Beware suicidal women

Probably .
Knowing the old bill it would give them good excuse to fit you up for manslaughter :laughing:

LeicsShunter:
Whilst I feel for the driver who will have memories for the rest of their life of this you must also feel sad for the woman and her family.

I am not going to get into a long debate about suicide and depression but I hope she has found the peace she was looking for.

My thoughts are with everyone involved, the driver, the woman and their families.

Sorry, I’m not having that. I do not feel sorry for this woman in the slightest. I feel for the driver and the families but nothing for her. How can you? She has imposed her desire for death on someone who was merely doing their job and going about their business. The driver will have to live with the memories for the rest of his life, she has imposed her will on the driver - that is not acceptable.
:imp:
She is a coward who couldn’t even find the guts to kill herself ‘properly’, just get some poor unsuspecting passer-by to do it for her. :imp:

hammer:

LeicsShunter:
Whilst I feel for the driver who will have memories for the rest of their life of this you must also feel sad for the woman and her family.

I am not going to get into a long debate about suicide and depression but I hope she has found the peace she was looking for.

My thoughts are with everyone involved, the driver, the woman and their families.

Sorry, I’m not having that. I do not feel sorry for this woman in the slightest. I feel for the driver and the families but nothing for her. How can you? She has imposed her desire for death on someone who was merely doing their job and going about their business. The driver will have to live with the memories for the rest of his life, she has imposed her will on the driver - that is not acceptable.
She is a coward who couldn’t even find the guts to kill herself ‘properly’, just get some poor unsuspecting passer-by to do it for her. :imp:

I would suggest that rather than having a desire for death, what she had was a desire not to face her current life, two different things.

As for being a coward, perhaps she knew if she tried by pills etc, these take time to work, still leaves time for torment and thinking, being hit by a large object means instant bye byes.

Not saying what she did can be excused, and I empathise with the driver involved, but if you have never had a mental health problem you really are the lucky one!!!

25% of the general population will have a mental health problem at some time in their life, how many would admit to it is another matter.

kalm2kaos:

hammer:

LeicsShunter:

I would suggest that rather than having a desire for death, what she had was a desire not to face her current life, two different things.

As for being a coward, perhaps she knew if she tried by pills etc, these take time to work, still leaves time for torment and thinking, being hit by a large object means instant bye byes.

Not saying what she did can be excused, and I empathise with the driver involved, but if you have never had a mental health problem you really are the lucky one!!!

25% of the general population will have a mental health problem at some time in their life, how many would admit to it is another matter.

It doesn’t excuse her imposing her mental illness on a complete stranger. There are plenty of ways to top yourself without involving other people that would be quick and painless.

And boo hoo for her if ‘taking pills leaves time for torment and thinking’ - so what as long as she gets to her ‘destination’ in the end why should she worry? She’ll be dead after so it won’t matter will it?

lets hope you do it with a bottle of brandy and 30 aspirins hammer if you ever feel that you aint got anything left to live for but somebody still has to do the body recovery :question: i hope you never feel like that but theres no guarantees in life is there except one as for people who have depression or otheir mental ailments its the system that lets them and us down

hammer:
I would have thought the post title could be changed to just ‘Beware Women’, doesn’t matter if they are suicidal - just beware! :laughing:

…i think that statement kinda makes it game set and match as far as this thread goes :laughing:

hammer wrote:
I would have thought the post title could be changed to just ‘Beware Women’, doesn’t matter if they are suicidal - just beware!

…i think that statement kinda makes it game set and match as far as this thread goes

Careful boys - your inferiority complex is showing :laughing:

gota agree with a with hammer on this subject,theres plenty of ways to top your-self with-out destroying a drivers life(maybe even causing him depression)and so the vicious circle continues.As for the system letting these people down,i dont really see how as many of these people are ‘anti-system’ anyway and would never trust it to help them,in-fact they probably think that the system is ‘out to get them’.I just think of all those dying and needy children/adults who know they are going to die early,what they wouldnt give to live a long-life.Im all for euthanasia,maybe we should set-up nation-wide ‘drop-in’ centres,where the sucidal can do the deed hassle-free,maybe call em Harry(cash and) Carry centres. :laughing: i think that no-amount of ‘counselling’ is goin to stop a seriously disturbed individual,OK most people dont suffer that level of depression,but im only on the side of the VICTIM ie THE DRIVER,he had no choice in the matter,the PERPETRATER did,the incident i had the misfortune to come across involved what looked like a familly going on there Hols(judging by the remains of the vechicle),so would the other drivers commeting on this thread,be so liberal thinking if the sucide jockey i came accross had wiped-out a complete familly :question: im not having a dig here lads but aint one of the biggest problems in this country is trying to understand the criminal and neglecting the victim :question: as luck would have it no-body else was killed that day,but it could have been so different…

One of my friends is a train driver and I’m afraid this happens on a very regular basis. He seems to be resigned to it and sees it as the way the world is. I guess that’s the way you have to deal with it although killing anyone, even if its not your fault has got to leave a scar for life. I feel sorry for anyone in that situation.

I agree that great sympathy goes with poor sod who hits them, particularly if as said they take an innocent with them. The point I was trying to make was spare a thought for the poor messed up soul that takes such drastic action.

Yes there are plenty of ways to take your own life without involving others but you are asking someone who has lost the ability too think to apply logic.

Someone said they had more sympathy with those that were ill and going to die through no fault of their own. These people are also ill. I am no apologist like all the sandal wearing bleeding hearts and believe that victims should come first (particularly where drink drivers are concerned :smiling_imp: ) but mental illness is still an illness.

snafu. Sane. I think :laughing:

I tend to agree, Snafu, but I can also, to a degree, see where the others are pointing. I just can’t see where the hard line stance comes from with them.

If someone is mentally disturbed then they lack the wherewithal to understand the damage they can do to other peoples psyches. They simply don’t realise it. The kind of depths they must reach to even contemplate something so drastic are beyond most peoples understanding. It makes me wonder how the depression wasn’t noticed by friends or family before the person ends their lives.

But then I have to think, when my cousin ended his own life it was a complete shock to us all. We never saw it coming. So how can we judge people in this way?

The incident I was involved in has left an indelible mark on me, but I would never hold it against someone who dies under my wheels. I will always question myself as to whether I could have done anything different, but I always come up with the same answer. No, there was nothing I could do.

It is very easy to cast blame. Accidents happen all the time, and everyone is ever so quick to apportion blame when many are probably a simple case of circumstance and the randomness of life.

This woman who committed suicide has, indeed, left a scar on the driver involved, but with help and understanding, a certain degree of kindness from his firm and his family, life will go on and he will recover from the distress. I think you are being a little harsh on the suicide. She won’t recover regardless.

I was watching a programme about Indian Railways the other night and apparently death by train is an extremely common occurrence. Not necessarily suicide, mainly hordes of people who take the short cut across the tracks.
A driver interviewed seemed philosophical and calm about it, answering that he reckoned to have despatched about 70 in his career.
Then they filmed him as he finished his shift, gathered up his stuff, and calmly walked across the tracks to his moped. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused:

i know that my school of thought is harsh but im a fatalist by nature,i find it realistic and easy to accept that some people (ill or just disillusioned) will kill themselves.I ve known a few people who have done it including a close relation,ive know quite a few other friends who know of others too,its not an uncommon phononemen.My way of thinking dont sit too well with some people but i only see things black and white.

well chrissy boy when i came out the army i only saw things black or white tried to top myself twice only told my parents 8 year ago i ended my military service but it kept coming back my own case was i didnt want anyone to know keep it all to my self drink like a fish and slide even further into my own hell divorce /reposseions /homelessness yes ive had a full life went on long distance as it was a bed for the night few weeks away one thing less to worry about (was very introverted at the time) not had any suicidal tendacies for a few years :laughing:

scania245

glad you are on the up or even hopefully are at the top :smiley:

You see peeps some people can find thier way back to the sunny uplands, some sadly seek only death to kill off their demons :cry:

and remember, sometimes these actions are very sudden and have no warning. People are good at “putting on a brave face”.

scania245,glad you finally saw sense too,i know life aint black an white but people can be,i aint gona compare war wounds with you cos ive had some seriously bad stuff too,ive never considered topping my-self though,ive done aggresion,revenge,self-destruction but now im ‘on my-side’(well some of the time!)guess you have to find the best way you can to get through life,my way works for me,belive it or not but i am a people person,better with strangers than friends,yea tragic i know but i dont like to get to attached as id rather leave this world very old and with-out any baggage ‘born naked die naked’ thats why i love this job is suits loners and misfits(not the peter sutcliffe variety though :laughing: )

personnally i would not even put brakes on if silly ■■■■■ did that in front of me, most women are so stupid anyway

pleased you said most and not all women Geordie, cos it could get you in trouble. !!!

i did say most

I suppose this thread will make things easier for that bloke in Ipswich who’s daughter died after been hit by a train, then his wife, the girls mum was hit by a train within a month.

I find it very sad that drivers are more worried about messing the paintwork up on a truck. Yes the driver will feel ■■■■ for a period, but the woman wont be coming back