Bonnetted DAF XF

Did anyone else see the bonneted Dutch DAF XF cab with the bathtub tipper trailer crawling slowly up the M5 bank from Nailsea junction towards Gordano today?

He must have been well freighted as I passed him , and I was at max weight in a Axor 430 !!!

I could not photograph him as he wasn’t moving that well, and I was passed him quickly,

How many of these have been made, as I knew they were special builds ,

Ed

One of these i’m assuming

I hate to say it, but that is ugly. It’s a Noddy truck…

If they stretched it and put one of those American Sleeper/living Pods behind the cab perhaps the Americans would want one ! And if we were allowed the extra length it might get sold here too ! I think It does look better than most Yank stuff and probably performs better with an engine and gearbox that is not out of the Ark, but the colours are just wrong I agree.

It does look better in grey.

ChrisArbon:
It does look better in grey.

It would look even better in a skip

That is just horrible…throw it back into the toy box and shut the lid.

I didn’t think anything could look worse than a bull nose Scania

Got it! I knew it reminded me of something…

image.jpg

Slightly more pleasing?

or even…

Not being a truckhead geek, I have to ask whats the point of the bull nosed variants :confused:

Drift:
Not being a truckhead geek, I have to ask whats the point of the bull nosed variants :confused:

Its a willy thing :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Agreed - the mechanical equivalent of a ■■■■■ vacuum pump.

I rather suspect that driver safety wasn`t the overriding consideration. :neutral_face:

Driving that Peterbilt with a bonnet that big must be like trying to drive your car from the boot.
Lucky Americans don’t have corners to navigate.

Drift:

no engine hump in the cab so a flat floor? only advantage I can think of.

Me no like. Me no like at all

Smoother ride, engine is in front instead of under you

Cheers guys, I just though these noses where just grafted on, in my head I just though it gave you more storage space… Or a place to put your willly it seems :laughing:

Drift:
Cheers guys, I just though these noses where just grafted on, in my head I just though it gave you more storage space… Or a place to put your willly it seems :laughing:

That’s where the other bunk goes. :wink:

the nodding donkey:
I hate to say it, but that is ugly. It’s a Noddy truck…

+1,that was my first thought,UGLY