brains required

can any one tell me what the weight of a trailer of beer is ie 26 pallets of 9 high or 24pallets of 9and 8 high my son has this question for school work and i aint got a clue

Is his teachers trying to hijack a truvk

A pallet of 24 pack Budweiser,76 cases per pallet USED to weigh in at 940kg when I worked for Bibby in 2005…a full 26 pallet load weighed out at 24460 kg…if you had a load of 1litre bottles you could only carry 24 pallets or you were overweight…hope this helps :wink:

44 ton artic curtainsider typically can put a load a tiny bit over a ton per pallet fully freighted. I would guess nine (I’m assuming 24 can packs) high would be over a ton per pallet based on it being about 1kg per litre of liquid.

Average 6x2 tractor unit probably 8.5t so max trailer weight would be 35.5ton

330 ml or 500 ml cans or bottles ■■?

zb he is now ask carrying 24 pallets of beer or if i was carrying 2 pallets if i would be over weight i told him i think iwould probably need help please

dualflags:
can any one tell me what the weight of a trailer of beer is ie 26 pallets of 9 high or 24pallets of 9and 8 high my son has this question for school work and i aint got a clue

No wonder kids are thick nowadays :open_mouth:

First of all you need to know the weight of each case and how many cases per layer, then you can work it out quite simply by adding it all up, it was called long multiplication in my day :open_mouth:

ie 10 cases per layer of 9stacks high or 8 layers high only got till sunday to try and sort this out other wise ill have to phone a brewary i left my brains in school years ago

How much does a case weigh until that is given then it can’t be worked out?

just checked some cans i had in fridge cans are 500 mil so 24 cans in case so now need to find out what a case weighs

This isnt your sons maths question is it…

If the information is not provided as part of the homework, the answer is simple… ■■■■ knows :sunglasses:

yes its part of a maths exam he has to take when he goes back to school he has to find out all sort of ■■■■ including how many blocks would it take to make a pyramid and how many planks of wood would it take to make a pier

dualflags:
how many planks of wood would it take to make a pier

Sorry but unless you can prove otherwise this is a wind up as far as im concerned lol.

dualflags:
ie 10 cases per layer of 9stacks high or 8 layers high only got till sunday to try and sort this out other wise ill have to phone a brewary i left my brains in school years ago

24x500ml per case, liquid will weigh 12kg + 1kg for cans and packaging = 13kg

10 per layer 8 high, 8 x 10 x 13kg = 1040kg + weight of the pallet 25kg = 1065kg per pallet (I think in reality there’s going to be more than 10 per layer and it will be lower than 8 high.)

26 pallets per trailer, 26 x 1065kg = 27,690kg add 7000kgs for the trailer and another 8500kgs for the tractor unit and you’re at about 44ton.

Problem solved - wind-up or not

247.539 planks of wood to build a pier

kr79:
247.539 planks of wood to build a pier

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

27,690kg for 26 plts sounds about right last time I was in Carlsberg anyway! :wink:

i left school just over 4 year’s ago, and this ■■■■ just started to come in, trust me he’s not fooling know body, but the teacher did forget to put in the weight of the said can, and also the packagine, and the pallet, and the unlaiden weight of the truck…

There’s a guy from Downtons on here, I think he may be able to answer the question. :slight_smile: