Beware suicidal women

A woman committed suicide by walking in front of a truck yesterday. It caused hours of delays as the road was closed. What that poor driver must be feeling is quite unnearving, as it could have been any of us that ran her down and could do nothing about it. My husband was just behind the place where it happened.
More details on crash death woman
A woman in her 40s from Telford died when she was hit by a lorry on a busy Shropshire road.
West Midlands Ambulance Service said crews went to a lay-by on the A5 between junction seven of the M54 and the first turn off for Shrewsbury.

A spokesman said although crews arrived quickly there was nothing they could do to save her and she died at the scene.

The westbound A5 from Wellington was closed for several hours while the crash was investigated.

An ambulance, the County Air Ambulance from Cosford and an incident support officer were sent to the scene, the West Midlands Ambulance Service said.

Three other vehicles behind the skip lorry were involved in a separate minor collision.

There were delays in both directions of the A5 following the incidents.

feel sorry for the driver involved what a thoughtless way to do it
at least she wont do it again thou :slight_smile:

Seems to be happening more frequent this .

I hate it now when I approach a bridge and can just see the outline of someone standing there , I have visions of them coming in to the cab head first and covering me in blood and brains :confused:

Thankfully on the roads this is still a fairly infrequent event, however as has been said is on the increase. Its something that train drivers have to contend with on a daily basis, some of the routes into London probably average one suicide a day. The area between Colchester and Stratford is particularly prone to this, something i have witnessed first hand. Thoughts are with the driver involved.

paul@midway:
Seems to be happening more frequent this .

I hate it now when I approach a bridge and can just see the outline of someone standing there , I have visions of them coming in to the cab head first and covering me in blood and brains :confused:

or a brick!!!

Been to a couple of these and sadly it seems to be on the increase.

They were not nice for me so god knows how the trucker felt, scared for life springs to mind :frowning:

Thoughts to the driver but also spare a thought for the poor peep who was so messed up that they walked out. :bulb:

i couldnt care less about the stupid ‘messed-up’ cow,my only concern would be for the poor driver then all the young children who had to witness the mess whilst passing,but if it was just me personally it happend to then id only be worried about losing my monthly bonus,i dont do empithy towards societies trash.‘bin em all’ :imp:

pmt can to strange things to a woman. and serious problems for men also :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’re wrong, Chrisyboy. You are messed up for a long long time. You get flashbacks for years, and even the sight of a dead rabbit can bring these flashbacks on. It makes you jittery and when you see people on bridges or standing close to the edge of the road you virtually panic. A kid riding towards you on their pedalbike can send you nuts.

You wouldn’t even think of your bonus, I assure you.

I feel for the driver involved, the people who witnessed it, the people who saw the aftermath and those who had to clean it all up. Somewhere, there is quite possibly a family who are wondering what has hit them.

Something like that affects dozens of people. Some will never get over it.

I only used to watch bridges for brick/debris throwers …After seeing somoene who had just “fell off” the bridge and splattered on the tarmac and still being run over because people literally couldn’t avoid it , it now makes me wonder if that shadow at 1am in the morning is going “fall off” .

hi there bobthedog,i was maybe being a bit too OTT about the bonus,but i dont take back anything about the anger i feel towards these ‘individuals’ while i havent been in the terrible position of hitting anyone,i have first hand experince of the mess left behind.I put a post on the forum about 3 weeks ago,it knocked me about what i saw id have to admit a very gruesome sight,and i do get a lot more edgy when seeing people on bridges.It would obviously affect the driver for as long as he lives,which in its self makes the crime more hienious.But it wouldnt stop me driving belive-me id never let someone elses selfish actions ruin my life thats what these nutters want! and i for one wont give them the perverse satisfaction.Oh i do feel sympathy for the familly by the way,i just for-got to mention it in my earier post.

A 40-year-old woman who died after being struck by a skip lorry on one of Shropshire’s busiest roads was today named as Patricia Clare Nickless.

The victim, from Little Dawley, Telford, was pronounced dead at the scene after she was struck by the lorry on the carriageway of the A5 shortly before 3pm on Monday.

A post mortem examination was carried out yesterday and an inquest is due to be opened by Coroner for Mid and North Shropshire, Mr John Ellery, tomorrow.

seen the aftermaths of 2 jumpers and know a guy it happened to i became aware due to an incident that happened to me that there might be compensation available thruogh the crimminal injury compensation board due to trauma train drivers as a rule have a set ammount that they will receive no questions asked :question: lorry drivers :exclamation: :cry:

Could I ask how you know she committed suicide ?

I apologise for my rant, Chrisyboy. It wasn’t really directed as such, but I have heard people say that they don’t care and that troubles me.

It didn’t stop me driving, either. Far from it, in fact, but it left a scar which doesn’t go away.

I would have thought the post title could be changed to just ‘Beware Women’, doesn’t matter if they are suicidal - just beware! :laughing:

The same thing happened on M1 j11 mid morning about six weeks ago.Cannot begin to think what the driver goes through in those circumstances.

tachograph:
Could I ask how you know she committed suicide ?

tacho because they will literally walk out and look straight at the truck. There is also a difference between someone who calmly walks out into the road and someone who staggers out through drink.

chrissy boy

There are two types, those who want attention or help and they are generally the ones who will sit on a bridge for 2 hours before being talked down (but sometimes get it wrong)

but there are those that will, as said above pick a truck (because like a train there is little chance of surviving) and face it or drive up to bridge and go straight over, no sitting on the edge.

Yes it seems a selfish way to do it but then these people are not thinking logically or they would not be doing it. They are ill and deserving of compassion.

Whilst I feel for the driver who will have memories for the rest of their life of this you must also feel sad for the woman and her family.

I am not going to get into a long debate about suicide and depression but I hope she has found the peace she was looking for.

My thoughts are with everyone involved, the driver, the woman and their families.

I’ve often wondered where a driver would stand legally if for example, he was doing 56mph on a single track carriageway (which a good 75% of us do) and he ran over a person commiting suicide.

The police would obviously check his tachograph. Would the driver be liable to prosecution for that?