Breaks, paid or not

Just taking the poll would suffice, there is no need to post, unless you want to.

I’m salaried so i suppose in a way all my breaks are paid for, well that’s what i put anyway.

Nights. Breaks are paid.
Days it’s one on me one on him.

Paid for my breaks.

Not paid for my first 45 but paid for any others (probably the agency taking it) . If I’m not paid for my break I feel no obligation to look after the truck / load during that time. Not saying I’d try to make something happen to the load just wouldn’t bother to stop it if it was.

damoq:
Paid for my breaks.

pay myself for my breaks! :sunglasses: :laughing: :grimacing:

bald bloke:
I’m salaried so i suppose in a way all my breaks are paid for, well that’s what i put anyway.

That’s why salaried was included, so you didn’t have to vote yes to confuse the issue.

Paid by the hour, 30 mins a day deducted, never used poa and just stick it on break. Sometimes I have as much as six or seven hours a day on break but get paid for all my time at work minus the aforementioned 30 mins.

weeto:

bald bloke:

That’s why salaried was included, so you didn’t have to vote yes to confuse the issue.

Oops sorry to confuse the issue but looked at it too quick. :blush: :blush:

We get 1hour taken off us a day so I make sure I have an hour off,
Some lads I know who also get there break deducted still tip on break and then moan about how poor there wage is but do an hour for nothing, :unamused:

Even with breaks deducted I’m paid for 50 hours and tend to do 48.

I have 45 minutes stopped, any other breaks I have to have I expect to be paid for and always have been.

I have 45 mins deducted.

I mostly don’t actually take them to be honest, but not because I’m an idiot, but because it would screw ME up later in the day.

My current job is pretty cushy with a lot of waiting around, and that’s where the problem comes in, start having my 45 and I might end up sleeping on a bay or at the side of the road (which still happens tbh) instead of a truck stop or services.

I will add, it’s the 1st job I’ve had in the last 5 years or more that’s deducted any breaks off me, so it’s not the norm that people think it is

Paid for 12 hrs but it’s rare I do more than 11. After 12 they take 45 mins so I just add that time onto my finish time and get it back.

as an agency driver, i get the same as the regular drivers everywhere i go, if they get 45mins unpaid, then so do I, there are only 2 of our clients who pay right through… and I must admit I would be more lenient with those 2 as regards maybe stretching the rules a bit to make the job run easier… the others can go do one…

I can never understand how firms can deduct money for breaks when it is a legal requirement. I’ve worked for 3 different companies before I went on my own and never had money stopped for breaks.

30 mins unpaid if shift below 12 hrs, and 1 hr if any longer.

At the moment im deducted 30 mins a day for breaks but as of the start of November we are getting deducted 1 hour everyday

So as of the start of November I will be having an hour break everyday instead of 45 mins

weeto:

bald bloke:

I’m also salaried but that is for WTD hours so breaks and POA are not counted/paid. So I feel duty bound to book only those breaks which I’m am required to have and never book POA. Case in point twice this week I’ve only booked 30 mins (back to yard with less than 10 minutes driving time left) and will split my break, if driving time allows, to put the second part at a point beyond 9 hours if likely to be a grueller.

paid from the moment my card goes in till it comes out