Brexit , borders and lorries

Stop The Presses! Breaking news from the Express.
express.co.uk/news/politics … ohnson-spt
The Express now reports on Bonnie Greer last year. (A timely improvement on some of their reporting)
There seems to be a problem with the Johnson “oven ready deal”. Who could have foreseen that? Not our Brexit leaders, that’s for sure, but a playwright did.
(No RobRoy, I’m not gnashing my teeth and swearing, I’m wide eyed in amazement at how much worse the situation is than even I thought it could be!)

Franglais:
Stop The Presses! Breaking news from the Express.
express.co.uk/news/politics … ohnson-spt
The Express now reports on Bonnie Greer last year. (A timely improvement on some of their reporting)
There seems to be a problem with the Johnson “oven ready deal”. Who could have foreseen that? Not our Brexit leaders, that’s for sure, but a playwright did.
(No RobRoy, I’m not gnashing my teeth and swearing, I’m wide eyed in amazement at how much worse the situation is than even I thought it could be!)

Project ‘fear’ has turned out to be project ‘quite optimistic’…

No Ships’ Chris Grayling To Be Paid £100,000 A Year To Advise Ports Company
Grayling, once dubbed the “worst transport secretary of all time”, will collect his six-figure salary for just seven hours of work per week.
Nice work if you can get it .
According to a Parliament question consultants were paid £ 800 000 to advise ’ failing’ Grayling on the Seabourne freight contract, so transport consultant is a good earner too. :unamused:

One door closes.
theguardian.com/politics/20 … de-says-eu
Another opens
opendemocracy.net/en/opende … -nhs-data/
Well, no danger to us, from unelected EU officials then.
[emoji57]

UK’s fifth richest man quits Britain: Petrochemicals magnate Sir Jim Ratcliffe who’s worth £17.5 BILLION moves to tax-free Monaco

Sir Jim Ratcliffe has officially moved from Hampshire to tax-free Monaco
The petrochemicals magnate was the UK’s third highest individual taxpayer
He was recently knighted by the Queen and was a prominent Brexiteer in 2016

Petrochemicals magnate Sir Jim Ratcliffe has moved to Monaco where he is expected to save an estimated £4billion in tax.

The founder and chief executive of petrochemicals company Ineos, 67, has moved from Hampshire to the tax-free soveriegn city state, reported the Guardian.

People who live in Monaco for at least 183 days a year do not pay any income or property taxes. In the UK, meanwhile, the highest tax rate is 45 per cent on income above £150,000-a-year.

Ratcliffe was the UK’s third highest individual taxpayer and forked out £110million in 2017-18, according to the Sunday Times tax list.

He isn’t the first Briton to make the move. He follows Topshop boss Phillip Green and his wife Tina; Simon and David Reuben; Matalan boss John Hargreaves; and Lewis Hamilton.

The Brexiteer recorded his official place of residence as Monaco when he updated his details as Director of private jet company Hampshire Aviations on Companies House.

It comes soon after he was knighted by the Queen for ‘services to business and investment’.

After the referendum, Ratcliffe said of the negotiations: 'We must listen, we must be unwaveringly polite and retain our charm.

‘But there is no room for weakness or crumpling at 3am when the going gets tough and most points are won or lost.’

Ratcliffe, who owns 60 per cent of Ineos, has seen his personal fortune increase from an estimated £9.5bn in January 2019 to £17.5bn today, according to the Bloomberg billionaires index.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Ineos said: ‘We don’t comment on the personal details of our directors and employees.’

In May Ratcliffe came under fire when he furloughed almost 800 members of staff from his luxury hotel groups.

In 2018 the chemical company founder is reported to have attempted to buy Chelsea Football Club from owner Roman Abramovich, but nothing went ahead as he was unwilling to pay the Russian owner’s valuation of the club.

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … onaco.html

Why would Sir Ratcliffe be moving out of the country now?

He voted for Brexit, was a huge proponent of Brexit, he got what he wanted, and now is abandoning his Brexit paradise and moving to tax free haven of Monaco after moving his car production plant from Wales to the EU?

I thought he was opposing EU, wanted to make the UK strong and successful country, so he should be investing in this country, paying his taxes in this country, especially that he got the Brexit vote, he so advocated for, people listened to him, followed his lead, voted the way he wanted , and now he is leaving the Brexit paradise?

Who is going to be supporting this Brexit paradise when all the rich Brexiters are abandoning the ship?

This document has been around for a while, but it gives some idea of what changes are coming up Jan, April, and July 2021.
assets.publishing.service.gov.u … _Model.pdf
Fill your coffee mug before opening it!

hkloss1:
Why would Sir Ratcliffe be moving out of the country now?

To avoid paying his share of the £470 million spend on customs facilities?
His UK companies wont avoid their share of the £12.8billion for customs declarations.....annually... [theguardian.com/politics/20 ... g-shake-up](https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/13/uk-to-open-10-12-brexit-border-customs-sites-in-eu-trading-shake-up) Unless of course he follows the lead of Brexiteer James Dyson? Leave means: screw you, Im off.

British people

Thanks to Brexit, the status of British people is changing when it comes to work. Until December 31st they have the same rights as EU or Schengen zone citizens to work in France, but after that things change.

The exact conditions under which British people can live and/or work in France from January 1st 2021 are yet to be decided.

However British people will then be counted as ‘third country nationals’ - ie non Europeans - in France so if a separate deal is not negotiated in the next three months, British people will default to the same rules as are currently in place for other non-Europeans.

The uncertainty around the status of Brits from 2021 is already having an impact in ski resorts - traditionally a major destination for British saisonniers - where some job adverts have been spotted saying they will not accept applications from Brits.

If you are not currently resident in France but move here before December 31st your rights are covered under the Withdrawal Agreement, which makes both residency and working considerably easier -

Brexit Responsible for Even More Assets Leaving the UK for the EU

Investment bank, JP Morgan, last week announced another £180 billion leaving the UK for the EU, to go along with the trillion pounds that left last year through various banks and other financial services operators. Boris Johnson’s hard brexit will inevitably lead to even more assets being stripped from the country as our legitimate financial sector shrinks over the next decade.

youtube.com/watch?v=iyhY-bqX04Q

^^^ You probably should just leave. I hate overly loud music in pubs. If I find myself in one I simply leave and take my business elsewhere.

If you’ve already left the pub then why do you care so passionately about what’s going on in that pub? Smacks of sour grapes to me tbh.

the maoster:
^^^ You probably should just leave. I hate overly loud music in pubs. If I find myself in one I simply leave and take my business elsewhere.

If you’ve already left the pub then why do you care so passionately about what’s going on in that pub? Smacks of sour grapes to me tbh.

Good analogy. But there are other pubs and clubs within walking distance should you wish to visit them.
Brexit? Maybe involves a little more than a noisy pub.

hkloss1:
UK’s fifth richest man quits Britain: Petrochemicals magnate Sir Jim Ratcliffe who’s worth £17.5 BILLION moves to tax-free Monaco

Petrochemicals magnate Sir Jim Ratcliffe has moved to Monaco where he is expected to save an estimated £4billion in tax.

The founder and chief executive of petrochemicals company Ineos, 67, has moved from Hampshire to the tax-free soveriegn city state, reported the Guardian.

People who live in Monaco for at least 183 days a year do not pay any income or property taxes. In the UK, meanwhile, the highest tax rate is 45 per cent on income above £150,000-a-year.

Ratcliffe was the UK’s third highest individual taxpayer and forked out £110million in 2017-18, according to the Sunday Times tax list.

He isn’t the first Briton to make the move. He follows Topshop boss Phillip Green and his wife Tina; Simon and David Reuben; Matalan boss John Hargreaves; and Lewis Hamilton.

The Brexiteer recorded his official place of residence as Monaco when he updated his details as Director of private jet company Hampshire Aviations on Companies House.

It comes soon after he was knighted by the Queen for ‘services to business and investment’.

After the referendum, Ratcliffe said of the negotiations: 'We must listen, we must be unwaveringly polite and retain our charm.

‘But there is no room for weakness or crumpling at 3am when the going gets tough and most points are won or lost.’

Ratcliffe, who owns 60 per cent of Ineos, has seen his personal fortune increase from an estimated £9.5bn in January 2019 to £17.5bn today, according to the Bloomberg billionaires index.

In a statement, a spokesperson for Ineos said: ‘We don’t comment on the personal details of our directors and employees.’

In May Ratcliffe came under fire when he furloughed almost 800 members of staff from his luxury hotel groups.

In 2018 the chemical company founder is reported to have attempted to buy Chelsea Football Club from owner Roman Abramovich, but nothing went ahead as he was unwilling to pay the Russian owner’s valuation of the club.

The comments in the Mail on that article are beyond hilarious. They’re defending a greedy ■■■■ who encouraged the thickos who read the Mail to vote for Brexit, and now he’s ■■■■■■ off to Monaco to avoid paying tax in the mess of a country he’s supposedly patriotic about.

dexxy57:

hkloss1:

The comments in the Mail on that article are beyond hilarious. They’re defending a greedy [zb] who encouraged the thickos who read the Mail to vote for Brexit, and now he’s [zb] off to Monaco to avoid paying tax in the mess of a country he’s supposedly patriotic about.

The Sun put up a strong defence of him too. Is Murdoch a buddy of his?
That is the Richard Murdoch who gave up his Australian citizenship to buy US media interests, and whose rags enjoy shouting about patriotism and stopping free movement of people? The one who owns papers that try very hard to influence UK politicians and voters, whilst moaning about any influence used by elected officials etc?

the maoster:

You are very good about giving advice maoster, but not so very good at following your own advice.
You could have simply left the country while we were still in the EU if you were so unhappy about the conditions we were getting while being part of the EU. What shopped you from staying in, complaining about everything and then voting to take this country out of the richest trading block in the world where every country has its say, can change the law and have real influence on how the EU works?
Instead you decided to ■■■■ this country up, throw it on it’s knees begging for somebody to give us a good deal.

So, while we are at it, can you list in clearly defined points all the tangible benefits of us leaving the EU?
What exactly other countries are desperate to be buying from us that they can’t wait to strike a free trade deal with us?

I will patiently be waiting for your detailed reply , Maoster.

I think where you’re both going wrong is saying us. There is no us, you both should say what is in it for me. Nobody gives a monkeys about your needs , they are only interested in what’s in it for them. It’s human nature and everyone but everyone is the same.

hkloss1:

the maoster:

You are very good about giving advice maoster, but not so very good at following your own advice.
You could have simply left the country while we were still in the EU if you were so unhappy about the conditions we were getting while being part of the EU. What shopped you from staying in, complaining about everything and then voting to take this country out of the richest trading block in the world where every country has its say, can change the law and have real influence on how the EU works?
Instead you decided to [zb] this country up, throw it on it’s knees begging for somebody to give us a good deal.

So, while we are at it, can you list in clearly defined points all the tangible benefits of us leaving the EU?
What exactly other countries are desperate to be buying from us that they can’t wait to strike a free trade deal with us?

And in the same vein you have had four years in which to pack your bags, so where would you go, Spain? poor employment prospects, France or Germany better job prospects but you’ll discover that without additional training your European wide HGV licence is not accepted or perhaps the xenophobic and homophobic east, who are rapidly discovering that the EU doesn’t like individual thinking or deviation from the rules unless of course you are one of the big boys then you can pick and choose which ones you follow. EU fiscal rules being a prime example Germany and France the first countries to both break the rules and face no sanctions.

[quote=“hkloss1”

I will patiently be waiting for your detailed reply , Maoster.[/quote]
Spitfires.
Spitfires, Morris Marinas and warm beer. The world can’t get enough of British quality. We’ll clean up. Plus, we’ll get our Empire back won’t we? No more being a reluctant team player alongside these shifty Europeans, we’ll be captain of our own global team.
Look out world, here comes ‘Global Britain’, and we do things OUR way.
The feelgood factor is kicking in already. Gawd bless yer Mr Francois. (em, maybe we could tweak that name a little Mark? Maybe Mr Frank? Mr Frankley? something a little less, you know, French?)

dexxy57:
[quote=“hkloss1”

Spitfires.
Spitfires, Morris Marinas and warm beer. The world can’t get enough of British quality. We’ll clean up. Plus, we’ll get our Empire back won’t we? No more being a reluctant team player alongside these shifty Europeans, we’ll be captain of our own global team.
Look out world, here comes ‘Global Britain’, and we do things OUR way.
The feelgood factor is kicking in already. Gawd bless yer Mr Francois. (em, maybe we could tweak that name a little Mark? Maybe Mr Frank? Mr Frankley? something a little less, you know, French?)
[/quote]
Any different form Sean Connery telling Scots to vote for independence from the luxury of the Bahama’s rich and powerful people will always be hypocrites.

Mazzer2:

hkloss1:

the maoster:

Instead you decided to [zb] this country up, throw it on it’s knees begging for somebody to give us a good deal.

And in the same vein you have had four years in which to pack your bags, so where would you go, Spain? poor employment prospects, France or Germany better job prospects but you’ll discover that without additional training your European wide HGV licence is not accepted or perhaps the xenophobic and homophobic east, who are rapidly discovering that the EU doesn’t like individual thinking or deviation from the rules unless of course you are one of the big boys then you can pick and choose which ones you follow. EU fiscal rules being a prime example Germany and France the first countries to both break the rules and face no sanctions.

So, what stopped you Mazzer , from moving out of the country, do get a better paying HGV job somewhere else, while it was doing well within the EU again, as I didn’t spot an answer?
You might be surprised to learn that while being in the EU I wouldn’t need to do any additional training to do the job there, same as any EU citizen didn’t have to do when moving to the UK and wanting to drive lorries here.
HGV licences, ADR licences were universaly recognized in all EU countries, and did not require any additional training.
Maybe, you are aware of some regulations that I am not aware of, Mazzer, enlighten me , please.
This country was a worthy place to work as an HGV driver, while we were in the EU and could enjoy EU guaranteed human, employment rights, work under tachograph rules, and get paid in a currency that was backed by reasonably strong economy, benefiting from having access to the richest trading block in the whole world.
Now this is going to be changing, and the currency everyone considered as one of the most important in the world is going to be going down the toilet, and it already has gone to some degree.
A country that hasn’t got a strong economy, businesses ties with other countries, can not have a strong economy and currency.
So, to answer your point about xenofobic countries in the East. Would you be happy living in a country that one group of people, doesn’t have the same rights as other, mainstream groups of people have?
Or that judicial system is being eroded?
EU has a set of rules, values, if you don’t want to follow them, you don’t belong there.
So, now we know, Mazzer, you are not happy about EUs insistence on respecting the rule of law, and protecting LGBT rights in those EU member countries. What else are you unhappy about the EU?

How about , also, trying to help Maoster answering those two basic questions I asked in my earlier post?
Surely, you must have made up your mind, by now, regarding those very basic points.

Fast track lorry parks now! transport-network.co.uk/Cou … arks/16859