Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Last think he said to me last Thursday ! was to wash my truck before next week :laughing: ,yes i did it on Sunday .

A Citroen removal van from Cork in Ireland, parked up at the top of " Cardiac Hill "in Mojacar, Almeria Province in Spain.

Ray Smyth.

Photo0575 (2).jpg

Photo0576.jpg

1.Smaller vehicles are great for access , here park around the back of Ritchie court in Oxford (retirement home) ,there is no way you would get a 18t round the back ,and at the front of the building it is a long walk to the lift .

Have to say a nice colour scheme on your vehicles Jakey, don’t know if they are sign written or decals but either way the writing looks like good old fashioned sign writing. Very smart!

1, Trade assistance for this great company in Oxford ,Ingrams from up north .

2, they even parked in our u=yard for the night.

JAKEY:
Frosty63 , i think that is why a lot of the older guys stay on the job because the removals is a great laugh ,also can be very stressful at times :laughing: , makes me laugh now when i am working with the younger guys ,they seam to catch you up quickly and want to over take you :open_mouth: when 20 years ago i was doing the same to our older crews .

I was 19 when I first got into the game, so I obviously got all the heavy end of things but it did teach me how to handle big/ bulky/ heavy stuff without breaking my back/ legs/ joints and how to pace with another bloke (it’s not fun moving a wardrobe or a fridge or a piano with someone who can’t keep a consistent pace). I also got a lot of the “housekeeping” - at the end of a job, tidy up straps/ ties, fold up blankets/ pads square and tie them in; trolleys stowed; and sweep the back out (no-one wants their furniture delivered with someone else’s cack on it).

ParkRoyal2100:

JAKEY:
Frosty63 , i think that is why a lot of the older guys stay on the job because the removals is a great laugh ,also can be very stressful at times :laughing: , makes me laugh now when i am working with the younger guys ,they seam to catch you up quickly and want to over take you :open_mouth: when 20 years ago i was doing the same to our older crews .

I was 19 when I first got into the game, so I obviously got all the heavy end of things but it did teach me how to handle big/ bulky/ heavy stuff without breaking my back/ legs/ joints and how to pace with another bloke (it’s not fun moving a wardrobe or a fridge or a piano with someone who can’t keep a consistent pace). I also got a lot of the “housekeeping” - at the end of a job, tidy up straps/ ties, fold up blankets/ pads square and tie them in; trolleys stowed; and sweep the back out (no-one wants their furniture delivered with someone else’s cack on it).

During my apprenticeship with a house furnisher I very soon learned that when a 2 man carry was required walking with weight is easier going forward than backwards especially upstairs even though it meant bearing most of the weight.
Oily

1, more trade assistance in Oxford with Cyril Worh and son from Devon .

4, Andrew Worth and myself .

B

Hi Steve ,give my best to the hoff sorry to hear that hope he back soon ,fitted them horns they are bloody loud done a job this week to the Olympic village edmonton to the new flats they building,