Blue Moon.

NO, not the song!!!. Last night was what they call a blue moon because its the second full moon of the month which only happens every few years. Well, I’m not a believer of this paranormal or flying saucer stuff BUT I could well change. When I leave the yard at about 01.00am I always have Radio 5 MW 693 which is crystal clear all day BUT last night in several places it was just like the old tuning of a radio the funny whine you get. Also as I joined the M40 to go down towrads Bisceter I saw what could have been a circle of blue lights on the ground to my right & as I passed it the radio started whining again.
Now I could just be putting 2 & 2 together & coming up with 6, did anybody else hear this whinning or see anything strange?. I’m going out again tonight but this time I’m keeping the cab lights on. :laughing:

The radio reception is nothing to do with the moon :unamused: . Shortwave and longwave reception has been terrible over this past week or so because of high sun-spot activity and the propagation has been non-existant. The sun-spot is a 12 yearly cycle and we’re in the peak at the moment.

I’m a keen shortwave listener myself and have noticed that transmissions which I would normally hear on 2 to 5 MHz late at night have been up on 13, 17 and 21 MHz because of the propagation.

You will find over the next few weeks that short and longwave reception is intermittent with a lot of squealing and whining plus a lot of static from thunderstorm activity as the temperatures rise.

Can’t comment on the ‘lights’ though; sounds fishy.

Arfa Job:
NO, not the song!!!. Last night was what they call a blue moon because its the second full moon of the month which only happens every few years. Well, I’m not a believer of this paranormal or flying saucer stuff BUT I could well change. When I leave the yard at about 01.00am I always have Radio 5 MW 693 which is crystal clear all day BUT last night in several places it was just like the old tuning of a radio the funny whine you get. Also as I joined the M40 to go down towrads Bisceter I saw what could have been a circle of blue lights on the ground to my right & as I passed it the radio started whining again.
Now I could just be putting 2 & 2 together & coming up with 6, did anybody else hear this whinning or see anything strange?. I’m going out again tonight but this time I’m keeping the cab lights on. :laughing:

This may help.

:open_mouth:

I watched a program on Discovery some weeks back, it was discussing “flying saucers”, otherwise known as UFOs.
It appears that these may not have been of extra terrestrial ownership, as they were being built during WW2 by a Hungarian(i think) engineer, Adolf was very interested in these items.
It also appeared that A V Roe(Avro( as in Lancaster and Vulcan)) had a special projects division(top secret) and they had successfully built a classical shape flying saucer, so maybe the sightings of “UFOs” may not all have been false, they could well have been true.

Oh boy thats done it now. The lights never flashed On or Off they were just like glow worms BUT off the ground about 4 - 5ft at a guess. If you look just by Junction 10 Brackley as you join the M40 S/Bound look across to the right I thing its some kind of small holding & it was somewhere near there could have been in the next field. Whats got me thinking more into it they where talking about UFO’s on Radio 5 on the way to work in the car, crystal clear then. I came back in daylight by the place I thought they might have been NOTHING. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Its just another unexplained ph ph nominom or something like that.

Arfa Job:
The lights never flashed On or Off they were just like glow worms BUT off the ground about 4 - 5ft at a guess. If you look just by Junction 10 Brackley as you join the M40 S/Bound look across to the right I thing its some kind of small holding & it was somewhere near there could have been in the next field. .

There is an raf base there between 9 and 10 on the south side of the M40 they may have been doing some night parachute training

The airfield between 9 and 10 on the M40 is Weston on the green public airfield, not an RAF base, everyone can use it for parachuting and the RAF do :exclamation:
However, RAF Upper Heyford and RAF Bicester are very near and were fully operational at the time, in fact the runway approach for Upper Heyford crosses the M40 just north of Weston on the green. :exclamation:

Pat Hasler:
The airfield between 9 and 10 on the M40 is Weston on the green public airfield, not an RAF base, everyone can use it for parachuting and the RAF do :exclamation:
However, RAF Upper Heyford and RAF Bicester are very near and were fully operational at the time, in fact the runway approach for Upper Heyford crosses the M40 just north of Weston on the green. :exclamation:

I believe Upper Heyford is actually a USAF base Pat, just to be picky :grimacing: or at least it used to be.

Pat Hasler:

I assumed it was raf because I did some gliding there a couple of years ago and it had what i assumed was raf security. I know the raf sport parachute association opperate from there although they have quite a few civilian members.I also know that the military use the site for parachute training so there maybe a connection

USAF bases in this country are mostly still named “RAF Whatever” simply because it is RAF land…plus the Air Force have free rein to use the facilities for things like gliding and parachuting. The airfields are only leased to USAF.

RAF Fairford is another, more well-known example.

and RAF St.Mawgan down ere’

you want to move to bonnybridge,there always reporting ufo’s.

i used to be based at cad kineton near leamington spa from1984-88 and i was on the dog section.our patrol area took us up past the battlefield where the battle of edgehill took place,once we got to a certain point the dog would freeze and it would have taken a crane to move him.also there where reports of a headless horseman that would gallop down the main road at night.also there is reports of a 4tonner full of squaddies had broken down on the railway line at night and the trains had stopped running,but apparently a train hit this 4tonner and killed the lot inside,but the train had no driver.spooky or what.

the worsed shift was midnight till 3am,a yard full of train carragies,and the hair on the back of you neck would stand up. :wink: :wink:

and there was many a thing we saw in the sky that did not resemble a plain of helicopters. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Has anybody on here actually seen a ufo?

north surrey haulage:

if i did i would not admit to it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

north surrey haulage:

no, but i seen a ghost!!

paul

flatbedman:

north surrey haulage:

no, but i seen a ghost!!

paul

boooooooooo :laughing: :laughing:

I went to Kineton once KitKat.

The scariest thing was the armed guard on the gate commenting on my “Irish Ferries” t shirt and my "Wexford " plate in the window.( a souvenier from a trip in the wagon ).

It was only when I was on my own at the back of the camp,loading a hired excavator that I got the shivers.

Without giving any details away, “Ghost Town” springs to mind.

Niall.

i am an alien from outer space disguised as a human being, please do not be frightened, i may appear perfectly normal to you human beings but as soon as my mouth opens you may just start to feel a little twingling sensation running up your arms and through the backs of your eyes… don’t worry, this is perfectly normal, you won’t feel a thing, it doesn’t hurt and …

OK OK OK, can’t keep that up for too long…

Haven’t seen any UFO’s but i have seen a ghost…

a piano playing, table spinning monk who used to haunt a friends house, scared me half outta of my wits… quick shortened version

Was staying at me mates gaff and we were downstairs, sat round the kitchen table, the dinding room door was a jar… anyway we were talking and i could here a faint tune being played… turns out it’s the monk reciting some classical piece on the piano (bloody nice sound by the way Mr Monk) anywayz, totally freaks me, but she manages to calm me down. Bout 15 mins later piano stops door opens and the table starts spinning about 1 cm of off the ground, freaky deaky ■■■■… consequently i left the house almost like a shot! never did go back! smiles

I lived near Kineton. There are things there that would frighten most people. Most of the people in the village are inbred wierdos. There are more strange looking people, there than anywhere I have seen. There was a lot of nuclear testing done near there in 1940 /45. The first Nuclear Pile exploded about 10 miles away at Barford.