BEWARE - A5 Near Nuneaton

It’s true all the above , you should know your down to 40 at a camera on a single carriageway .
I,m not going to scorn you for overspeeding as i do it myself more times than i have fingers but always flick the exhauster on in good time to drop me down for the zapper.
Do what speed you like mate but make sure you drop it down to 40 if you see a coppers money box .

Thanks Carl for telling us something we all know. :unamused:

Regarding “Weighing” vehicles, it was my understanding that that square in the road before the camera was what is known as an Inductive Loop which can sense the mass of a vehicle passing over it. It can sense a small mass and assume it’s a car, or the the large mass of a truck.

Thanks Carl for telling us something we all know.

well if we all know it then people are ignoring it which also means that peoples hgv license,s arnt that precious to em afterall, if there willing to put it risk by getting points on it

I knew I’d get one reply like yours.

Go find the self-righteous.com forum

What I’m scratching my head about is how u managed to get caught 4 times…….normally when a person gets flashed by a camera……it puts them off speeding for a while whilst they wait to see if a summons is coming ……also it makes them alert to speed cameras……(from what your saying I’m assuming this is a GATSO) ……
I thought most of us knew about the weight test before cameras to catch out HGV drivers…………Dafman…….there is a weight system in the ground before the cameras…….fundamentally in electronics……it’s called a “Weighbridge system”…… …(which essentially…is how scales work…and those weighbridges the old VOSA takes u too)………hence….the weight of a lorry and cars…can be detected……….They may use a different method in this case for whatever reason…explaining the different name given by Blue222……but I’m just clearing up the point that it can be and is done this way……

At the end of the day…if I’m going along a road and see signs for speed cameras……whether I know where they r or not……….I adjust my speed as appropriate……forget anyone else……I feel guilty with a big queue behind me but………TUFF

The worst part about speeding…is knowing…….there’s…….

“Camera man in his van around the next sneaky corner”

I’m scratching my head too SuperSmiley because it DIDN’T flash.

So I was wondering if the insides of the camera are now digital…

The inductive loop is the same thing they use for car park barriers and traffic lights.

well im definatley not self rightous as many on here will testifi .and if you read my first post on this subject im sure you read this

i got 3 points on the 303 in somerset years ago 50 in a 40 my fault no one else it slowed me down

so which one are you boy racer muppet a big truck driver wannabe tha thinks its clever to blast about in ya big truck showing off or are you just plain ignorent and drive round at speed with the blind faith that youll never have an accident or get points.i wouldnt av got involved in this topic but as that the cameras in this case are at a notorious accident black spot i dont see what the problem is with them.there where they should , not on a duel carriage way just to earn revenue.they are there to stop people being killed which happened to many times in the past

Right, muppet:

If you actually bothered to read my first post, you would have seen that I was just warning other drivers that they might like to take a little more care on that bit of road, so that they don’t end up in the same position as me.
Unlike you, most members who posted here had something worthwhile to contribute and we now have an interesting discussion going. I’m going to get the lecture when I go to court and maybe I deserve it. I DON’T NEED IT FROM YOU.
I know why the ■■■■ camera is there thanks, and no I’m not a boy racer muppet truck driver wannabee. I drive a ■■■■ truck purely to put food on the table for my kids. I’ve been doing it for ten years. If I could earn the same money sitting in an office then I’d be happy to never see a ■■■■ truck again.
You got three points and it slowed you down. Good for you. I’ve slowed down now even though I wasn’t always on the limiter anyway. And I’m not paid by the hour.

OH listen to CARL getting all high and mighty…just read the first post again matey …and memorise the speeds he was doing…
I along with many others, always thought that a camera gave a bit of leeway, but this one obviously doesnt…it seems to be set, dead on the 40mph,
i feel sorry for him to get a ticket and points for such a low speed.
Most of us will welcome speed cameras, where they are due…such as accident black spots, and where motorists have no regard for safety, but we have come to learn that a lot of them are mere money earners, and add nothing to the safety of others.

Thanks truckyboy.

A sermon from carl is the last thing I need right now.

there was a plod being interviewed on radio wm a couple of weeks back who said that west midlands police cameras were set to work at :-

speed limit + 10% + 3mph

so a 30 limit would give 36mph
40 47mph
50 58mph

etc etc

I dont believe him, sounds like a wm police money raising ploy

imagine going to court and your defence is that a plod on the radio said you could do 58 in a 50 zone ■■?

did you know that a police horse is the only animal in the world with a “front bottom” half way up its back ■■?

I agree Carl your talking rubbish…I didn’t know it was a accident hot spot…to me it would just be another camera…

I just gotta ticket for doin 50mph passed gatso on A17 Leadenham bypass. First speedin offence in 21 years of truckin.

i was caught by this camera about 18 months ago, the summons said 47mph but i didn’t see it, my boss examined my tacho when he got the nip, filled in the details and rang up to point out my chart showed a speed below 40 mph at the time quoted.
he enlarged the tacho area and sent off everything in my defence, he got a letter back about a week later saying that no further action would be taken and pointing out to him the dangers of speeding - a slap on the wrist for my boss instead of me.
i was very pleased with the outcome.

I dont believe him, sounds like a wm police money raising ploy

I am sure that USED to be the formula that most forces used (when they didn’t get any of the revenue), now of course it is a great way of making money so I would certainly not bet my licence on it !!

G

I haven’t been down the Woodhead Pass for years until this last week when the M62 eastbound was shut. As I was coming down towards the M1 near Stocksbridge I noticed cameras on yellow gantries above the road. We (there were 3 of our trucks) went through them at about 45/47mph. Should we now be worried? Are NIPS winging there way to us as I type? :confused:

penfold:
I haven’t been down the Woodhead Pass for years until this last week when the M62 eastbound was shut. As I was coming down towards the M1 near Stocksbridge I noticed cameras on yellow gantries above the road. We (there were 3 of our trucks) went through them at about 45/47mph. Should we now be worried? Are NIPS winging there way to us as I type? :confused:

could be, the cameras are specs so they record your average speed, which could have been under 40, just keep your fingers crossed

simple solution to all this,
stick to the speed limits as in the book and you cant go wrong, go over and speed and you will get caught eventually, but if your job involves rushing about, finish and get another, its not worth it, to you or all your families if you end up in a box.

i do apologies if im blunt or offend anyone but its common sence.

s

jammymutt:
IS it time for a national 40mph day for truckers?.

Can you imagine the tailbacks if we ALL done the limits as a protest?.

I said this ages ago and got shot down for it!

Never mind the tailbacks, it’d be interesting to find out how many extra accidents there were due to impatient idiots trying to sneak past.

Of course, it would somehow be OUR fault! :unamused:

Exactly right gnasty. I reckon the ■■■■ Factor doubles when you drop the speed from 48 to 40.