Bibbys and lkw traction only

Hi guys a good friend of mine is thinking about traction only work for the above companies, any one had experience of doing this for them, the good the bad and the ugly please thanks in advance.

which LKW?

there are a few :wink:

Hi it’s lkw Walters

ive had some german,swiss and austrian backloads home from lkw they,ve got loads of work but the moneys not great, that was with my own euroliner though, but then you would probably have a charge for pulling their trailers all the time. they will also offer you a quick payment for a discount off the invoice. i would,nt do it the rates are low to begin with although payment is spot on every month if you work regularly for them. they are good as a back up if your normal work goes quiet but i would,nt recommend it for your main source of work.

Both are crap !! bibbys a little more crap than lkw

Any information about them - freja.com/FRONTPAGE/Working- … ing-1.aspx ?

What other companies offer traction work in europe, and are not absolute tossers?

If you find out let us know :smiley:

Factor in £400 plus a month in trailer hire on Bibby’s too, they won’t let you use your own trailer,

Thanks for Your e-mail.
I hereby send you ourconditions on the continent. Please read them through and revert to me, if Youwant me to send You a copy of our contract.We are able to offerYou roundtrips on Spain, France, Portugal,Holland, Belgiumand Luxembourg

PriceFrance/Spain/Portugal: € 0, 80 + German MAUT + French and Spanish roadtaxes
PriceHolland/Belgium/Luxembourg: € 0,80 + German Maut
Payment: month + 30days
Freja Transport & Logisticspays for bridges and ferries
Trailer: It’s Frejapolicy that all hauliers must use Freja Trailers. Trailer rent is €750,00 pr month pr. Trailer. Can be negotiated.
From first loadingplace in DK to last unloading place in DK. That means that between unloading inDK on one trip to loading in DK on the next trip You pay the empty km
We do FTL, LTL andgroupage.
We never give anyguarantees! Normally our trucks have between 10-12000 km per month on France.Spain / Portugal 12-15000 km per month.
We make credit notes toall our hauliers. We need all CMR’s as soon as the trip is over.
We can provide You withdiesel cards and DKV cards for the road taxes.
Looking forward to hearfrom You, if this could be of any interest.
If You are interestedin other destinations, than the above mentioned, please let me know.

if that is 0.80 Euro per KM, that equates to £1.06 per mile :open_mouth:

Makes solstors 1.25 a mile sound a good deal.

That makes biddys look good at £1.06 a mile gordon bennett and 60 days payment,

Jesus!!! how much for a trailer? 60 days waiting and empty mileage not paid in Dk.
:smiley:

Who actually does this traction work for them? :unamused:

globby 480:

Go on daz.
You know you want to.
YOU LAV IT

Hi

I have subbed for LKW Walter on and off for the last 5 years and although they arn’t the highest payers they aint the worst either. One good thing about them is you will get paid. I don’t know about traction as I have always used my own trailer but they did have traction work between UK and a railhead in Belgium with no trailer rental. Alot of people only say bad about Walters but alot of it is based on what has been heard rather than experience.
Graham

ROADRANGER:

globby 480:

Go on daz.
You know you want to.
YOU LAV IT

NOPE :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: saying sweet f.a.,… :wink:

Denmark to Portugal would be a nice drive. :sunglasses:

They may be alright for one way work Graham.

We can’t complain really, once the word “traction” gets thrown in the mix, you are just a glorified employee anyway.

Hello Silversurfer,

When I work for Walters, which I am at the moment, I do round trip work. It pays all mileage empty and loaded but to be honest I don’t think there is alot to choose between most of the companies using subbies. Walters have almost always been fair and on one occasion when I had to get home they paid me to return from France empty and paid the ferry. I can’t really say more than that. In truth don’t think anyone is paying a realistic rate anymore, a situation I don’t think is going to improve anytime soon.

regards

Graham