Breaks paid or not?

How many people get paid while on your 45 mins break ? The lot i work for deduct your 45 mins from your daily hours . Is this normal practice?

I get paid from the moment I arrive at work in the morning to the moment I get out of the shower at home in the afternoon/evening.

We get 30 mins deducted regardless of how much break actually taken.

We don’t get paid an hour a day, same as our engineers.
But we just take a 45 and bang 15 minutes on the time sheet at the end of the day.
About the only thing that’s rubbish with our lot.

paid straight thru on duty for 15 hrs we get payed 15 hrs :sunglasses:

They take every minute of Break off us, so I only take 46 minutes a day (rarely have to take an extra 45) the rest is on POA, often have 3 or 4 hours on POA-sleeping or watching I-Player & get paid for it.

mickeyflyn:
How many people get paid while on your 45 mins break ? The lot i work for deduct your 45 mins from your daily hours . Is this normal practice?

Pretty normal practice in the majority of occupations, very few were you get paid for your lunch hour.

I’m paid without deductions for breaks.

Ok thanks guys ,I’ve never really thought about it in the past until i had to fill out a time sheet where amount of time on break was taken for deduction from duty hours.

We can paid through our breaks.

mickeyflyn:

All well and good, as long as they don’t expect you to take the 45 mins on a bay.

Make sure you take you break as a break not unloading / on a bay etc. Theres more than one way to skin a cat…!

Radar19:

That’s because you work for DFDS and you’re expected to work during your breaks, remember?

Whoops. Me and my mouth. :laughing:

Contraflow:

Radar19:

That’s because you work for DFDS and you’re expected to work during your breaks, remember?

Not anymore I don’t.

axletramp:
We get 30 mins deducted regardless of how much break actually taken.

Yep same here pal :neutral_face:

largebloke1969:
paid straight thru on duty for 15 hrs we get payed 15 hrs :sunglasses:

Same here. At a previous job they used to take 30mins off but they had no issue paying more then 15hrs if you did it. At a different job years ago I got paid for a 26hr shift but they did take an hour off ha.

Radar19:

Contraflow:

Radar19:

Not anymore I don’t.

Of course you don’t.

salaried s it makes no odds especially as I don’t hit my 48 and ot is by the day

Hourly paid, no deductions.

I know of one member who gets hourly rate overnight if he has to night out!

My last company paid breaks but my current one doesn’t so even though my p/h is around 50pence more, losing the paid breaks was a big hit in the pocket :confused: