Bloody Stralis!

Went to a customers today,and was given the keys to an 03 plate Scraplis,with 500k on the clock,and encountered these:

These were just 5 of the faults that I photographed,and gave up after that.In all,there were 9 faults came up on the dashboard,and the bloody thing kept bonging to tell me it had found another. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

And it had about as much get up and go,as a hoody looking for a job.

When I got back to the yard,it was promptly defected,and parked up outside the garage,where the keys were duly handed in,with a defect sheet that was nearly full.

(And yes,they limit them to 52mph.)

These bloody pieces of Italian crap,should either be thrown into the channel on the way over,or if they manage to land,turned back immediately,or failing that,driven to the nearest scrap yard,and burned,and sod the emissions from them.

I hate them that much,that I would rather put hot candle wax on my own testicles.

Rant over. (Unless I get another one tomorrow.)

Ken.

Wheres that bird that loves them

ffc as far as i know is front frame computer,think there are four computers around the stralis.

nothing wrong with a stralis
a cracking motor to drive and live in for the week
one thing that always makes me laugh is when drivers slag a motor off because its is limeted to 54 or 55 thats not the manufactures fault and it does not make it a bad trucko
one complaint though the fuel tanks are to small and you have to fill up every day

used have a book full of warnings and what they meant when i had a strallis.
used to leave a list though letter box for boss whod ring hillhire and theyd tell him what it meant.
suffice as to say the answer was just keep driving it, untill the night he came with me and he was having kittens at all the warnings comming up, thought we were going to break down at any moment :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .
in saying that it went like hell , and other than wondering if youd make it home every nightn was a nice drive.
amazing how time heels the wounds :laughing: :laughing:

I never said that the speed limit was an issue,becasue the slower I go,the more I earn.I put 5 pictures up at the beginning to highlight why I think the Stralis is a bag of ā– ā– ā– ā– .

You donā€™t get this many electrical problems with any other truck,even a Premium or a TGA,and this is why Iveco should either sort it,or stop selling these bags of crap in this country.

This particular make may look nice,but if it spends more of itā€™s time in the workshop,then itā€™s about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Ken.

ā€¦Iā€™ll get me coat. :laughing:

Oh come on Ken! its got Character!

Not like climbing into a heartless DAF, with a Stralis its more like a continental woman, very highly strung but when you get her on a good day you know all your friends are jealous :wink:

Its like an Alfa Romeo!

If everything just worked all the time, life would be ā– ā– ā– ā–  boring!

Or perhaps my life is just so boring a breakdown or fault message is such a destraction from the norm it cheers me up :>

Alex

The Stralis is just a recycled Fiat Uno!

I have the misfortune of driving a Stralis on a regular basis and absolutely detest the things.

I drove a 56 plate earlier this week and there were bits falling off it and lots of stupid warnings on the dashboard. The only thing good to say is that they do pull well.

Give me a Volvo or a Merc any day of the week!

killsville:

From what I hear, thatā€™s giving it a little too much credit. More like recycled Fiat Strada.

same truck got voted truck of the year on here :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Stralis, > crap, simple as that. Could be the best job in the world, I still wouldnā€™t do it, if that was the motor. :unamused:

ellies dad:
same truck got voted truck of the year on here :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Did you see the Stralis Poll ? :smiling_imp:

Its Here Vote if havenā€™t already. :smiling_imp:

Quinny:

That one sounds the most serious. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

killsville:

I have the misfortune of driving a Stralis on a regular basis and absolutely detest the things.

I drove a 56 plate earlier this week and there were bits falling off it and lots of stupid warnings on the dashboard. The only thing good to say is that they do pull well.

Give me a Volvo or a Merc any day of the week!

It

Vibrates

Everything

Comes

Off
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Quinny:
When I got back to the yard,it was promptly defected,and parked up outside the garage,where the keys were duly handed in,with a defect sheet that was nearly full./quote]

:open_mouth: I hope you got a written guarentee that it was safe to take out and would not break down or blow up if you took it out on the road :question: If not why even consider moving the wretched peice of [zb] in the first place :open_mouth:

Volvo or Merc anydayā€¦Iveco-NO WAY :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

glenman:
ffc as far as i know is front frame computer,think there are four computers around the stralis.

Four computers thatā€™s three more than when they landed on the moon, isnt progress an amazing thing.

Italian Vehicles Eventually Conk Out :laughing:

Hehe sounds like the Rear frame computer has gone.

This is what happened to me about a year ago, 5 hours on the side of the M54ā€¦grrr!

Now see all those lights on the dash, the keys were not in ignition! :open_mouth: Iveco chap came out, looked over it and said ā€œthey keys in it mate?ā€ to which i dangled them, his face literally said its Fubard! :laughing:

I was driving along minding my own business, when the fuel guage suddenly went to the bottom! I knew i had fuel as i had just juiced upā€¦ and then was warning me about light failure, so i pulled overā€¦ wondered to the suzies and smelt burning electrics. Water had gotten into the rear frame computer, and was smouldering like a chimney!

Grabbing keys, wallet and my phoneā€¦ i exited the cab rather quickly and rang Iveco sitting on the fence, hopefully not ringing the fire brigade :laughing:
Still, 240,000kā€™s at just gone 12 months old, not too sadā€¦:unamused:

i know alot of people dont like them, but i like them :slight_smile: although as in my sig, It Vibrates Everything Comes Off :laughing: :smiley:

like the gearbox with the stick auto or manual nice drive. Pity the rest of it not very good :frowning: :frowning:

Quinny:
Went to a customers today,and was given the keys to an 03 plate Scraplis,with 500k on the clock,and encountered these:

These were just 5 of the faults that I photographed,and gave up after that.In all,there were 9 faults came up on the dashboard,and the bloody thing kept bonging to tell me it had found another. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

And it had about as much get up and go,as a hoody looking for a job.

When I got back to the yard,it was promptly defected,and parked up outside the garage,where the keys were duly handed in,with a defect sheet that was nearly full.

(And yes,they limit them to 52mph.)

These bloody pieces of Italian crap,should either be thrown into the channel on the way over,or if they manage to land,turned back immediately,or failing that,driven to the nearest scrap yard,and burned,and sod the emissions from them.

I hate them that much,that I would rather put hot candle wax on my own testicles.

Rant over. (Unless I get another one tomorrow.)

Ken.

Never mind someone has buy em mate! and you and me know who,s pile of stralis it is! In there myself tomorrow,hopefully i will get a Volvo.
It will make 2 days next week in a 105 seem like paradise though!
See you Weds and Fri mate,kettle will be on!!