Boots required at Culina Haverhill (Urgent)

Bit of a strange request here, one of my mates has just been rejected at Culina Haverhill due to not having safety boots. I dont suppose there is anyone in the area that could lend him a pair before his new booking time of 6 in the morning? Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Asda/Tesco sell cheapo safety boots. Shirley there’s a 24hr store nearby?

Hey scottie0011,

I’d have said the same as DaiDap for this guys benefit.

May have to look up local stores on line and give them a buzz and see if in stock?

I’m in Mid Essex got spares but I’d be a 40 minute drive away from Haverhill which may not be cost effective on his diesel!

P.s. They are used NOT new! :laughing:

Give me a holla if you need to.

G

Unlucky :slight_smile: Has he not heard of the H+E bull ? I bet his gaffer will be impressed with him lol

I bet they would have found him a pair if they were desperate for the load :unamused:

Still he’s been a bit of a plonker though :laughing:

sorted now, another driver from his area is booked at 7 so they have agreed to share boots lol

Thankfully I don’t go to too many of the sorts of places that have this BS but do always keep a pair in thr sidelocker in case.

Don’t ever get them out as usually the jedi mind trick of just responding ‘yes’ to the question ‘have you got hi-vis and safety boots?’. Might be knowing they’re there gives me the confidence to pull it off.

Very hit and miss policy it seems, went to five RDCs of same company only 2 out of 5 were interested in safety boots.

scottie0011:
sorted now, another driver from his area is booked at 7 so they have agreed to share boots lol

Can’t see that they’ll both be let in wearing one safety boot each. :laughing: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Don’t know how some of you guys would go on in general haulage, even at chep pallet sites a hard hat is required. Other places: high viz, boots, hat, safety glasses & ear muffs.

If he is going in at 6 to tip I very much doubt he will be out by 7 for his mate to go in. Not in my experience of that depot anyway.

But I bet one of our European cousins will be allowed in with his flip flops and nothing will get said though.

Ken.

cant see why a driver would turn up without a pair its like turning up with no hi viz?

Driveroneuk:

scottie0011:

Can’t see that they’ll both be let in wearing one safety boot each. :laughing: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Don’t know how some of you guys would go on in general haulage, even at chep pallet sites a hard hat is required. Other places: high viz, boots, hat, safety glasses & ear muffs.

I recently loaded plastic granules just outside marseille, I got sent down the road to buy a cotton boiler suit before they would let me in.

Quinny:
But I bet one of our European cousins will be allowed in with his flip flops and nothing will get said though.

Ken.

yeah but they will obviously be wearing there white safety socks so no need for steeleys!!! :laughing:

If the container drops from the reach crane will the hard hat help. :open_mouth: :laughing:

olz69:
Unlucky :slight_smile: Has he not heard of the H+E bull ? I bet his gaffer will be impressed with him lol[/quote

I thought it was up to his gaffer to supply them :question:

Correct.

Another tick for the Operator CPC :stuck_out_tongue:

Do not employ idiots without common sense or safety boots :laughing:

Both sets of ‘work shoes’ I have are ‘safety’ ones. The work boots, like a cut down pair of doc martens, have an actual steel cap inside over the toes. The shoes I have look like regular shoes but have the anti-slip tread on them as well as a composite toe cover.

I have actually had some one come over and tap the handle of the screwdriver on my shoes to verify they are protected, the muppet. I did point out that it only covers my toes and if he’d hit my ankle area I would probably have jerked my foot and knee in response at his vulnerables, and of this he was unimpressed and suggested such things as banning me from site for such ‘abuse’ of him.

Having done some time as a security guard with B&Q I asked if his bosses knew what he got up to, and agreed with his policies? He soon [zb] off and left me in peace.

When I was at B&Q I did spend a fair bit of time trying to be nice to the drivers that delivered but most of them were surly, uncommunicative and unresponsive. A few seemed OK and actually smiled after I found them a keycard to get to the staff loo’s and kitchen but most preferred to get on the bay, swap trailers then have a kip and these days, I don’t blame them.

Encouragement to be a trucker though :wink:

FFS if your company don’t supply things like this then buy your own pair ffs they are cheap as chips. What’s wrong with people these days. They are a requirement of the job.

DaiDap:
Asda/Tesco sell cheapo safety boots. Shirley there’s a 24hr store nearby?

Yes there’s a tesco in haverhill. And don’t call me Shirley!