Brexit , borders and lorries

Mazzer2:
Any different form Sean Connery telling Scots to vote for independence from the luxury of the Bahama’s rich and powerful people will always be hypocrites.

Fair point. No country has a monopoly of hypocrisy.

hkloss1:
So, while we are at it, can you list in clearly defined points all the tangible benefits of us leaving the EU…

From where I’m sitting the foremost tangible benefit is witnessing your ■■■■■■■ and bleating! Honestly, it really does give me a warm glow. You lost, get over it

P.s. I didn’t leave before because I was content, I’m ecstatic now. What’s your excuse for hanging around?

hkloss1:

Mazzer2:

hkloss1:

the maoster:
^^^ You probably should just leave. I hate overly loud music in pubs. If I find myself in one I simply leave and take my business elsewhere.

If you’ve already left the pub then why do you care so passionately about what’s going on in that pub? Smacks of sour grapes to me tbh.

You are very good about giving advice maoster, but not so very good at following your own advice.
You could have simply left the country while we were still in the EU if you were so unhappy about the conditions we were getting while being part of the EU. What shopped you from staying in, complaining about everything and then voting to take this country out of the richest trading block in the world where every country has its say, can change the law and have real influence on how the EU works?
Instead you decided to [zb] this country up, throw it on it’s knees begging for somebody to give us a good deal.

So, while we are at it, can you list in clearly defined points all the tangible benefits of us leaving the EU?
What exactly other countries are desperate to be buying from us that they can’t wait to strike a free trade deal with us?

I will patiently be waiting for your detailed reply , Maoster.

And in the same vein you have had four years in which to pack your bags, so where would you go, Spain? poor employment prospects, France or Germany better job prospects but you’ll discover that without additional training your European wide HGV licence is not accepted or perhaps the xenophobic and homophobic east, who are rapidly discovering that the EU doesn’t like individual thinking or deviation from the rules unless of course you are one of the big boys then you can pick and choose which ones you follow. EU fiscal rules being a prime example Germany and France the first countries to both break the rules and face no sanctions.

So, what stopped you Mazzer , from moving out of the country, do get a better paying HGV job somewhere else, while it was doing well within the EU again, as I didn’t spot an answer?
You might be surprised to learn that while being in the EU I wouldn’t need to do any additional training to do the job there, same as any EU citizen didn’t have to do when moving to the UK and wanting to drive lorries here.
HGV licences, ADR licences were universaly recognized in all EU countries, and did not require any additional training.
Maybe, you are aware of some regulations that I am not aware of, Mazzer, enlighten me , please.
This country was a worthy place to work as an HGV driver, while we were in the EU and could enjoy EU guaranteed human, employment rights, work under tachograph rules, and get paid in a currency that was backed by reasonably strong economy, benefiting from having access to the richest trading block in the whole world.
Now this is going to be changing, and the currency everyone considered as one of the most important in the world is going to be going down the toilet, and it already has gone to some degree.
A country that hasn’t got a strong economy, businesses ties with other countries, can not have a strong economy and currency.
So, to answer your point about xenofobic countries in the East. Would you be happy living in a country that one group of people, doesn’t have the same rights as other, mainstream groups of people have?
Or that judicial system is being eroded?
EU has a set of rules, values, if you don’t want to follow them, you don’t belong there.
So, now we know, Mazzer, you are not happy about EUs insistence on respecting the rule of law, and protecting LGBT rights in those EU member countries. What else are you unhappy about the EU?

How about , also, trying to help Maoster answering those two basic questions I asked in my earlier post?
Surely, you must have made up your mind, by now, regarding those very basic points.

If you knew anything about me you would know that I live in N.I. yet work in the Republic have mentioned it plenty of times. You have a brilliant way of twisting what people say I didn’t say it was a good thing to live in a xenophobic or homophobic country I was just pointing out that the EU is not some kind of equal utopia read the posts. Are you suggesting that the EE countries that don’t want to follow EU rules should be kicked out? How about those that don’t follow the fiscal rules should they be kicked out too? As for the EU’s insistence on following rules the big players have a poor track record for following them yet are keen to insist that others do. Again read the posts and maybe get your news from more than source and you might discover some home truths about the EU, remainers are always keen to point out the EU’s good features yet gloss over it’s faults, faults that the EU is no rush to sort out.

Labour opposition members at Suffolk CC have asked their county’s MPs to persuade the Government to provide information on the location of lorry parks, their capacity and for how long they will operate.

Group leader, Cllr Sarah Adams, said: ‘We’ve known Brexit was coming for some time so to catapult the lorry parks at virtually no notice is a nasty way to treat residents, a large number of whom voted to leave the EU.’ Ha ha ha

For Hkloss if you are a resident of France you cannot keep your licence from DVLA and will have to exchange it for a French one, in which case before gaining employment as an HGV driver you will have sit a written exam. It has been mentioned plenty of times in various posts on this forum and the likes of Owen Money have been happy to explain that in the past to people enquiring about relocating to France.

Capt blackadder sums it up succinctly…

Nicked! Lol

Baldrick: “What I want to know, sir, is before there was a Euro there were lots of different types of money that different people used. Now there’s only one type of money that the foreign people use. Now, what I want to know is, how did we get from one state of affairs to the other state of affairs?”

Blackadder:"Baldrick ,do you mean, how did the Euro start?

Baldrick: “Yes sir.”

Blackadder: “Well, you see Baldrick, back in the 1980’s there were many different countries all running their own finances and using different types of money. On one side you had the major economies of France, Belgium, Holland and Germany and on the other, the weaker nations of Spain, Greece, Ireland, Italy and Portugal. They got together and decided that it would be much easier for everyone if they could all use the same money, have one Central Bank and belong to one large club where everyone would be happy. This meant that there could never be a situation where financial meltdown would lead to social unrest, wars and crises.”

Baldrick: “But there is a sort of a crisis, isn’t it sir?”

Blackadder: “That’s right Baldrick. You see, there was only one slight flaw with the plan.”

Baldrick: “What was that then sir?”

Blackadder: “It was ■■■■■■■■.”

Mazzer2:
For Hkloss if you are a resident of France you cannot keep your licence from DVLA and will have to exchange it for a French one, in which case before gaining employment as an HGV driver you will have sit a written exam. It has been mentioned plenty of times in various posts on this forum and the likes of Owen Money have been happy to explain that in the past to people enquiring about relocating to France.

I thought it was the opposite.
Up until recently a UK vocational licence could be straight swooped for a French or other EU one. But now, with Stupid Brexit looming the EU companies are less willing to accept we UK drivers?
I’m sure Owen will speak for himself, but I know of two drivers who simply swopped their licences over. One is still driving for a Fr company on a Fr licence with a UK CPC.
Brexit might mean all UK drivers will need international licences, depending on what aort of agreement ia or isnt signed, and if anyone actually honours it! OK it’s only a few quid each year, and a visit to the Post Office, but it is another small point.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Up until recently a UK vocational licence could be straight swooped for a French or other EU one. But now, with Stupid Brexit looming the EU companies are less willing to accept we UK drivers?
I’m sure Owen will speak for himself, but I know of two drivers who simply swopped their licences over. One is still driving for a Fr company on a Fr licence with a UK CPC.
Brexit might mean all UK drivers will need international licences, depending on what aort of agreement ia or isnt signed, and if anyone actually honours it! OK it’s only a few quid each year, and a visit to the Post Office, but it is another small point.

If you Have relocated to France and hold a French address then you will have to enter the French system if I move 20 miles down the road to the ROI then I have to swap my UK licence and then get my CPC through the Irish system, agreed if you are living in the UK and working for an Irish company then you can still work on your UK cards, the point I was trying to make is that if you relocate to another country then you have to abide their rules and just because it is another EU country it does not necessarily follow that your UK entitlement will be a straight swap, for example if you relocate to Germany as a painter and decorator then to work in that trade for a German company you will need to gain your malermeister certificate, to be able to do this you will need to be fluent in German so although EU qualifications are supposed to work throughout the EU different countries have their own rules.
The guy who is driving on a French licence with a UK CPC, how does he renew his CPC without a UK licence?

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

If you Have relocated to France and hold a French address then you will have to enter the French system if I move 20 miles down the road to the ROI then I have to swap my UK licence and then get my CPC through the Irish system, agreed if you are living in the UK and working for an Irish company then you can still work on your UK cards, the point I was trying to make is that if you relocate to another country then you have to abide their rules and just because it is another EU country it does not necessarily follow that your UK entitlement will be a straight swap, for example if you relocate to Germany as a painter and decorator then to work in that trade for a German company you will need to gain your malermeister certificate, to be able to do this you will need to be fluent in German so although EU qualifications are supposed to work throughout the EU different countries have their own rules.
The guy who is driving on a French licence with a UK CPC, how does he renew his CPC without a UK licence?

When said driver needs to renew his CPC I expect he will do so in France.
But your post says to get a licence or job you first have to sit a written exam.
I think not.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

But your post says to get a licence or job you first have to sit a written exam.
I think not.

So is the French equivalent of the CPC not far more in depth? He can only hold that job until his UK entitlement runs out then he must enter the French system, my mistake if the I thought the French system was the same as ours where you can sit in a classroom for 7 hours and pay no attention. :smiley:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

I think not.

So is the French equivalent of the CPC not far more in depth? He can only hold that job until his UK entitlement runs out then he must enter the French system, my mistake if the I thought the French system was the same as ours where you can sit in a classroom for 7 hours and pay no attention. :smiley:

I’m sure you are correct that the French have for many years had a proper periodic training system.
But the point remains that they do (currently) accept our waste of time, box ticking exercise.

The point I was trying to make (not to well) is that there are different standards to do the same job throughout the EU even though EU policy is that whatever qualifications that you acquired in your home country they should be fully transferable to whichever country you choose to live in. The fact that some countries have higher standards is not a bad thing but it means that they are less impacted by things such as low skilled immigration and so don’t see the fuss, despite France being closer to the EE countries than the UK it has far less EE immigration than the UK and so you can see why it is not an issue with the French electorate.

Mazzer2:
The point I was trying to make (not to well) is that there are different standards to do the same job throughout the EU even though EU policy is that whatever qualifications that you acquired in your home country they should be fully transferable to whichever country you choose to live in. The fact that some countries have higher standards is not a bad thing but it means that they are less impacted by things such as low skilled immigration and so don’t see the fuss, despite France being closer to the EE countries than the UK it has far less EE immigration than the UK and so you can see why it is not an issue with the French electorate.

I’m not at all sure you’re correct there.
The point is that even if a country has higher standards, they must accept other lower standards.
And this happens as I’ve described. French companies accepting drivers with UK CPCs.
German Meister Painters?
I certainly don’t know, and am about to get an early night, so can’t ask Mr Google! But how can Germany refuse another EU equivalent qualification? The point here being that a UK qualified nurse couldn’t get a job as German doctor, or vice versa. Qualifications need to be recognized ( right or wrong) as the same. Heaven forged we honest Brits would make a mockery of rules with a cheap shortcut and a Mickey Mouse cert!
Does the UK or Poland have Master Painter certificates recognized by the EU? IF they do they should be recognized, if they don’t then no choice but to sit the German exam, I guess.

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

The point is that even if a country has higher standards, they must accept other lower standards.
And this happens as I’ve described. French companies accepting drivers with UK CPCs.
German Meister Painters?
I certainly don’t know, and am about to get an early night, so can’t ask Mr Google! But how can Germany refuse another EU equivalent qualification? The point here being that a UK qualified nurse couldn’t get a job as German doctor, or vice versa. Qualifications need to be recognized ( right or wrong) as the same. Heaven forged we honest Brits would make a mockery of rules with a cheap shortcut and a Mickey Mouse cert!
Does the UK or Poland have Master Painter certificates recognized by the EU? IF they do they should be recognized, if they don’t then no choice but to sit the German exam, I guess.

But this is where the different styles of qualifications can affect different members in different ways a lot of UK training in all trades has been on the job with little attention paid to certificates. A German painter with his certificate is probably no better a painter than a UK or Polish one without a certificate, but it maintains the integrity of the German trade and makes it harder for foreigners to get a job the knock on effect being that despite freedom of movement the German’s are less affected by low skill immigration and so do not see what the UK is complaining about when it says it has a problem with the numbers.
As for health workers you will not get a job unless you are fluent in German, yet look at all the fuss that was made when the entry level of English was increased to work in the NHS. despite there being a number of cases where patients had been put at risk.
If you want to look at the cause of EU resentment in the UK then look no further than successive British PM’s who have constantly lied to the British public about the EU, blamed it for their mistakes, came back from treaty signings saying it’s insignificant while the briefing coming from Brussels is completely different any wonder the electorate got fed up voted how they did

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

German Meister Painters?

But this is where the different styles of qualifications can affect different members in different ways a lot of UK training in all trades has been on the job with little attention paid to certificates. A German painter with his certificate is probably no better a painter than a UK or Polish one without a certificate, but it maintains the integrity of the German trade and makes it harder for foreigners to get a job the knock on effect being that despite freedom of movement the German’s are less affected by low skill immigration and so do not see what the UK is complaining about when it says it has a problem with the numbers.
As for health workers you will not get a job unless you are fluent in German, yet look at all the fuss that was made when the entry level of English was increased to work in the NHS. despite there being a number of cases where patients had been put at risk.
If you want to look at the cause of EU resentment in the UK then look no further than successive British PM’s who have constantly lied to the British public about the EU, blamed it for their mistakes, came back from treaty signings saying it’s insignificant while the briefing coming from Brussels is completely different any wonder the electorate got fed up voted how they did

I’ll partly agree with your last paragraph.
The British public voted the way they did partly because of the lies they were told by politicians. And also lies in the media.
Some surely voted with their eyes open, but I think many misunderstood many issues. I’m sure some still do!

the maoster:

hkloss1:
So, while we are at it, can you list in clearly defined points all the tangible benefits of us leaving the EU…

From where I’m sitting the foremost tangible benefit is witnessing your ■■■■■■■ and bleating! Honestly, it really does give me a warm glow. You lost, get over it

Yes, I fully agree with you, that would be the only tangible benefit of Brexit.
At least you are being honest, mate and don’t try to beat around the bush

the maoster:
P.s. I didn’t leave before because I was content, I’m ecstatic now. What’s your excuse for hanging around?

Since you were content before Brexit, why did you want to change everything, turn things upside down and vote for Brexit?
What did you think Brexit could improve, since you were content how things were already?

If I knew the vote would turn the way it turned I would have made the right moves, but after the Brexit it was to late, as GBP tanked and already,a matter of minutes lost so much value.
I wasn’t able to liquidate my little assets denominated in GBP, as I didn’t not have them in a currency trading account than could be converted in a matter of minutes,or should I say , seconds and you don’t sell things when they are cheap, but when they get expensive, so now it’s too late for that.
Another reason is I have a very good job in this could,that I would still struggle to find if I was to move abroad, considering my age and that I would need to be starting from the bottom again, no matter where I decided to move, but I never say never,things might get so desperate in this country that even taking a financial hit, selling all and moving abroad, even in my situation, might make sense.

For the time being I am having a front row seat watching movie “Unravelling of a great Brexit lie”

@ Mazzer

No, You are right Mazeer, I know nothing about you, as I only noticed you existed , a couple of weeks ago, when you posted on this tread, so wasn’t even aware where you are or what do.

OK, lets just take a look at your post here:

What exactly did I twist, as you said “In a brilliant way”

You said: " …xenofobic and homofobic east, who are quickly discovering, that the EU doesn’t like individual thinking or deviation from the rules, unless they are benefiting the big boys… "
Clearly, you are sympathizing here with the Eastern EU countries’ current politicians in power and some of their homofobic policies, but then when I point that in my reply you are getting upset about me accusing you of just that.

When you join an organization, you commit yourself to abiding by the rules , you sign the terms and condition, which have read and familiarised yourself with, you need to then stick to them, or am I wrong here?

So, yes, if an EU country doesn’t respect the agreement they signed, they should be kicked out, that’s pretty much common sense, isn’t it Mazzer?
If you rent a flat to tenants and they do not respect the rules they have signed when they were moving in, you kicked them out, isn’t it Mazzer? What would you do with tenants that don’t respect the rules they signed d when they were moving in?a

If you are joining your local golf club and you sign terms and conditions of the membership, you are legally bound to respect them and if not, you get kicked out.

I work with a few , very reasonable EU national, from countries that we are talking here about, so , I know exactly what the issues are.

They themselves say,they are now having the worst governments in power since the fall of communism in 1989, and even late communists governments were better than the parties that have been in power for the last several years, and that’s saying something.
The way the current parties in government gained power, was similar to how Brexit vote happened, they promissed simle people significant improvement in their living standards, and when people are poor, they vote for the ones that offer them something for no effort of their own, “you vote for us and we will make your life better”, same as Brexit.

These parties when they got into power, because of their own twisted ideologies started to change the democratic law that these countries introduced after the fall of communism, which obviously contradicts with the rule of law that governs the EU and how EU countries should operate.
These governments have been getting warned over the last several years, to stop bending the democratic laws, their countries signed up to when joining the EU, but their current populist politicians in power think they can get away with it, and they can create their little dictatorships in the middle of the EU.

So, once again, the current problems between the EU and some of the EE countries are that the current EE politici when they came to power:

1. Decided to change their countries democratic laws, making them aut!authoritarian, deciding which groups can be accepted and which not
  2. Taking over public media and installing their people in there, to make sure the people watch news, presenting their party lines
  3. Changing judicial system

They also are dead set against accepting immigrants from cultures that are not compatible with their own, but in this case, I don’t blame them, as they would stupid to allow it to happen, seeing what has happen to liberal immigration policies in the western europe. They are just trying to preserve their own cultural identities. Can’t blame them for that.

when exactly did I say, the EU was an utopia?

I’ve been saying in the past, the EU is not perfect, but the best thing this continent has and the best thing that is currently possible.
The EU structure and functioning can be improved, improving it, will still take many years, and is already well underway, but if you educate yourself from sources such as TNUK, you would have missed it.
The EU is the best thing that has ever happened to this continent by a long shot, and all countries involved are going to be doing all they can to keep it going, not because the EU is a utopia, but because any serious, responsible politician knows, it’s the best thing they can currently get.
If you want to change the EU, you can change from withing, by creating alliances and getting enough votes behind your ideas, and makeing sure, your ideas will benefit as many paople, countries on the continent as possible, because even in the EU, it’s all about the balance of power, the stronger your country is, the more influence it has, the more your country can achieve, that’s why as you correctly mentioned, Germany and France, can do a little more than smaller countries, because of their size, strenght and importance for the EU as a whole
The UK had the best deal with the EU, out of all the rich EU countries and has decided to give it all up. Incredible.
The UK had as much influence (votes in the EU parliament) as all the other two Germany and France, but why wasn’t it as effective at creating alliances , getting it’s points across as Germany and France?

When it comes again to doing this job in other EU countries.
It was easy to come for any EU national to come and work in this country, you just had to send your own drivers licence to DVLA and in a couple of weeks time, you were getting a UK equivalent. No need to pass any test and I suspect the same was when going to do the job in any other EU country.

hkloss1:
@ Mazzer

No, You are right Mazeer, I know nothing about you, as I only noticed you existed , a couple of weeks ago, when you posted on this tread, so wasn’t even aware where you are or what do.

OK, lets just take a look at your post here:

What exactly did I twist, as you said “In a brilliant way”

You said: " …xenofobic and homofobic east, who are quickly discovering, that the EU doesn’t like individual thinking or deviation from the rules, unless they are benefiting the big boys… "
Clearly, you are sympathizing here with the Eastern EU countries’ current politicians in power and some of their homofobic policies, but then when I point that in my reply you are getting upset about me accusing you of just that.

When you join an organization, you commit yourself to abiding by the rules , you sign the terms and condition, which have read and familiarised yourself with, you need to then stick to them, or am I wrong here?

So, yes, if an EU country doesn’t respect the agreement they signed, they should be kicked out, that’s pretty much common sense, isn’t it Mazzer?
If you rent a flat to tenants and they do not respect the rules they have signed when they were moving in, you kicked them out, isn’t it Mazzer? What would you do with tenants that don’t respect the rules they signed d when they were moving in?a

If you are joining your local golf club and you sign terms and conditions of the membership, you are legally bound to respect them and if not, you get kicked out.

I work with a few , very reasonable EU national, from countries that we are talking here about, so , I know exactly what the issues are.

They themselves say,they are now having the worst governments in power since the fall of communism in 1989, and even late communists governments were better than the parties that have been in power for the last several years, and that’s saying something.
The way the current parties in government gained power, was similar to how Brexit vote happened, they promissed simle people significant improvement in their living standards, and when people are poor, they vote for the ones that offer them something for no effort of their own, “you vote for us and we will make your life better”, same as Brexit.

These parties when they got into power, because of their own twisted ideologies started to change the democratic law that these countries introduced after the fall of communism, which obviously contradicts with the rule of law that governs the EU and how EU countries should operate.
These governments have been getting warned over the last several years, to stop bending the democratic laws, their countries signed up to when joining the EU, but their current populist politicians in power think they can get away with it, and they can create their little dictatorships in the middle of the EU.

So, once again, the current problems between the EU and some of the EE countries are that the current EE politici when they came to power:

1. Decided to change their countries democratic laws, making them aut!authoritarian, deciding which groups can be accepted and which not
  2. Taking over public media and installing their people in there, to make sure the people watch news, presenting their party lines
  3. Changing judicial system

They also are dead set against accepting immigrants from cultures that are not compatible with their own, but in this case, I don’t blame them, as they would stupid to allow it to happen, seeing what has happen to liberal immigration policies in the western europe. They are just trying to preserve their own cultural identities. Can’t blame them for that.

when exactly did I say, the EU was an utopia?

I’ve been saying in the past, the EU is not perfect, but the best thing this continent has and the best thing that is currently possible.
The EU structure and functioning can be improved, improving it, will still take many years, and is already well underway, but if you educate yourself from sources such as TNUK, you would have missed it.
The EU is the best thing that has ever happened to this continent by a long shot, and all countries involved are going to be doing all they can to keep it going, not because the EU is a utopia, but because any serious, responsible politician knows, it’s the best thing they can currently get.
If you want to change the EU, you can change from withing, by creating alliances and getting enough votes behind your ideas, and makeing sure, your ideas will benefit as many paople, countries on the continent as possible, because even in the EU, it’s all about the balance of power, the stronger your country is, the more influence it has, the more your country can achieve, that’s why as you correctly mentioned, Germany and France, can do a little more than smaller countries, because of their size, strenght and importance for the EU as a whole
The UK had the best deal with the EU, out of all the rich EU countries and has decided to give it all up. Incredible.
The UK had as much influence (votes in the EU parliament) as all the other two Germany and France, but why wasn’t it as effective at creating alliances , getting it’s points across as Germany and France?

When it comes again to doing this job in other EU countries.
It was easy to come for any EU national to come and work in this country, you just had to send your own drivers licence to DVLA and in a couple of weeks time, you were getting a UK equivalent. No need to pass any test and I suspect the same was when going to do the job in any other EU country.

Although yo may not have described the EU as a “utopia” many people who voted remain constantly said why can’t the UK be more like Europe “you know less racist etc” without knowing very much about Europe, France last general election 33% of the country voted for a far right party, the far right to a lesser scale is also gaining traction in Germany. Compare this to how well far right parties have done in the UK even at the height of Brexit UKIP only managed one MP.
On to the rules of the ‘club’ yes every club has rules which should be applied to all members otherwise rules become very difficult to enforce as people will pick and choose which ones to follow. Germany and France two of the biggest members both the EU fiscal rules in 2003 and then took action to ensure they could not be sanctioned
ft.com/content/dfb8adf7-7ca … 8c0dc46924 yet in the financial crash were very quick to berate countries that did and then enforce action on them.
The rules were broken to allow Greece to join the euro this by the EU commission, Romania and Bulgaria did not meet the EU’s anti corruption criteria at the time of joining but yet still joined.
So now why is the EU surprised when the EE countries do not follow the rules because if you are to be kicked out for not following the rules the EU would be minus Germany, France, Greece, Romania and Bulgaria.
I agree about the way that some EE countries are being governed and my friends from there say the same as yours but it is difficult for the EU commission to sanction them whilst letting others get away not following the rules and the EE countries know this hence their disregard for some of the rules.
As for the UK’s poor performance in shaping some parts of EU policy you only have to look at how UK MEP’s act in Brussels compares to other countries, French MEP’s will put France’s interests first when debating EU policy British MEP’s seem to forget which country they are actually representing and just want to be good Europeans, apart from UKIP ones which was a farce in itself. As I said to Franglais, from the moment the UK joined and in the run up to joining the British public has continuously been lied to about Europe hardly any wonder that resentment grew.