Brakes bros bristol

Hi all just been contacted by brakes for a job offer for class 2 work. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Based in bristol Many thanks.

Imagine 3663, now imagine it ten times worse…

OVLOV JAY:

And 50mph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OVLOV JAY:

It’s true, we in the know call them 36630 for short.

Kerragy:

OVLOV JAY:

It’s true, we in the know call them 36630 for short.

There’s a lot of drivers called “Frodo”.

There was me thinking there were messages to this guy on railway bridges…

Doesn’t P&H and Bidvest get any mention here?

It seems that both London multidrops and C2 multidrops in the south east - attract the same pay as artic drivers.

“Bristol” would be classed as “darn sarth” for the purpose of wage calculation then. £25k up north, £30k once you cross the dividing line.
I often wondered how the rates actually compare like-for-like here?

From what I’ve heard money is ok but you’ll earn every penny of it, also good if you want to get fit !! I believe they’re moving into the old Asda site at Portbury soon and that’ll be ambient and chilled.

Yeh been told money is 26k upto 28k after 6 months plus upto 4k in bonuses. Monday to Friday. 48 hours a week. Don’t mind handballing stuff. Quite fit already as I do about 60 to 80 jobs a day as a bin man! Some waste bins are really heavy and awkward.

Also does anyone recommend a good drivers union? Been looking for a while but not to sure…

Drivers unions are a waste of time.

Conor:

Who ■■■■■■?

Conor:

The only way Unions would NOT be a waste of time - is if they could call us all out everywhere when a member got sacked over some unfair company policy…
Yeh right! “Not gonna happen” is it?

In my mind, the best “Union” we could create in this country now - is a Union that instead of ‘striking’ - gets its members to refuse to make payments on all unsecured debt…
“Peaceful Disobedience” that actually saves you money rather than costs you it - when the time comes to take “industrial action”.

Even Austerity itself could be done away with - if only people could get out of this mindset that says “When you can’t pay up any more - murder your family rather than just walk away from the debt”…
D’ya know there are even debt collectors who specialize in collecting payments from the bereaved families of those debtors who’ve died prematurely?

In law, only a secured debt remains active and recoverable once the debtor can no longer pay.

A union that could tap into this veritable powerhouse - would change the face of this country way beyond any “part” change in British Politics talked about by people like Nigel Farage.

Winseer:

Conor:

The only way Unions would NOT be a waste of time - is if they could call us all out everywhere when a member got sacked over some unfair company policy…
Yeh right! “Not gonna happen” is it?

In my mind, the best “Union” we could create in this country now - is a Union that instead of ‘striking’ - gets its members to refuse to make payments on all unsecured debt…
“Peaceful Disobedience” that actually saves you money rather than costs you it - when the time comes to take “industrial action”.

Even Austerity itself could be done away with - if only people could get out of this mindset that says “When you can’t pay up any more - murder your family rather than just walk away from the debt”…
D’ya know there are even debt collectors who specialize in collecting payments from the bereaved families of those debtors who’ve died prematurely?

In law, only a secured debt remains active and recoverable once the debtor can no longer pay.

A union that could tap into this veritable powerhouse - would change the face of this country way beyond any “part” change in British Politics talked about by people like Nigel Farage.

■■■■ me, that must have been some curry last night.

Did 3 years at brakes tamworth hard work up stairs and steps into kitchens,cages have upwards of 100 boxes in have to sort thro to find a box,make sure the cages are secure as they are 8ft wide and full of frozen can cause chaos if they get loose,but if you get a regular route you will be on first name terms with most of the customers (free drinks and food aplenty),It is hard graft but having done 6 months kitchen delivery with B&Q brakes is better (tin hat on lol).
Christmas is also good used to come home with enough beer and spirits to last,used to do the Walkabout in Wolverhampton walked in before christmas gaffer said if you like vodka come with me,walked behind the bar got a 1.5 litre bottle and said happy christmas top man lol,got a few funny looks as the bar was packed :grimacing:.

phillips212:
Hi all just been contacted by brakes for a job offer for class 2 work. Wondering if anyone has any experience with them? Based in bristol Many thanks.

You will spend 80% of your day unloading and ■■■■■■■ stuff up flights of stairs and will be treated with absolute contempt by egotistical chefs, unless as some have said you get a regular run then you might get shown some respect.

Also, you’ll find yourself “tipping on break”!!

However, I hope it works for you.

phillips212:
Yeh been told money is 26k upto 28k after 6 months plus upto 4k in bonuses. Monday to Friday. 48 hours a week. Don’t mind handballing stuff. Quite fit already as I do about 60 to 80 jobs a day as a bin man! Some waste bins are really heavy and awkward.

Also does anyone recommend a good drivers union? Been looking for a while but not to sure…

Unions been done to death on here before but I’m in Unite as driver and pay £3.30wk subs and wouldn’t be without it.

Last firm I was with still owe me 2wks wages and days holiday and waiting on Industrial Tribunal case management date fully backed by Union without a quibble!!!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Butcher:

phillips212:

You will spend 80% of your day unloading and ■■■■■■■ stuff up flights of stairs and will be treated with absolute contempt by egotistical chefs, unless as some have said you get a regular run then you might get shown some respect.

How do you find yourself tipping on break ? Surely the tacho doesn’t change itself does it ?

bald bloke:

Butcher:

phillips212:

How do you find yourself tipping on break ? Surely the tacho doesn’t change itself does it ?

Ok…but you know what I mean!!!

Butcher:

bald bloke:

Butcher:

phillips212:

Ok…but you know what I mean!!!

I know but you need to be strong .

phillips212:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

This thread has yet to actual relate to these dire experiences hinted at…

How do the multidrop food firms like 3663, Brakes, Bidvest, and P&H actually measure up with each other?

There must be more job vacancies in this line of work than any other aspect of driving - and that’s with the pay in the £25-£30k range to boot!

The jobs that pay less than a tenner per hour these days - are tinpot firms are they not?

Not driver related, but I know a lad who works in their warehouse at Grantham and they make them wear headsets that tell them when it’s time for their break and when it’s time to come back. A bit of a Sports Direct type of company. Might not extend down to drivers, but given the chance I’m sure they’d love to implement any measures to make your life a misery.

I’d steer well clear if I were you.