Better facilities for lorry drivers

More crap coming out of government.

gov.uk/government/news/bett … g-revealed

The £8 million will end up as profit for the friends of the Filthy Party and the actual benefit to drivers will amount to 20 pence.

All that’s needed is secure fencing around the perimeter of any truck stop or MSA and a 24 hour patrol team with a dogs like this one in a truck stop near Calais, they have military grade cameras.

IMG_2031.jpeg

Let me guess, is there a General election in the offing :wink:

A great…

Deal is going to the MSAs. My understanding is that they pay the government for leasing the land. Then they claim this is the reason that a Mars bar costs £14. So in effect, they’re actually getting a subsidy?

They also have a pretty poor track record of doing anything for lorry drivers. A campaign to change priorities at exit slip roads in favour of HGVs to assist us with blind spot exits made little progress. Lorry parks remain full of holes, reeking of ■■■■, infested with rats and a trip hazard.

Still, let’s hope the smaller truck stops will get this money (promises are cheap remember) and they can improve on the service they already offer.

Yes, there is an election coming isn’t there.

Everybody gets free money because we’re your friends now. I’m so tired of the charade.

I got stuck in a giant hole the other week at Toddington trying to reverse. Had to go forward and try another spot. Are they going to fix these ever?

Brescia Est truck stop in Italy has a fully equipped gym, if the UK had a fitness facility at MSA`s and at truck stops , would the drivers use them or abuse them as in vandalising it, but saying that, would you want to work out after a 15 hour shift?

The Brescia site has car hire for drivers week ended or for their 24 or 45 hours weekly rest, so they can explore the lakes, the motel offers a drivers discount and air conditioning to escape the heat sleeping in a tin box.

One warehouse in the UK refurbished their showers and toilets for visiting driver to use, but the bad apples ruined for everyone else and stuffed their underwear in to the toilets to block it then flood it, parts were also stolen from the showers and plugs, the result was, no drivers allowed to use it.

Swindon truck stop getting improvements.

swindonadvertiser.co.uk/new … 85k-boost/

Probably should have been given much more than that.

I remember the toilet cubicle that was closed off but had more yellow and black tape all around it than a murder scene from Miami CSI but the bar was good and you bought a top up card at the shop to serve yourself a drink from the machine.

fingermissing:
More crap coming out of government.

gov.uk/government/news/bett … g-revealed

Check in with Neds opinion at 43m 15sec,always good value from the rascal.youtube.com/watch?v=CLfiWBnfUMU

njl:

Do you mean this?..

Bone Shaker:
Brescia Est truck stop in Italy has a fully equipped gym, if the UK had a fitness facility at MSA`s and at truck stops , would the drivers use them or abuse them as in vandalising it, but saying that, would you want to work out after a 15 hour shift?

The Brescia site has car hire for drivers week ended or for their 24 or 45 hours weekly rest, so they can explore the lakes, the motel offers a drivers discount and air conditioning to escape the heat sleeping in a tin box.

One warehouse in the UK refurbished their showers and toilets for visiting driver to use, but the bad apples ruined for everyone else and stuffed their underwear in to the toilets to block it then flood it, parts were also stolen from the showers and plugs, the result was, no drivers allowed to use it.

The new welcome break truckstop on the A14 at Rothwell is nice. Also has a gym.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Why don’t they rent out bicycles to drivers at truck stops so they can get fit on time off?

Bone Shaker:
Why don’t they rent out bicycles to drivers at truck stops so they can get fit on time off?

When I got…

Weekended in Spain, I wasn’t riding bicycles. :smiley:

Did you use the bosses running money or the DKV card to pay for the club?

Or partake in the offer of Fred’s of Coslada club vouchers.

I had…

One or two senoritas here and there.

I never once traded with Derek Kevin or Victor.

yourhavingalarf:

njl:

Do you mean this?..

Looks better already

njl:

yourhavingalarf:

njl:

Do you mean this?..

Looks better already

Use it or lose it :wink:

yourhavingaugh, if you paid for a horizontal service at the club using a bank card, the statement would not indicate what type of service was given and one statement said Miguel’s Neumatico , or loosely translated as Mikes Tyre services, as the club owners wised up to the grief their customers got off their wives and girlfriends back in England.

Bone Shaker:
yourhavingaugh, if you paid for a horizontal service at the club using a bank card, the statement would not indicate what type of service was given and one statement said Miguel’s Neumatico , or loosely translated as Mikes Tyre services, as the club owners wised up to the grief their customers got off their wives and girlfriends back in England.

I liked Fred…

He was incredibly friendly and really helpful. But because the place was chock full of Brits at the weekend, I rarely stayed there. When they pushed him out of Coslada, he tried a new place north near the N1 but it just didn’t work out for him.

We tipped Mikey D’s when it was at San Agustin del Guadalix. Safe parking, shops, plenty of bars, restaurants, ATMs and a swimming pool in the summer months. Being such frequent visitors, we all partied with the locals most weekends. Local policeman had the biggest weed plant I’ve ever seen.

I last flew down there 4 years ago to see a few old buddies.