Birds

Ballyvesey Holdings purchase Bird’s Groupage Services Limited

9th February
Ballyvesey Holdings are pleased to announce that we have completed the purchase of the trade and assets of Bird’s Groupage Services Limited today, 9th February 2013.

The business will continue to trade from its depots in Parsonage Street, Birmingham and Dennison Industrial Estate, Ballyclare under the new trading name of Birds Transport & Logistics. All operational and accounting staff, drivers, warehouse and workshop employees will transfer to the new company which will continue to serve its loyal and extensive customer base, - business as usual.

Birds Transport & Logistics will be managed on an autonomous basis with its own management team and will operate separately from the Montgomery Transport Group.

We are also delighted to announce the appointment of Robin Davies as Managing Director of the business. Robin will be based at the Parsonage Street depot in Oldbury, Birmingham.

Please note the new mailing address for all correspondence :

Birds Transport & Logistics,
Parsonage Street,
Oldbury,
B69 4PH,
West Midlands.

Tel : +44(0)121 552 2402.

www.birds.co.uk

www.ballyvesey.com

this Ballyvesey looks like a rather large company…

Very large

Trukkertone:
this Ballyvesey looks like a rather large company…

oh yes, indeedy. :sunglasses:

Yes they have there fingers in a lot of pies,just out of interest what would a company like birds cost to purchase,they’ve been around a long time .

Good luck to them, 1972 until now, i hope the family enjoy their retirement.
Fast trucks on the limiter as well :open_mouth:

Fbb your just jelouse you can,t pass them!

mutley75:

:laughing: their low rider european units used to fly past me on the 25!

How does a firm get so big so quietly?

The same one’s that hold me up!!!

mutley75:

I’ve flew past them many a time ,oops

Buying up firms but trading under the different names.

Deeireland:
…just out of interest what would a company like birds cost to purchase,they’ve been around a long time.

That would depend on how much the company is worth; about £8.5million in this instance. However, a quick look at the accounts they’ve filed over the last few years and the phrase “sinking ship” springs to mind. I’m sure this would have been taken into consideration when an offer was made.

Contraflow:

Deeireland:
…just out of interest what would a company like birds cost to purchase,they’ve been around a long time.

That would depend on how much the company is worth; about £8.5million in this instance. However, a quick look at the accounts they’ve filed over the last few years and the phrase “sinking ship” springs to mind. I’m sure this would have been taken into consideration when an offer was made.

you are quite right regarding the accounts etc, but it is easy to stem the loss, Admin Management levels can go as they have there own, sell off the birmingham yard and use the one they own etc that will cut losses.

Ballyvesey Holdings = Montgomerys transport, Montracon trailers and West Pennine trucks to name a few .
Birds will fit in nicely but don’t be surprised to see a few Montgomery trailers and trucks in “Birds” yards.

is this the same birds who used to have the yard in white hart lane tottenham ■■? a few hundred metres from the Cambridge road?

beefy4605:
Ballyvesey Holdings = Montgomerys transport, Montracon trailers and West Pennine trucks to name a few .
Birds will fit in nicely but don’t be surprised to see a few Montgomery trailers and trucks in “Birds” yards.

And don’t be surprised to see Ballyclare shutdown Monty’s has generally shut down the yards of companies that he has taken over in NI

and monty does not seem to keep the name of the aquired business for too long either.

glenman:
and monty does not seem to keep the name of the aquired business for too long either.

Noticed that myself, he buys a company keeps it running for a while and then absorbs it into his main business.

Birds is not owned by montgomeries. It is owned by the company that also owns montys.