billy liars,,

just had to do this,you know the ones “iv done this” “i earned £900 this week”…
wots the best youve heard,
well today i was filling up and the guy next to me said he had just come back from germany and picked up in belgium i could tell he was a crank straight away :unamused: ,i then said when did you get back he said yesterday i said did you take that trailer over the water with you,yes he replied…15ft plus it was,i didnt tell him let him day dream eh… :smiley:

Can’t see a 15’ trailer working in Belgium tbh :smiley:

15 ft High or Long :laughing: :laughing:

Alinfrance:
15 ft High or Long :laughing: :laughing:

Could be wide!
I did hear that all the buses in Belgium were 15’ wide 'cause everyone wanted to sit at the front!!!

Coz everyone eats chips and mayo!!

obviously full of [zb] with a trailer like that.
but is £900 a lot? take off the tax and NI. and you get a normal wage including nights out. so nothing special with that sort of money.

once had a guy telling me he was headed for the ferry from Archangelski in Russia to sail to Canada for a backload :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

toowise:
once had a guy telling me he was headed for the ferry from Archangelski in Russia to sail to Canada for a backload :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the answer to that is. “oh yes, the foods a bit strange though, hey is sergai still behind the bar, see you later mate, gotta go, i’m tipping in greenland on monday.”

The other day I had a guy telling me all about the european trip he’d just returned from, whilst we were tipping at the same place.
Glancing up into his windscreen, I noticed a blue disc, not a green one. Why do people feel the need to exagerate their accounts of life? I used to think it would be great to run continental, but found it was sometimes good, sometimes bad but always too far away from home, and an foriegn motorway/industrial estate/ Factory, looks pretty much the same as an English one.

The one about finding a lost tractor unit, using only the power of Google Earth. :laughing: :laughing:

Heard a skip driver telling another driver how he once came back to the yard with two skips doubled up on the back and one hanging off the back on the arms.

hammer:
The one about finding a lost tractor unit, using only the power of Google Earth. :laughing: :laughing:

Cor a new one for the internet age, nice to see them moving with the times. :laughing:

muckles:

hammer:

Cor a new one for the internet age, nice to see them moving with the times. :laughing:

i think this is stirring from another thread. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

how about that guy who does millions of drops every year all on the same day

you all know him

red suit white beard got a sleigh type truck with 6 or 7 reindeer brake horse power :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

coat hat taxi (or sleigh)

jessicas dad:

muckles:

hammer:

i think this is stirring from another thread. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Me? Stirring? Never!

I hear these stories quite regular and have got to the point where I show my arrogant side and tell them they are talking proverbials…I don’t turn round or anything - I just tell them! If someone wants to talk then fair enough but don’t give me rubbish, I get enough of that from planners.

I fall out with people often but I’n not too bothered about that - I used to humour them but prefer to talk to people who are capable and honest.

Actually, the company I used to work for, the crap one, you know, but off course all similarities to McLellan’s Transport are clearly coincident, used to send lorries over without international license… It was Polish guy, who did France, they grounded the lorry and he spend there quite few days before company paid the penalty… :wink: So you never know, some of these stories might be true.

there is a guy at our place(life would be duller without him though) whos stories over the years are…well…unbelivable,one of our all time favorites when asked if he had ever been stopped by the police(this actually happened in front of 10+ drivers blowing the froth off a couple one night in ackworth).
“yeh well i was in the army and i had 56 tonne of dynamite on the back going round the 25,and coppers were surrounding my truck when i noticed my rear trailer axle was on fire.the coppers did a “box in” on me,but i kept going,cos i had a mate who owned a field further round,coppers were trying to run me off the road onto the hard shoulder but i kept going.i pulled off the carriageway,through the fence and into the field,jumped out and pulled the pin and had it away on me toes.”
when another ex forces lad reminded him of the fact the army would never allow such a high volume of explosives to be carried on a single load,he said"thats when we realised,the trailer was empty".
nearly beats his pinching and hiding a nuclear warhead in his garage when he was in the forces,to test the armys security measures.he had it at home all weekend apparently…

kr79:
Heard a skip driver telling another driver how he once came back to the yard with two skips doubled up on the back and one hanging off the back on the arms.

I’ve actually seen that done by a local operator. It was quite impressive to see. He also looked pretty light on the front axle, steering was mostly ineffective :smiley:

Alas I can’t often swear at work or cry out WTF!!!

yorkshire terrier:
just had to do this,you know the ones “iv done this” “i earned £900 this week”…

Thats £88.96 less than I took home this week
not bad for 5 days* on the agency :wink:

coat, hat … taxi

• holiday pay