Bit too quiet at work

Franglais:

Sidevalve:
Worth considering the effects of WTD reference periods. Yes, I know many firms don’t take a blind bit of notice of them but the bigger ones who have to do compliance audits and all that crap do. If a company’s got a lot of drivers near that limit then the regulars will be put on short work whilst agency drivers do the longer runs.

Pointless BS you might say, and I’m personally minded to agree; but it is a hoop that some companies have to jump through.

Fair comment.
Also by making sure their own drivers are on shorter hours now, maybe management can be sure they have regular drivers available on, say, Dec 24th or Dec 27th? Or am I being a tad cynical?

You’re being cynical mate :wink: I work for one of these bigger companies that stick to WTD reference period on own account work, and we are closed all over the xmas period for nearly 2 weeks. We have to save 3 days holiday to use and get paid for the shutdown days.

Winner winner, chicken dinner :grimacing:

bobbya:

eagerbeaver:

Lancsdriver70:

eagerbeaver:
Do you not have a minimum amount of guaranteed hours on your contract mate?

You’re right Beaver…we do get paid a guaranteed 45 hrs. But me and many others were hoping to get some 50-60hr weeks’ in
to boost the Christmas present funds :frowning: …no chance of that with the 80+ subbies and agency drivers that we currently have working for us.

…Are you sure you’ve never worked at our place beaver? :wink:

One of the few that I haven’t pal :grimacing: Play golf with your distribution director though, he has a nice Range Rover and an even nicer Lambo Huracan :grimacing:

Strong smell of something here.

Considering Lancs works at the firm in question and has seen the cars for himself, I suggest that you are wrong.

eagerbeaver:

bobbya:

eagerbeaver:

Lancsdriver70:
You’re right Beaver…we do get paid a guaranteed 45 hrs. But me and many others were hoping to get some 50-60hr weeks’ in
to boost the Christmas present funds :frowning: …no chance of that with the 80+ subbies and agency drivers that we currently have working for us.

…Are you sure you’ve never worked at our place beaver? :wink:

One of the few that I haven’t pal :grimacing: Play golf with your distribution director though, he has a nice Range Rover and an even nicer Lambo Huracan :grimacing:

Strong smell of something here.

Considering Lancs works at the firm in question and has seen the cars for himself, I suggest that you are wrong.

I wouldn’t dispute his keen sense of smell. What the youngster, sitting alone behind his computer, can smell remains a mystery. .

Our place has gone quiet too. We rely on the boats and they just haven’t been coming in as much.

Think op may have a point , last time I came here they were on phone in mins , get tri and pull out , 3 hrs this morn sat here waiting for load and no- one seems bothered :unamused:

The containers have slowed down big time…There is a bad vibe in the air.
People have finally stopped spending! :open_mouth:
Good.