Bit of Red Drive?

Farmer jailed for red diesel fraud bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-li … e-28268499

Looks like 35 fellow truckers may have been using it to ‘undercut’ other hauliers ?

Jailed for owing the government money and not giving them their cut, what makes government so special they are the biggest hypocrites by far, bunch of self serving scumbags some who should be behind bars themselves but the laws don’t apply to them it would seem, I have no simpathy for the state,or for losses to it’s coffers , shame it wasn’t happening on a bigger scale so the whole haulage industry saved some money, the charging of VAT on top of their extortionate fuel tax duty should of been outlawed years ago, goverment is the real thief here, and we all roll over and accept it

So they were running on add red ,rather than add blue ! Mercedes red efficiency models .

tommy t:
Jailed for owing the government money and not giving them their cut, what makes government so special they are the biggest hypocrites by far, bunch of self serving scumbags some who should be behind bars themselves but the laws don’t apply to them it would seem, I have no simpathy for the state,or for losses to it’s coffers , shame it wasn’t happening on a bigger scale so the whole haulage industry saved some money, the charging of VAT on top of their extortionate fuel tax duty should of been outlawed years ago, goverment is the real thief here, and we all roll over and accept it

Fair enough as a rant against the Government and tax policy, but those who resort to these sort of practices are literally snatching the food off others’ tables.

seven years is a bit strong. it’s only money.
Why do people assume that these hauliers would undercut anyone?
If they get £1000 for a job, They will still charge £1000 no matter what colour diesel is in the tanks.

Fair play to them hope they got the money stashed how can his scentece be more than rolf harris for molesting kids.
About right for this country

kr79:
Fair play to them hope they got the money stashed how can his scentece be more than rolf harris for molesting kids.

Because they had the audacity to try and get one over the govt/establishment financially, a crime considered more serious than crimes against kids in this country.
Fiddle the system… jail, beat a kid up… counselling and community service and/or suspended sentence.

tommy t:

Er - the charging of VAT on top of fuel duty doesn’t affect the haulage industry at all…

tommy t:

Says man living off tax credits…

Ouch!

Conor:

tommy t:

Says man living off tax credits…

I wish,Do you know how little a single person needs to earn to even qualify for working tax credits these days? it’s certainly not worth your while getting out of bed for, Ten years ago when you could earn something like a reasonable wage and get WTC’s all be it a tiny amount maybe, i got exactly the same amount in wtc as what my monthly instalments where for council tax when i was working for agencies, wish i had known i could have claimed expenses for commuting to all the different places of work back then too,

Roymondo:
Er - the charging of VAT on top of fuel duty doesn’t affect the haulage industry at all…

Yes i know as they can claim it back , But it affects those of us who arn’t VAT registered rich & poor , And it’s an example of rip off britain we should not be taxed twice on road fuel,we even get taxed on domestic fuels although at a reduced rate of 5% which i too disagree with the oil companies and government and those spectulators have been ripping the urine out of us mugs for years

robroy:

kr79:

Because they had the audacity to try and get one over the govt/establishment financially, a crime considered more serious than crimes against kids in this country.
Fiddle the system… jail, beat a kid up… counselling and community service and/or suspended sentence.

That’s about the size of it, and it’s pretty much the same when it comes down to non payment of income tax too, they will lock you up for that too at the drop of a hat, it’s one rule for them and a different rule set for us, allways has been and won’t change unless we all say enough is enough which won’t happen .

Glad to see they have been sent to prison. Sheer greed and no consideration for other people or competing businness. A truly nasty offence on a substantial scale. Hope the government recover all the lost revenue . I don’t necessary agree with all the tax rates but they still have to be paid.

Aye fill my car while you’re at it! :laughing: :laughing:

These people weren’t just cheating the government, they were making a big profit with their scam.

Dave the Renegade:
These people weren’t just cheating the government, they were making a big profit with their scam.

Shoot them all now.

Well, wait 5 minutes while the law makers dispose of some more kiddy fiddling videos then they will have time to sign the papers.

A farmer going using 1.5 million litres of red diesel is going to raise the odd eyebrow even to the dumbest government officials.

merc0447:
A farmer going using 1.5 million litres of red diesel is going to raise the odd eyebrow even to the dumbest government officials.

Not in Ireland.

I was coming out the head of the valley’s road there or some such round there & they were proper blocking the road & pulling any moody lookers for the dip.