Brewery Lorries

Leyland Olympian with ECW bodywork - A581NWX - West Riding:

Boddingtons Bitter.
Not what it used to be.
No longer produced in Cask.
Now brewed in Keg and Can at Samlesbury.

Credit to SCP for the photo.
Oily

NMP

ERF-NGC-European:
NMP

Looks like Cambridge looking in towards the city centre.

Kempston:

ERF-NGC-European:
NMP

I think that picture is St Mary’s Hill in Stamford, which was the old Great North Road (A1). The famous old wooden sign for the George Hotel that crosses the road can be seen in the background. Also the bus (probably from Peterborough) has Stamford on the destination board. The Grotneys dray would be delivering to the Queens Head which is long since closed.

Green Devil:

Kempston:

ERF-NGC-European:
NMP

I think that picture is St Mary’s Hill in Stamford, which was the old Great North Road (A1). The famous old wooden sign for the George Hotel that crosses the road can be seen in the background. Also the bus (probably from Peterborough) has Stamford on the destination board. The Grotneys dray would be delivering to the Queens Head which is long since closed.

Think you could be right green devil, hadn’t seen the old wooden sign over the road. George hotel is very nice, had lunch in there a couple of times with she who must be obeyed.

Kempston:

Green Devil:

Kempston:

ERF-NGC-European:
NMP

Think you could be right green devil, hadn’t seen the old wooden sign over the road. George hotel is very nice, had lunch in there a couple of times with she who must be obeyed.

You can’t be short of a shilling if you’ve had lunch at The George - especially if you’ve been more than once :smiley: :smiley:

I know why you thought Cambridge though - it does look like the stretch where you run into town from the bottom of Huntingdon Road

Well when I say lunch I mean a golden lemon and packet of crisps :wink: jokes aside it’s nice to spoil yourself every now and then, the rest of the time we just eat with all the poor people in other establishments :laughing: we like Stamford and Cambridge for a day out/shopping, Cambridge more so as I attend Hospital there so generally make a day of it.

East Lancs bodied Leyland Atlantean (A358HHG) - Blackpool Corporation Transport.
Advert for Mackeson Stout:

1928 Albion.
Oily

MAN - (PO62XZN) - Marstons:

Today in Leyland:

DAF LF - (MJ67YKT) - LWC:

Photographed today - delivering to the Market Ale House in Leyland.

The Leyland Depot of LWC is about 1 mile from the Market Ale House and the LF chassis cab was built at the DAF assembly plant about
2 miles away.
The Leyland sign (visible above the the truck) marks the entrance to Leyland Market which occupies a building that was formerly part
of one of the old Leyland Motors factory sites, (North Works).

All credit to Sandy Stevenson for the photos.
Oily

Brewery Sandy Stevenson cc by nc nd 2.0 7529689246_01ff5d1c17_o.jpg

Brewery Sandy Stevenson cc by nc nd 2.0 7529685924_10a500ffef_o.jpg

Guernsey, (June,1995). Replica tram (1931) advertising The Guernsey Brewery:

The tram is built on an Iveco - Ford chassis.
I believe that it was later exported to the UK mainland and registered as D749ULG.

Slight spillage

robthedog:
Slight spillage

“Roll out the barrel”

Wonder how many kegs are in the police van :open_mouth: cheers Ray

Courage.

Click on pages twice to read.

Credit to Richard Says for the photo.
Oily

Brewery Richard 51101490450_c1caf7effc_4k.jpg