Bloody cheek at sainsburys

I had a delivery to Hams Hall…anyway to cut a long story short, i knocked the barrier down. My excuse was that they are too low at grille height, and cant be seen from the drivers seat, plus the fact the barrier was up when i arrived, and obviously put down whilst i was booking in.
So no problem, i picked the barrier up, put it to one side, and went back to security to report my incident. he told me to wait in the cab till someone comes…i did…for an hour…then head nof security arrived, asked me to accompany him to the canteen, to fill in a form, and there he dropped the bombshell…we expect you to take a breath test…and we have a medical team en route to take your DNA…i was gobsmacked and told him politely of course…i am not taking a DNA,thats only for the police, so we fill out the form…no company details needed…only my home address etc…and NI number…he told the depot manager ( who was playing pool ) that i had refused a DNA…his answer was that the truck would stay there, until another driver was sent to remove it, as this driver ( me ) would not be allowed to drive until i agreed to take the said tests…after phoning my company, we found out that it was nt a DNA merely a urine test to define if there were any drugs in my system…obviously i got 2 negatives, and was allowed to continue after a 2.5 hour delay…My beef at this moment is the fact that sainsburys were allowed to keep my personal details in their files…i p[ointed out that i did not work for them, but was a supplier driver, their response was of course the usual …if on our premises…everybody will be subject to our rules/conditions…
i know for a fct that their drivers have signed a contract that they can and will be subject to random searches, drug and alcohol testing…and i never signed a thiung, but are subject to the same treatment…what do you guys think ?

A Trip to Specsavers as soon as poss :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

to be honest bob i think you were done over. they dont have any rights to breathalise you or take urine tests. since there was now no barrier i would have told them to zb right off and contact your employer and sort out the claim with them. what a bloody cheek who do they think they are. :imp: :imp: :imp:

whats the worst thing they could have done… banned you from their site. i would have stood my ground and got them to call the police as they wouldnt have got anything out of me apart from registration number and company address.

tell them to get zb’ed.

you should have called the police youself. they were holding you against your will, which is illegal.

but how exactly did they keep you there? is not as if there was a barrier to stop you. :laughing:

You need to stick up for yourself more mate :unamused:
Why didnt you tell them where to stick there breath test machine and urine sample bottle? You actually think sainsburys can stop you from driving your own vehicle until you provide breath or ■■■■ :laughing: no they ■■■■■■■ cant, the managers at rdcs are all on a power trip and take advantage of dull as ■■■■ drivers.

Sorry but I think you are mad giving them your home address and NI number, were you drunk? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: There is no way on this earth they would have got my home address, or any other personal details out of me, company contact details and that would be it. There is also no way I would be taking any of their tests either.

This has got to be a wind up, surely no one is stupid enough to give out personal details and take urine tests in this situation?

If have any accidents/incidents where no-one is hurt - i just fill in my companys form with a detachable part for the other person. Take a few pictures with the supplied disposable. Thats it!!! No statements , no questions , no holdups , no breath tests , no dna tests. This is the way insurance companies like it.

The only time the police are called is if someone is hurt or the other person takes a flakey and swings for you.

I’d have only done it if I worked for them or was pulling for them and wanted to keep the work. As an outside supplier driver I wouldn’t have done it.

The only details you needed to give them by law is your company & vehicle details as this was an insurance issue only.

You should have just given them those details, driven off and contacted your company.

As others have said, but I’m just adding to make you realise what a ■■■ you were.

Your name, company name, registration, company contact details, wave bye bye.

“can I take your home address?”, “you have to buy me dinner 1st love” :laughing:

Well said all you guys…the problem i have is this. Solstor is a subsidiary of chingford Fruit packers, and we have been suplying sainsburys for 30 odd years…on my mind was the fact that i thought they couldnt and wasnt allowed to do what they did. I phoned my company and they did say to refuse…until i had heard from them. the fact that if i was banned from all of sainsburys sites…end of my job…for our job is supplying sainsburys, and if i wasnt allowed on any of their sites…then job over…
Our TM did speak to the high ups, and they said that it is a condition of being on sainsburys property, that anyone is liable to a search, drug test, or alcohol test.
I ( being a nice, polite helpful driver ) decided it wasnt such a big problem, that i would comply with an easy test ( i had nothing to fear ) but still feel its subject to my elf and safety and an infringement of my human rights to keep my personal details on their files ( something i am trying to resolve )
I could have driven my truck onto the site, in order to leave the site ( it was a long way to reverse with a roundabout at the end ) and no doubt they would have called the police and told them i was drunk or drugged and would have had to take a test with the police anyway.
I did take photographs of the other 2 lanes, with the barriers raised, whilst the drivers were in security booking in…a point i made to security, who denied it ever happened as their staff are always trained to lower the barriers…wasnt very happy when i showed him the pictures…but at the end of the day it was my fault, even though there were factors…plus the fact that i was told the medical team who had travelled from wolverhampton , charge around the £500 mark,…so long as i dont get the bill i dont care, its their loss. but one last point is this, SOLSTOR WOULD NEVER GO AGAINST ITS CUSTOMERS, EVEN IF THEY ARE IN THE WRONG… 11 weeks to retirement…and counting…

truckyboy:
Well said all you guys…the problem i have is this. Solstor is a subsidiary of chingford Fruit packers, and we have been suplying sainsburys for 30 odd years…on my mind was the fact that i thought they couldnt and wasnt allowed to do what they did. I phoned my company and they did say to refuse…until i had heard from them. the fact that if i was banned from all of sainsburys sites…end of my job…for our job is supplying sainsburys, and if i wasnt allowed on any of their sites…then job over…
Our TM did speak to the high ups, and they said that it is a condition of being on sainsburys property, that anyone is liable to a search, drug test, or alcohol test.
I ( being a nice, polite helpful driver ) decided it wasnt such a big problem, that i would comply with an easy test ( i had nothing to fear ) but still feel its subject to my elf and safety and an infringement of my human rights to keep my personal details on their files ( something i am trying to resolve )
I could have driven my truck onto the site, in order to leave the site ( it was a long way to reverse with a roundabout at the end ) and no doubt they would have called the police and told them i was drunk or drugged and would have had to take a test with the police anyway.
I did take photographs of the other 2 lanes, with the barriers raised, whilst the drivers were in security booking in…a point i made to security, who denied it ever happened as their staff are always trained to lower the barriers…wasnt very happy when i showed him the pictures…but at the end of the day it was my fault, even though there were factors…plus the fact that i was told the medical team who had travelled from wolverhampton , charge around the £500 mark,…so long as i dont get the bill i dont care, its their loss. but one last point is this, SOLSTOR WOULD NEVER GO AGAINST ITS CUSTOMERS, EVEN IF THEY ARE IN THE WRONG… 11 weeks to retirement…and counting…

■■■■■■’ 'ell mate, I’d have been on early retirement.

If the police had been called, they have to suspect you to order any tests, tbh, most coppers I know would’ve told sainsbury’s to ■■■■ off wasting their time.

I think you’ll find your company will now be gettin’ the £500 medical bill with the claim for the barrier.

No point trying to resolve it now, damage is done, all I’d do is insist they delete all records of your personal info NOW with you there to witness.

i would have created havok , i hate that kind of thing , who do they think they are :imp:

i would also have dared just one of them to try stopping me getting in my wagon … they make me sick… :imp:

you should have sat in your wagon till the police arrived and not moved an inch…

i had a problem with a security guard at __greshams__in bolton , he kept asking me for my name and address , i told him he had no rite to ask for that kind of info , i ended up telling him my name was jonathan depp ( johnny depp ) he clearly did’nt get it and took it as fact , he never asked me again . so from that point on i was jonny depp to him and he was none the wiser …

i hate security guards at the best o times , they only do the job cos they are to old for mcdonalds …

By the sounds of it I would have done it as well then as you’re mainly delivering to Sainsbury’s sites or if I knew I was retiring in 3 months just gone out with a bang and told 'em to F off…

Can’t say I would refuse the test if it meant I would lose my job over it, aslong as they explained exactly what was going to happen. I certainly wouldn’t be handing out my home address though, dont want them trying to send the bill to me because they think it’ll be easier to sting the driver rather than the company :imp:

Grayham:
Can’t say I would refuse the test if it meant I would lose my job over it, aslong as they explained exactly what was going to happen. :

you having a laugh ■■
if they wanted those kind of test’s from me they would have needed the police and only the police . not on your nelly my friend …

bowser:

Grayham:
Can’t say I would refuse the test if it meant I would lose my job over it, aslong as they explained exactly what was going to happen. :

you having a laugh ■■
if they wanted those kind of test’s from me they would have needed the police and only the police . not on your nelly my friend …

^ what he said ^

And defo no personal address / phone number / dress size etc. :unamused:

For 3mths, I’d have ■■■■■■ them off, possibly even drove over the other barrier for a laugh, but filmed it, sent it into you’ve been framed to cover some wages :laughing:

I had a situation some years back at Sainburys London Colney.

I had a 0100hrs booking and at 0300hrs I went to the office and asked for the paperwork and a gatepass because I was pulling out. She gave me the paperwork but not the pass. I drove to the gate and was told to get a pass. I returned to office and was again refused a pass. I then went back to the gate and explained to gate man that I wished to leave. I also explained that if he refused I would phone police and tell them that I was being “detained against my wishes”, the penalty for this is life imprisonment. The barrier was then raised.

They have no right to detain you against your wishes, if they believe you have committed an offence then they should get police to deal with it. The barrier issue is a civil matter, unless they claim it was deliberate, then it is criminal damage and a police matter.

just use the freedom of information act to request what details they hold on you, It is a right royal pain in the wotsits to get the info for them so will cause them grief holding it. Under data protection they have to supply it. Tell them you will be requesting it every month for the rest of your life until they remove it from their system. There is a set fee for this info, but it costs them time and money to keep producing it, they will soon get rid of it to save them all the hassle :bulb:

waddy640:
I had a situation some years back at Sainburys London Colney.

I had a 0100hrs booking and at 0300hrs I went to the office and asked for the paperwork and a gatepass because I was pulling out. She gave me the paperwork but not the pass. I drove to the gate and was told to get a pass. I returned to office and was again refused a pass. I then went back to the gate and explained to gate man that I wished to leave. I also explained that if he refused I would phone police and tell them that I was being “detained against my wishes”, the penalty for this is life imprisonment. The barrier was then raised.

They have no right to detain you against your wishes, if they believe you have committed an offence then they should get police to deal with it. The barrier issue is a civil matter, unless they claim it was deliberate, then it is criminal damage and a police matter.

The police wouldn’t be interested, if you called them they would just ask you if you can walk off the site!