Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Love the new photos lads .

We are rammed and just about keeping up .

Here are some photos from the last few weeks .

In this one , two lads were assisting Guardian group with loading from the two yellow storage blocks in Cowley , i was portering that morning with my brother ,so we popped in to say hello .

2.The Hoff was on holiday so i had three containers to Lymington on his motor .

3.same job , we used Henrys van too as therte were three of us and we still do not travel with three in the cab here.

241143873_4248851845203937_7696588757324347661_n.jpg

1. been running with 8 of us this summer, my nephew did six weeks in his school holidays ,and Alan who is 81 is our packer these days , two were on another job this day .

5.my motor at the back ,both on a night away in Sussex.

Great photos, still miss the long distance moves and the laughs.

Couple of old Bedfords

robthedog:
Couple of old Bedfords

Ex Pickfords. Strange that they painted over the Pickfords livery but retained the fleet no’s.

Pickfords used to sell off the vans when they reached 8 years old. I always found it strange that they sold off perfectly serviceable vehicles complete with the bodywork. The only people who would be interested in buying up these vehicles were, by and large, companies that would be competing against them.

Frosty63 , i think that is why a lot of the older guys stay on the job because the removals is a great laugh ,also can be very stressful at times :laughing: , makes me laugh now when i am working with the younger guys ,they seam to catch you up quickly and want to over take you :open_mouth: when 20 years ago i was doing the same to our older crews .
Every day has challenging ,only yesterday -

job 1 , pack and load 1 container from a loft area with a proper stair case ,lit and boarded but bloody hard work, in to storage but loaded only .

job 2 after a 45 min break , internal moving with in Christ church college of a heavy upright piano and a heavy wardrobe ,using piano wheels and a barrow ,lots of long walks and steps.

job 3 , collect some bathroom items from one of my contracts and collect some heavy baths for our storage .

Took all day but enjoyable ,didnt unload but do that on Tuesday as my motor is not required until then .

Seen this in Wakefield last week loading pianos from an auction house

Dennis Javelin:

robthedog:
Couple of old Bedfords

Ex Pickfords. Strange that they painted over the Pickfords livery but retained the fleet no’s.

Pickfords used to sell off the vans when they reached 8 years old. I always found it strange that they sold off perfectly serviceable vehicles complete with the bodywork. The only people who would be interested in buying up these vehicles were, by and large, companies that would be competing against them.

Dennis Javelin the Bedford KM it’s not Ex Pickfords it is Pickfords …Thoms Rowe were part of Pickfords in the late 70s they put huge batch of these KMs on the road all in the blue colour …they just put the names of the companies they had acquired on the new vehicles…the new vehicles arrived at Griff Fender in Swansea that colour with the name on just like this one …Fenders ran them for a while in that colour but later put there own logo a colours on them…this one here arrived in those colours and logo pretty much the same… Stringfellows of Wigan had a batch also in the same Pickfords Blue at that time

IMG_0001.jpg

marktaff:

Dennis Javelin:

robthedog:
Couple of old Bedfords

Dennis Javelin the Bedford KM it’s not Ex Pickfords it is Pickfords …Thoms Rowe were part of Pickfords in the late 70s they put huge batch of these KMs on the road all in the blue colour …they just put the names of the companies they had acquired on the new vehicles…the new vehicles arrived at Griff Fender in Swansea that colour with the name on just like this one …Fenders ran them for a while in that colour but later put there own logo a colours on them…this one here arrived in those colours and logo pretty much the same… Stringfellows of Wigan had a batch also in the same Pickfords Blue at that time

Thanks for that - every day’s a school day on here :laughing: I joined Pickfords in June 81 but I don’t recall them ever running under the name of anyone else.

Hi lads,new addition going on this week these bad boys

Hey up John , bet there be loud .

Dennis Javelin:
“marktaff” “Dennis Javelin” “robthedog” Couple of old Bedfords

Thanks for that - every day’s a school day on here :laughing: I joined Pickfords in June 81 but I don’t recall them ever running under the name of anyone else.

Pickfords bought Griff Fender in 1964. :wink:

removals fender 1964 premo.PNG

smallcoal:

That will wake a few dozy car drivers up John,nice !!! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

smallcoal:

Those will definitely give some hear ache John :smiley:

1BD02522-9E4D-42B3-80F9-D57C157D1118.jpeg

DEANB:

Dennis Javelin:
“marktaff” “Dennis Javelin” “robthedog” Couple of old Bedfords

Pickfords bought Griff Fender in 1964. :wink:

Dean you are a treasure with these lovely bits of old information…that’s lovely little snippet thanks for sharing :smiley:

removals fender 1964 premo.PNG

All credit to Richard Says for the photos.
Oily

Removals Richard 51332903087_e48e498d72_5k.jpg

Removals Richard 51151190165_4c072562c1_4k.jpg

Great photos Oily.

The hoff who drives our 18t M A N is off with a DVT on his leg !!! :cry: ,luckily he caught this on time but he is in a bit of a mess at the moment , i am back on his motor for now in between driving my wagon on the kitchen/bathroom deliveries , these photos were from this week ,down in Crook Hill near Ringwood Hants .