Brexit stuff in one place [MERGED]

Franglais:

Carryfast:
You seem to have conveniently missed the fact that closet LibDem Boris didn’t stop our EU contributions.So British taxes are still paying for the EU social and health care bill at our expense.

If anyone, from any party, said that leaving the EU would result in our stopping those payments we were contracted to pay:
They were lying.

I daresay some were promising that, but they promising all sorts of things that were, and are, impossible in the real world.

It’s not lying to say that the ‘contract’ ended with the cessation of our membership.
The rest was remainer Boris lying to the BREXIT vote, to get a bent mandate, to remain in all but name.
So you admit that our ongoing net contribution is sucking tax revenues out of the NHS as has been the case since we joined the scam.
The truth is the party that took us in could and should never be trusted to take us out.

Cheers for that Franglais, and just to continue ‘‘my trollng’’ :smiley: …we’ll say nothing more about it as long as you don’t start bullying me. :laughing:

(Note use of lol emoji just to confirm I’m being, or attempting to be humorous.

I can see I’m upsetting you far too much, your biting a bit too enthusiastically…so I’ll leave you to your one man crusade for a while…off to the pub to watch the football.
Stay cool, have a good weekend. :neutral_face:

White`s Transport has been mentioned in another thread. Here is an interview with White from Feb of this year.
trans.info/en/whites-transport- … xit-221605

For those who can’t be bothered to read the link it is actually from August 2021.

cav551:
For those who can’t be bothered to read the link it is actually from August 2021.

That’ll be me then :wink:

the maoster:

cav551:

That’ll be me then :wink:

And me.
I only come on this thread in wonder,.and for amusement…and to take the ■■■■. :laughing:

Franglais:
White`s Transport has been mentioned in another thread. Here is an interview with White from Feb of this year.

Haven’t read the link, don’t need to as coming from you it’ll certainly express negativity towards Brexit. However Whites have since claimed that the press grossly misquoted them and their true thoughts and feelings re Brexit were clearly outlined on their FB page.

cav551:

Apologies. Feb 2021, not Feb 2022. My error.

the maoster:

Franglais:

Haven’t read the link, don’t need to as coming from you it’ll certainly express negativity towards Brexit. However Whites have since claimed that the press grossly misquoted them and their true thoughts and feelings re Brexit were clearly outlined on their FB page.

Up to White`s whether or not they comment here of course.
Since you are citing them, would you care to link their FB page?

I’ve looked for Whites statement but FB doesn’t quite work in an easy manner in that respect. I’m sure someone here can screenshot their response and post here so non FB members can read it.

Speaking of Brexit our Cornish correspondent has been quiet lately, I can only assume that he’s been bombarding the local letters pages in the meantime :wink:

the maoster:
I’ve looked for Whites statement but FB doesn’t quite work in an easy manner in that respect. I’m sure someone here can screenshot their response and post here so non FB members can read it.

The relevant few sentences from the company Facebook page mentioning European work:

“I am not packing up completely, I will keep a few trucks on UK work with set daily runs, it’s very easy to manage and takes care of itself, but I’ve made the decision to stop all European work from 30th Sep 2022. This isn’t because I’m skint or I have health problems as some gossiping drivers who don’t even know me are telling everyone. It’s simply because I feel its time. The amount of time & effort that goes into planning European work is crazy, its not a 9-5 job, it’s a 24/7 365 job. I’ve lost count of the amount of times Pete has called me at silly o clock with issues that we have all had to get up and deal with. I could write a book with all the situations we have had to sort out in the last 20 years. Also, this isn’t Brexit related, 2020/2021 & 2022 have been the busiest years we have ever had, Brexit made it more difficult, but it also made it much busier.”

cav551:

the maoster:

The relevant few sentences from the company Facebook page mentioning European work:

“I am not packing up completely, I will keep a few trucks on UK work with set daily runs, it’s very easy to manage and takes care of itself, but I’ve made the decision to stop all European work from 30th Sep 2022. This isn’t because I’m skint or I have health problems as some gossiping drivers who don’t even know me are telling everyone. It’s simply because I feel its time. The amount of time & effort that goes into planning European work is crazy, its not a 9-5 job, it’s a 24/7 365 job. I’ve lost count of the amount of times Pete has called me at silly o clock with issues that we have all had to get up and deal with. I could write a book with all the situations we have had to sort out in the last 20 years. Also, this isn’t Brexit related, 2020/2021 & 2022 have been the busiest years we have ever had, Brexit made it more difficult, but it also made it much busier.”/quote]

Thanks for the link Cav551.

So, Brexit didnt kill Whites Transport. Good.
It has made things more difficult, and made him busier.

As some companies pull out of EU work, others take up the slack. Whites dropping EU work totally means more work for "Joe Bloggs". That doesnt mean Brexit has made more transport work available, does it?

The UK export figures show that there has been a drop in exports, hence a drop in income for the country. That doesnt mean that every single haulier has less work. As some drop out, others pick up a bit more. The country as a whole losing doesnt mean, every single thing is a loss, all the time. The company I`ve been driving for has earnt more because of Brexit.
The end consumer is paying for the longer time we need to make trips, the extra docs needed. We are paying more taxes for extra civil servants.

Nothing there says anything positive about Brexit that I can see.
Anyone spell out what I am missing, please? How is Brexit making the UK better?

Well it certainly made Whites more money. I’m not quite sure how you equate “being busier” to be worse off! Perhaps it’s better for you to remain as an employee my friend if the concept of being busier doesn’t translate to making more money.

the maoster:
Well it certainly made Whites more money. I’m not quite sure how you equate “being busier” to be worse off! Perhaps it’s better for you to remain as an employee my friend if the concept of being busier doesn’t translate to making more money.

Being busier doesn`t always translate into more earnings does it?

A wise man once said to me “anyone can be a busy fool”, how true was that?
trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewto … 9#p2669109

Im *not saying* that is the case with Whites. I dont know one way or tother.
Where do you see him saying it was more profitable because of Brexit? He did say it was more difficult, and difficulties make more work in my experience.

Some companies are making money from Brexit*, but the country as a whole is losing.

*the only predictions of Brexit being being totally one-sided I remember was David Davies, who said
“There will be no downside to Brexit, only a considerable upside” Oct 2016.

> the maoster:
> Speaking of Brexit our Cornish correspondent has been quiet lately, I can only assume that he’s been bombarding the local letters pages in the meantime :wink:

I had thought the thread had gone quiet recently and I was about to give it a kick, but another flurry means I can go back to just watching the entertainment.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

whisperingsmith:
> the maoster:
> Speaking of Brexit our Cornish correspondent has been quiet lately, I can only assume that he’s been bombarding the local letters pages in the meantime :wink:

I had thought the thread had gone quiet recently and I was about to give it a kick, but another flurry means I can go back to just watching the entertainment.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The “Washington Post” has just published an outsiders view of Brexit so far. I cant see much to argue with in it.
washingtonpost.com/world/20 … it-legacy/

Seems like a well written honest article without a biased opinion or particular viewpoint.