Bonnetted DAF XF

■■■■■■■:
1Slightly more pleasing?

or even…

pic No2 without a doubt

My old Pete and believe me they are crap to drive, like driving a tractor, I’d take a european bullnose anyday.

My Pete looks hell of a lot better then that DAF anyday of the week. I wouldn’t like to sit behind the wheel in that DAF for 8hrs+ straight

3 wheeler:
If they stretched it and put one of those American Sleeper/living Pods behind the cab perhaps the Americans would want one ! And if we were allowed the extra length it might get sold here too ! I think It does look better than most Yank stuff and probably performs better with an engine and gearbox that is not out of the Ark, but the colours are just wrong I agree.

That’s talking from experience then? I prefer my Pete to most I drove back in Europe, the gearbox is great once you get used to it. O and most of the trucks over here now come with more or less the same engine as in Europe because they are members of the same group. Pete = PACCAR, freightliner = Mercedes to name just 2 from the top of my head.

Firms still pay top money for used T cabs, I don’t see why as most are well over 10 years old. I have read though that there’s a Dutch firm who will butcher a standard Scania and turn it into a T cab for you. Surerly that would screw up the warranty?

UGLY - looks like hgv version of a noddy car.

Wardaddy:
Firms still pay top money for used T cabs, I don’t see why as most are well over 10 years old. I have read though that there’s a Dutch firm who will butcher a standard Scania and turn it into a T cab for you. Surerly that would screw up the warranty?

There’s a feature in the latest Commercial Motor about a T-type Scania modified by A&M commercials, I think, in Northern Ireland. It’s a V8 and Scania knew of the plans before selling the original truck.

It appears a Dutch firm called Jansen is responsible for the conversions:

truckblog.co.uk/2012/01/18/daf-x … toshopped/

Classic Truck has a feature on them this month.

Thought of this last night … who remembers the time when an XT was a computer, and the slowest and least powerful PC you could get? They went out around 1991 IIRC. Not made for speed or serious number crunching, and usually with a useless graphics card that could display 16 colours, so it could run a basic text-based WP or spreadsheet. Not something you’d associate with pulling power.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442391300.133951.jpg
That’s a better use of the wasted length.

mucker85:
That’s a better use of the wasted length.

Now that’s a tidy looking truck

If we extrapolate today’s truck design, to tomorrow’s space ship design, how the duck are we ever going to get to the Millennium Falcon…■■