Bewick Tractor units through the years

May spark a bit of interest :slight_smile: Here goes,there are plenty of shots in the archive :wink:

An even better shot from many years before ! :wink:

Hi Bewick it will be good to see the lorries you had . What is your favoright ? Tony

I will add these 3 for you Dennis,You must have let me copy them some time ago and I have kept them in my photo album.Now you can give us some info on them if thats ok with you. :smiley: cheers John.
Bewick Atkinson KSO101F.jpg
Bewick Atkinson SDJ403F.jpg

And one from a magazine.Brilliant :stuck_out_tongue:
Bewick Attkinson Borderer.jpg

mercman123:
Hi Bewick it will be good to see the lorries you had . What is your favoright ? Tony

Gotta be this A series “M123” closely followed by the first new Atky we bought MEC98K.

Stanfield:
I will add these 3 for you Dennis,You must have let me copy them some time ago and I have kept them in my photo album.Now you can give us some info on them if thats ok with you. :smiley: cheers John.321
And one from a magazine.Brilliant :stuck_out_tongue: 0

A lot of memories there John,all good ones as well!, KSD 101F ex Oswald of Ayr,one tough unbreakable tractor,■■■■■■■ 180/ZF6 speed/Kirkstall BDR.SDJ403F ex Suttons 4 wheeler,a right little sewing machine that 6LW and as smooth as silk to drive into the bargain ! MEC291P,one of the last Atky Borderers built and one of our first “sleepers” (if you could call them that) ■■■■■■■ 220/Fuller610/Kirkstall D85 HR.And finally,probably my third choice of favourite tractors OJM 480L a real flying machine ■■■■■■■ 220/Fuller610/2 speed Eaton drive axle.I have no idea who the lazy ■■■■■■■ is who is fast asleep in the passenger side is ! :blush: :blush: :blush: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:

Stanfield:
I will add these 3 for you Dennis,You must have let me copy them some time ago and I have kept them in my photo album.Now you can give us some info on them if thats ok with you. :smiley: cheers John.321
And one from a magazine.Brilliant :stuck_out_tongue: 0

A lot of memories there John,all good ones as well!, KSD 101F ex Oswald of Ayr,one tough unbreakable tractor,■■■■■■■ 180/ZF6 speed/Kirkstall BDR.SDJ403F ex Suttons 4 wheeler,a right little sewing machine that 6LW and as smooth as silk to drive into the bargain ! MEC291P,one of the last Atky Borderers built and one of our first “sleepers” (if you could call them that) ■■■■■■■ 220/Fuller610/Kirkstall D85 HR.And finally,probably my third choice of favourite tractors OJM 480L a real flying machine ■■■■■■■ 220/Fuller610/2 speed Eaton drive axle.I have no idea who the lazy [zb] is who is fast asleep in the passenger side is ! :blush: :blush: :blush: Cheers Dennis.

Hi Dennis,
Forget the Tractors,
Give me SDJ403F the 4 wheeler Atkinson any day,
What a Gem.Very Smart.

Regards

F Troop.

Ye can gan to bed to-neet a happy camper “F Troop” heres a shot of the Atky 4 wheeler on the A5 at Hinkley,at the Avairy cafe,it’s loaded with 10ton of Westmorland water worn rockery for the prosperous South,ye might not be so keen about handballing it off at the Garden centre like! :frowning: :frowning: Cheers Dennis.

Great pictures Berwick . What engine was in the A series you had . My dad drove an A series with a gardner 240 in . At the time I didn’t like especially the same firm having Volvo 240 s . Just wished I had taken photos of them when I was younger . Didn’t realise how much a classic it would be . Tony

mercman123:
Great pictures Berwick . What engine was in the A series you had . My dad drove an A series with a gardner 240 in . At the time I didn’t like especially the same firm having Volvo 240 s . Just wished I had taken photos of them when I was younger . Didn’t realise how much a classic it would be . Tony

This is a shot of the two Gardner engined A series we ran,the one on the left had the 240LXB engine and my favourite on the right had the 180LXB engine.The 240 had the Fuller 9509 box and the 180 had the smaller 6509 (?) box,both had the same Kirkstall D85 HR axle and both had ZF power steering.We did run two other “A” Series units but they had the ■■■■■■■ 220 engine in them.Hope this info is of interest Tony,Cheers B-E-W-I-C-K. :wink:

Here’s one for you Dennis.If you were still operating today what motors would you be running? would it still be Scania and if so why them.?

Hey Dennis you were a brave man taking on an ex Oswald motor if it was a good one it must have been a day man that had it and there was only half a dozen or so of them every thing else was on 24 hr trunk and was USED and ABUSED. Eddie.

Bewick:

mercman123:

This is a shot of the two Gardner engined A series we ran,the one on the left had the 240LXB engine and my favourite on the right had the 180LXB engine.The 240 had the Fuller 9509 box and the 180 had the smaller 6509 (?) box,both had the same Kirkstall D85 HR axle and both had ZF power steering.We did run two other “A” Series units but they had the ■■■■■■■ 220 engine in them.Hope this info is of interest Tony,Cheers B-E-W-I-C-K. :wink:

Thanks for that Berwick . when did you start your business and when did you finish thanks again .'Tony

img076.jpg :open_mouth: this ,cheers benkku

bma.finland:
0 :open_mouth: this ,cheers benkku

Excellent drawings bma.,as usual,and just to put the finishing touches to them,the Scania R113 is Registered No. F993 FEC,1988, and the Atkinsons No. is MEC 98K 1971. :wink: Cheers benkku,Dennis.

mercman123:

Bewick:

mercman123:

Thanks for that Berwick . when did you start your business and when did you finish thanks again .'Tony

1968 thru 1995,joined WRM group. BEWICK !!! not BERWICK!! Cheers BEWICK.

This is a '73 shot of the first ERF we purchased seen here prior to entering service,a nice smooth motor but no match for the Atkinsons performance wise. :frowning:

And this was the other ■■■■■■■ 220 “A” Series we ran,a seconhand one but a good motor all the same. :wink:

Great Photos Dennis, You must have been a rich bugger in those good old days to have a camera Eh, Ha Ha, Regards Larry.

Even richer to afford all that paint!