Blood, Sweat and Broken China (the Removals thread)

Great news mate , it takes us four hours from Oxford .

LOvely photos Suede head , love the Tk ,looks like our old one but ours was a 1966 and was Petrol .

JAKEY:
LOvely photos Suede head , love the Tk ,looks like our old one but ours was a 1966 and was Petrol .

Glad you like the pics. How did you get on with the petrol engine Tks ?
Can remember the family firm running nothing but Bedfords from the mid 60s onwards. Think they had a petrol engine one for a very short time, they didnt rate them. Think they had a 4 cyl diesel as well, which they also got rid of rather sharpish

Hello Suede head , bit before my time but i was told by dad that the petrol engine was a nightmare and cost him a fortune , and was replaced with a Commer/Karrier which was a great motor , we had Commers and Dodges for some years after that .

Morning Steve ,got a new addition coming for my man a neon illuminated sign for inside with the man design on it going to Norwich tomorrow 12 o clock tip so in for 5am

Hello John , look forward to seeing this mate .

JAKEY:
Hello John , look forward to seeing this mate .

You can get them on ebay all different colours look good in yours they would

Marsden advert from 1964.

DEANB:
Marsden advert from 1964.

Napier Street (Their original premises) before they moved to their much larger Longshaw Street (An ex brewery)

This must have been one of the first (If not 1st Fibreglass bodies) We had 4 vans (Three integrals 1 luton) built in 1965 First two were plymax paneled the 3rd was fibreglass one of 1st fibreglass integrals. The 4th a TK luton was ordered as fibreglass but they rang to say the Fibreglass plant that made the flat panels had broken down so there would be a delay unless we had it built in plymax which we did,

Hi Steve,my man light arrived yesterday be putting it in tomorrow along with 2 mini scarves will take pics for you they would look nice on your trucks as well you busy mate we are been everywhere this week Norwich,Cambridge,brighouse,st helens,ashford,rochester ended up running in sat morning held up in rochester Friday for 2 hours :imp:

Hello John , yes i look forward to seeing this mate , bet she looks good now.

Great news your busy .

Only a small van but a very important vehicle here , she not used much for quotes any more but used as a second vehicle due to only two in a cab these days and also the driver drops and collects packaging etc .

Renault Kangoo 2001 , nothing wrong with here ,no rot and under the body is still mint .

Hi Steve,my new addition

Looking very smart John , looks like she been washed too ,have you got a wash on site ?

JAKEY:
Looking very smart John , looks like she been washed too ,have you got a wash on site ?

Yes got steamer on site washed her down yesterday afternoon before going home spotless for Tuesday

looking good John ,where you off to mate ?

JAKEY:
looking good John ,where you off to mate ?

don’t know yet will get a txt over weekend with Tuesdays work

Hi Steve,5am Tuesday start loading crumlin for hemple hemstead up and back

Nice run John.