breakfast

Just a question to you all out there what with early starts etc .with this being the so called time for losing weight,i being one of those ,what best than to ask other truckers on there breakfast habits to get tips . I m up at 03.20 ,do you eat before you start your shift or a little later etc. :question:

YUM

@Rog. That is what I’m having tonight. YUM!

I like my brekkie , but if im away at daft o clock I will settle for cereal and have something more substantial mid morn and that will do me until tea/supper time .

for me at that time am lucky to be able to walk/talk/drive yet alone make brekkie.

have something later on!

According to Williams ( ex!! ) personal trainer who lasted approx three weeks, :laughing: whilst trying to teach us to ■■■■ eggs on stobrats dcpc :smiley: you need a George foreman grill hard wired into your cab, :unamused: up at one in the morning and eat two steaks with eggs! :open_mouth: so on a pittance as a tramper, :grimacing: he got the bird! As he was ex cabbage head, 45 RM CDO, :imp: he didn’t like my para sweatshirt! Lol :grimacing:

war1974:
have something later on!

I do breakfast once in a while, I’m not overweight or unhealthy, I don’t buy into this important meal of the day bs, I only eat when I need to & very little at that.

Cereal in a Tupperware box. Milk from a Tupperware beaker. I also use the milk for making brews with hot water from my flask.

All a bit of a faff to be honest, but needs must. I take a yoghurt as well as a snack. Just don’t forget a spoon because you won’t get over it all day. :laughing:

One thing I miss about working nights is I just had a big meal before heading out & then that did us.

Im usually up at 3:30am for a 5am start time, while Im packing up my lunchbox (Wholemeal meat salad on 2 slices, yogurt, 3x fruit, with a 1ltr bottle of dilute sugar free drink to go with it ) Im usually eating breakfast, inc orange juice, tea, cereal or 2-3 slices of toast. By around 7-8am Im usually feeling peckish, so I usually scoff a banana and polish off the rest sometime around 11am when I have to stop for a break.

peirre:
Im usually up at 3:30am for a 5am start time, while Im packing up my lunchbox (Wholemeal meat salad on 2 slices, yogurt, 3x fruit, with a 1ltr bottle of dilute sugar free drink to go with it ) Im usually eating breakfast, inc orange juice, tea, cereal or 2-3 slices of toast. By around 7-8am Im usually feeling peckish, so I usually scoff a banana and polish off the rest sometime around 11am when I have to stop for a break.

I have admiration for those with time to do this. If I am in at 5, I won’t drag myself up till 4.30am. Wash, teeth, dressed and brew in the car on the way down!!

Granola and yoghurt before I leave at about 4am. I take a pack up for lunch which I normally eat about 10 or 11am. Then a cupasoup mid afternoon to tide me over.

Oh and banana and fruit as snacks

Bottle of water on way to work
Coffee once in work
Ham butties for lunch (prepared the night before) with a brew
Bottle of water to see me through the rest of the day

Nice big tea when I’m home

I have them belvita breakfast biscuits within an hour of waking up except on a Friday when I have a bacon sandwich.
They normally see me till lunch then I have a homemade baguette style sandwich,if I get peckish in the afternoon it’s a satsuma or a gronala bar or something.
I still need to lose a bit of weight but this way of eating and a bit of exercise makes me feel great.

Half bottle of buckfast and some fruit

I have a two part thermos I put milk in one and cereal in tlthe other and try to eat it mid morning when I have time. Found if I ate before 7 I was just starving by mid morning.

Normally do a bacon sarnie and a cup of coffee.

Bowl of Porridge (with a touch of jam for taste), a couple of museli type bars & a bannana to see me through to mid / late afternoon when I get my tea meal upon returning home. Porridge is a great filler.

Fatboy slimslow:
: he didn’t like my para sweatshirt! Lol :grimacing:

Well you can kinda see his point really. When I was little I was always taught that only angels and fairies had wings! :smiley: :smiley:

A banana and pint of water for breakfast, butties (just one) about 11 and a big bowl of chopped fruit (pineapple, melon, grapes, blueberries, strawberries and passion fruit) about 14.30ish then my tea about 1900ish,
When not on a night out :wink:
When on a night out, all the bad stuff, pizza, KFC the lot even for breakfast :blush: :laughing: