Breaks

jay0:
Thanks dave. The sad part is someone else has taken this trailer out and others like it without giving it a second thought. This one would have weighed out at at least 40t.

I dont doubt it Jay, i’ve worked them, ive fought with them, i’ve put up with their crap about how long a job should take… in the end the buck stops with you and I don’t think theres many on here who would move a trailer with a tyre like that (well unless their walk round check was a little on the rushed side) yes it may be fine for a bit but heaven forbid the poop should hit the windy machine and it blows whilst a car is overtaking leading to a knock on effect of biblical proportions.

No doubt the tyre was changed as soon is got back to the yard and the whole thing swept under the carpet… sounds like a very dodgy outfit to me.

That crash recently on the M62/M180 was caused by a blow out so ■■■■ these idiots, you did the right thing.

This geezer had fertiliser on which caught fire. He only survived as the trailer detached from the unit and that other driver carried him away.

Dipper_Dave:

jay0:
Thanks dave. The sad part is someone else has taken this trailer out and others like it without giving it a second thought. This one would have weighed out at at least 40t.

I dont doubt it Jay, i’ve worked them, ive fought with them, i’ve put up with their crap about how long a job should take… in the end the buck stops with you and I don’t think theres many on here who would move a trailer with a tyre like that (well unless their walk round check was a little on the rushed side) yes it may be fine for a bit but heaven forbid the poop should hit the windy machine and it blows whilst a car is overtaking leading to a knock on effect of biblical proportions.

No doubt the tyre was changed as soon is got back to the yard and the whole thing swept under the carpet… sounds like a very dodgy outfit to me.

I can guarantee you that trailer is still being driven around with the same tyre on it.they don’t take mantenence very serious, My steer axel tyres are borderline legal and I’ve already asked for them to be replaced a few weeks ago but im still waiting. A new lad has just started so I’m hoping he is my replacement so I can get out of here tomorrow evening and
Start looking for a new job.