Bloody Crazy Artic Tipper Driver

I was trundling along through Hathersage today at 13:15ish doing a SAFE 50kph when screaming round a bend came a blue cabbed artic running light. Talk about a brown trouser moment, he must have been on the limiter, he braked just as his cab reached mine, I moved over up onto verge, trees whacking NS mirror just in time to see his trailer swing out onto my side of road :open_mouth: , it whacked my OS mirror leaving me without eyes in the back of my head for a couple of hundred yards or so till I could find a safe place to pull up. No damage done other than scratches, but if I’d have been going a little faster…

I had a run in with a tipper driver today aswell must be the season, was showing the new chap thats started at our place the ropes on the scrap fridge collections we do.

we were heading for Kirkby Lonsdale on the A65 after doing a collection in Kendal doing a nice legal 40mph when a tipper came flying up behind us flashing his lights and on the horn as we were obviously keeping him from his appointment while we stuck to the speed limit.

but revenge was ours when we got a bit further along the road and found him having a nice chat to a copper with a radar gun :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: in a layby

Its those bloody “Rigger boots” that they all seem to wear, probably got jammed between the throttle and brake pedal - ie flat out!!
Was the driver wearing a quilted checked shirt and baseball cap ?
:laughing:

Suedehead:
Its those bloody “Rigger boots” that they all seem to wear, probably got jammed between the throttle and brake pedal - ie flat out!!

You know him?? LOL

Didn’t get time to see him, too busy clenching my rear, closing my eyes and thinking this is gonna hurt. I’d like to meet him for a quick chat :wink:

I had it in my car today A55 north wales. The empty tippers just have to get past everything without a thought for others. They will be in the news one day when someone goes a little bit to far.

Obviously paid by the trip/load.

Maybe Hell drivers the sequel is about to come out LOL. :laughing:

tipper drivers are easily the worst truck drivers ive ever seen, no regard for anyone else on the road, not even a wave or a nod when you meet them on a quiet road either, both ireland AND australia.

whats the problem?

Suedehead:

Don`t forget the G.V. roll up packet in the top pocket :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

beattun:
tipper drivers are easily the worst truck drivers ive ever seen, no regard for anyone else on the road, not even a wave or a nod when you meet them on a quiet road either, both ireland AND australia.

whats the problem?

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Sir LANs-a-lot:

beattun:

whats the problem?

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing: come on then, i hate to make such a generalisation, but its so consistent that i feel its justified :open_mouth:

LASHHGV:
I had it in my car today

Did she like it? :laughing:

Suedehead:

We aren`t that stereotypical are we ■■

I don`t do the lumberjack shirt thing but i work with lads that do :laughing:

Now where did i leave that baseball cap :question:

Sorry for going off on a tangent here (suprise,suprise) but this kind off clobber reminds me of something that happend a few years ago.
I was fuelling up near Bologna, dressed in the regulation uniform of shorts, flip flops ect when a GB truck pulls onto the next pump, a Volvo FL10 :unamused: with a solitary “Italie” pendant in the screen, (obviously a first timer). Anyway, driver gets out, dressed in . . . .quilted check shirt, baseball cap and . . . rigger boots -couldnt believe it, it must have been about 90 degrees :open_mouth:

He wasnt pulling a bulker by the way !! :laughing: and yes . . . . before u ask, he was wearing jeans

LASHHGV:
I had it in my car today A55 north wales. The empty tippers just have to get past everything without a thought for others. They will be in the news one day when someone goes a little bit to far.

Zzzzzz…change the record. :unamused:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8qFD2s0Fwg

I take it then hammer you are one of the 38 ton rally drivers then :smiley:

beattun:

My frequent encounter with tippers is from the Victoria Embankment towards
the Blackwall Tunnel.
They tear along this route although I haven’t seen a cam flash yet!

nowt wrong with us tipper drivers it’s just the rest of you dare not break the speed limit,ONE LIFE LIVE IT.everyone slags off tipper drivers saying its easy,i’d like to see some you try it any idiot can reverse onto a bay & open yu doors you even have them guides at each side of bay to make it easier for you.

You live your life that way just mind my car when i have my kids in it.