavour Brexit.

I agree that “Brexit” wasnt and isnt a uniquely Tory ideal.
The Brexit we currently have is a Tory one.

A quick and neat (under 3 minutes) video from Peter Stefanovic
youtube.com/watch?v=gELMQD9350c

Not much new, but putting a few clips together where we can see what is (continuing to) happen.

Random crap removed by Admin

After the Shock ! Horror! news that the new Australia deal is going to be very bad for the UK, we have the trade figures for the, already up and running, Japan deal.

UK trade exports to Japan, following the end of Covid restrictions, are down.
After that major disruption to trade, our exports have fallen.
Both goods and services have dropped. It isn`t a shrinkage of the Japanese market, the UK share of the market has fallen.

assets.publishing.service.gov.u … -11-18.pdf

Seems the new Free Trade Deal we got signed and sealed is worse than nothing.

Narc:
Random crap removed by Admin

Not really, they missed 79 pages of it. :laughing: